topscore QR test #3 Q #37 wrong?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentista08

looking for a practice!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, im soooo confused
If the sides of the pentagon are x, x, x+1, 2x+1, 5x-7 and P=45, find the SECOND LARGEST side.
x=5
second largest side is x+1, no? 5+1=6
answer is 11. Why do they consider 2x+1 2nd largest side???

Members don't see this ad.

hi, im soooo confused
If the sides of the pentagon are x, x, x+1, 2x+1, 5x-7 and P=45, find the SECOND LARGEST side.
x=5
second largest side is x+1, no? 5+1=6
answer is 11. Why do they consider 2x+1 2nd largest side???

Key word largest. The second largest is the one that comes right before the largest if they were put in increasing order. draw it out u will see. And remember its second largest, not second smallest. largest start from the top and go down smallest start from bottom and work ur way up. :)

x=5
x=5
x+1=6
2x+1=11
5x-7=18

The second largest is 2x+1 (18)......you can't be messing up like this my buddy!

x=5
x=5
x+1=6
2x+1=11
5x-7=18

The second largest is 2x+1 (18)......you can't be messing up like this my buddy!
See what i mean? i got confused with the word "second largest" for some reason i took it as "count from smallest to largest" lol i guess that would be second smallest.. Stupid mistakes like this get me.. (English is 2nd language since age 12 but i know that's not an excuse..)
Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad :)
I was born and raised in Italy.. haha. Glad to hear you like the language:D