Tornadogeddon 2012

Started by Scalpels
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

:lame::lame:


its a part of living in tornado alley. I'm sure they've grown to accept it.
 
:lame::lame:


its a part of living in tornado alley. I'm sure they've grown to accept it.

🙄

I've lived here for almost two decades, so I am one of those "they've" and I'm saying good luck to my fellow residents. 😎

I don't think I've heard them be so doom and gloom like they are this weekend. Of course, they did just announce they were going to change their rhetoric from "Okay, there's a tornado, seek shelter" to "it's catastrophic tornado, we're all going to die" in order to scare people into taking the warnings seriously. Could be a part of that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙄

I've lived here for almost two decades, so I am one of those "they've" and I'm saying good luck to my fellow residents. 😎

I don't think I've heard them be so doom and gloom like they are this weekend. Of course, they did just announce they were going to change their rhetoric from "Okay, there's a tornado, seek shelter" to "it's catastrophic tornado, we're all going to die" in order to scare people into taking the warnings seriously. Could be a part of that.

You're a resident?? but your status says pre-medical??
 
I don't think I've heard them be so doom and gloom like they are this weekend. Of course, they did just announce they were going to change their rhetoric from "Okay, there's a tornado, seek shelter" to "it's catastrophic tornado, we're all going to die" in order to scare people into taking the warnings seriously. Could be a part of that.

I read that this is only the second time ever that the National Weather Service has given a high-risk warning more than 24 hours in advance. Good luck!
 
You're a resident?? but your status says pre-medical??

lol Oh, Miley.

Though, as I could see how that could confuse someone, I guess I should clarify that I don't mean "residents" as doctory residents, but inhabitants. But I know you were just having a bit of fun, iMC.

I read that this is only the second time ever that the National Weather Service has given a high-risk warning more than 24 hours in advance. Good luck!

Thanks. Yeah, it's really spooky quiet out on the streets right now. Thankfully Taco Bell was still open - had a huge craving for a chalupa.
 
lol Oh, Miley.

Though, as I could see how that could confuse someone, I guess I should clarify that I don't mean "residents" as doctory residents, but inhabitants. But I know you were just having a bit of fun, iMC.

Don't worry, bro. She's just being Miley. :meanie:

On another note, I actually drove a block away from the tornado yesterday afternoon and had no idea. It was rain-wrapped, so you couldn't see a thing. I saw pictures of the damage about 30 minutes later and was like...oops. :laugh: