Total number of matriculants class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

janV88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the stats will come out in a few months but let's get a head count here. Post how many students matriculated into your Podiatry School. I will start...

SCPM: 90 matriculants + 2 remediating = 92 total for c/o 2014

This is much lower than last year's class which I believe was around 105. Considering the residency shortage, this is a great move by SCPM IMO.

Members don't see this ad.

DMU 2013 started with 57, lost 6, and 1 is remediating. We also gained 1 from the year before
For those of you arithmetically challenged, that is 51 students currently in the class of 2013

DMU 2014 started with 58 and I believe we have already lost two... so 56 for now.

Members don't see this ad :)
- I am not a pod student, but I was just curious to why students are already dropping??? What are your opinions on why they dropped so soon??? You might not have an answer but I was just wondering. I am not naive and I know students drop out I guess I just didn't think they would so soon.

the few people last year that dropped immediately seemed to be young (right out of undergrad) and also had significant others that were unhappy. One had a few bad tests right away, one seemed to be doing ok.

Barry had 62 at orientation, I believe only one dropped first week.

Since I don't see too many from the other AZPod classes on here, I will try to get their stats correct, as far as I know. My class (2012) started with 39, had 1 drop out first quarter to go to med school in the Carribean (I think), 1 dropped a few quarters later to start dental school, then our 2nd year, 1 student didn't pass Pharm and will be taking Pharm and graduating with the class of 2013. One student also did not pass Pharm and I haven't heard if he is coming back. Class of 2013 started with 33, I think. One took a leave of absence due to a family situation in the first quarter and one took a leave of absence just this past quarter for family reasons, so they have 31 plus at least 1 from my class and possibly 2. Class of 2014 started with 33 and I don't think has lost anyone yet, and will probably pick up the 2 students who took a leave of absence from 2013. So total class sizes right now is 2012: 35, 2013: 33, and 2014: 35 at least as far as I know.

I think the class of 2014 at Western is 36 + 2 remediation. So 38. As far as I know, nobody has dropped out of 2014 -they just had a killer anatomy final exam, so who knows!

TUSPM Class of 2014 has 110 students

(TUSPM '13 has 116 compared to 120 at orientation)

AZPOD 2013 = 33 (This includes the two taking a LOA from 2012)
AZPOD 2014 = 33 (This includes the one taking a LOA from 2013)

Our school CANNOT accept more than 33 students/year or we lose our accreditation.

CPME caps don't take into account those individuals who are remediating. So did AZPOD only have 32 matriculate or have they lost one already?

I like how you call it a leave of absence lol

OCPM 2013, started with about 130 down to about 100. We also have some five years and remediators.

Members don't see this ad :)
Reasons for leaving?

Well, most wash out, but i would be willing to bet that many of those that wash out just don't want to be there bad enough. Podiatry school is tough, but it is very doable if you're willing to put in the time.

Thus far, AZPod has not lost anybody for the class of 2014.

Also, the LOA was a result of family (kept general for anonymity/student privacy) and not due to academic problems. Just FYI.

So now we have...

Scholl: 92
DMU: 56 (of 57)...could go back up 1 next fall
AZPOD: 35 errr 33 no wait 31??
Barry: 61 (of 62)
WesternU: 38
TUSPM: 110
OCPM: ?
NYCPM: ?
CSPM: ?

Where are the ohio, new york, and cali people at?

I'm not sure of the exact number at NYCPM but I'm pretty sure it's around 110.

I'm not sure of the exact number at NYCPM but I'm pretty sure it's around 110.

Can you ask around and get an exact number? Class of 2013 started out with 92...

Anyone out there from OCPM?

Can you ask around and get an exact number? Class of 2013 started out with 92...

Anyone out there from OCPM?

There was a total of 126 matriculated in August, but thats for classes of 2014/2015 (OCPM has a 5 yr program). I believe 20 students or so are part of the 5 yr so OCPM matriculated around 106....