You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
APMLE Part 2 CSPE Delayed (Class of 21, please read)
Started by DexterMorganSK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1003403
Is the CSPE even needed for state licensure? What’s the purpose of a third year podiatry resident seeing fake patients? What happens if you don’t take it before residency is over?
Is the CSPE even needed for state licensure? Yes
What’s the purpose of a third year podiatry resident seeing fake patients? No purpose, it's all the NBPME making $$$
What happens if you don’t take it before residency is over? I guess you will not be licensed but we shall see.
This entire thing is idiotic, IMO. Why are they making us take this exam if it is not required for the match? I guess it does come down to making $$$ and just business for the NBPME.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can’t believe a resident would be required to take this exam. What a joke. It’s so obvious that they just want to make money. At least this is better than the position we were in before, but still ridiculous. It’s a stupid exam, no one who has been seeing real patients should be required to take an exam with fake patients.
I almost killed my patient with my CSPE treatment plan and still passed
D
deleted1073800
Any news on the interviews? Will the January 7th-12th 2021 CASPR/CRIP interviews still be in Texas? Or will they be virtual zoom interviews or something? Would save thousands on travel not to mention the hassle
Last edited by a moderator:
Any news on the interviews? Will the January 7th-12th 2021 CASPR/CRIP interviews still be in Texas? Or will they be virtual zoom interviews or something? Would save thousands on travel not to mention the hassle
Are students responsible for those room fees?
Thinking its the program needing that room and not $100-$200 per student right?
Changes for 2021 CASPR
CRIP 2020 Changes
From Dexter's link
- The COTH Dues are now $950.00
- Section 1 Programs must check out by 12 PM on Saturday
- CASPR will only report number of attempts and Pass/Fail for APMLE Scores
- Match week status reporting will follow the same format as 2019
- The question regarding Felonies will be removed from the 2020 CASPR Application.
CRIP 2020 Changes
- CRIP in January 2021 will be in Frisco TX. The East will be attending Section 1 and West programs are attending Section II.
- A meeting room will not be assigned until the meeting room fee is paid
- Section 1: On Saturday, ALL interviews (including callbacks) must conclude by 12 pm and programs must be checked out by that time. This includes programs using a meeting room for interviews.
- Section 1: On Saturday, callbacks and/or interviews may start as early as 7:30 am.
- The Meeting room fee has increased to $200. There is now a $100 fee for Social Meeting rooms and an additional fee for Callback administration.
From Dexter's link
D
deleted1073800
Yes to both; the APMSA is working on getting rid of those fees but no guarantees as of now.
Make sure you all have those things completed before the deadline.
How do we go about paying for the additional fees? I only paid for the application fee and to select the 18 programs. I see a COTH fee of $950 in the updated fees and $200 for meeting rooms and $100 for call backs. When and how do we pay the $950 COTH fee and the $200 and the $100 fees?
Also, should we bring masks there? So we are going to be interviewing with masks on? Sorry for all the questions, this is all just a bit anxiety provoking tbh
Last edited by a moderator:
How do we go about paying for the additional fees? I only paid for the application fee and to select the 18 programs. I see a COTH fee of $950 in the updated fees and $200 for meeting rooms and $100 for call backs. When and how do we pay the $950 COTH fee and the $200 and the $100 fees?
Also, should we bring masks there? So we are going to be interviewing with masks on? Sorry for all the questions, this is all just a bit anxiety provoking tbh
Pretty sure you're required mask to even step in the building- as wild west Texas is.
They'll probably update us.
@DexterMorganSK appreciate your constant updates
How do we go about paying for the additional fees? I only paid for the application fee and to select the 18 programs. I see a COTH fee of $950 in the updated fees and $200 for meeting rooms and $100 for call backs. When and how do we pay the $950 COTH fee and the $200 and the $100 fees?
Also, should we bring masks there? So we are going to be interviewing with masks on? Sorry for all the questions, this is all just a bit anxiety provoking tbh
I'll get back to you on this probably tomorrow.
Are students responsible for those room fees?
Thinking its the program needing that room and not $100-$200 per student right?
How do we go about paying for the additional fees? I only paid for the application fee and to select the 18 programs. I see a COTH fee of $950 in the updated fees and $200 for meeting rooms and $100 for call backs. When and how do we pay the $950 COTH fee and the $200 and the $100 fees?
Also, should we bring masks there? So we are going to be interviewing with masks on? Sorry for all the questions, this is all just a bit anxiety provoking tbh
So despite what I said above, it seems like students DO NOT pay for the program fees, I just heard this from the AACPM.
Only pay for the application fee.
If you are seeing any additional payment while registering then please contact them directly at [email protected]
D
deleted1073800
So despite what I said above, it seems like students DO NOT pay for the program fees, I just heard this from the AACPM.
Only pay for the application fee.
If you are seeing any additional payment while registering then please contact them directly at [email protected]
Thank you!
D
deleted1073800
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1073800
Can someone please help clear up what this exactly means lol? So I understood from the email that we will not be going to Texas for interviews. So there will be virtual interviews on Skype or zoom or something? I still see something stating scheduling interviews. Really confused lol. And will this impact secondary application fees? Do we still send those fees out?
Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please help clear up what this exactly means lol? So I understood from the email that we will not be going to Texas for interviews. So there will be virtual interviews on Skype or zoom or something? I still see something stating scheduling interviews. Really confused lol. And will this impact secondary application fees? Do we still send those fees out?
Gotta agree with you on this.
After a 2nd read, seems like they're
1) trying to vamp up their system to handle scheduling
2) leaving interview conduction choices up to programs so they don't actually have to do anything but send "educational materials" to conduct stuff online.
Its gonna be a ****show.
D
deleted585480
What does this have to do with us? I feel like we're being let down by our podiatry governing bodies by letting certain states still force this on us this year.
What does this have to do with us? I feel like we're being let down by our podiatry governing bodies by letting certain states still force this on us this year.
Canceling this exam for the MD students gives us hope that the CPME would do the same in the future.
Sounds like the Class of 22 will avoid this bs of an exam as well!