TOURO CA MSMHS-COM 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on your acceptance! We hope to be in your place by the end of the program lol. Do you have any tips for doing well in the msmhs program?
don't work! don't have many other responsibilities unless you have to do them.
I went to a cut-throat university so I was used to the rigor of the program, but many of my peers were not and they ended up dropping. basically all the courses depend only on tests. like tests are majority of your grade if not all. also all exams happen the same week. so after 4 ish weeks of lectures, you have exams on like one week, monday to friday everyday. so it can be hard to study and do not procrasinate as it can be detrimental since all exams are the same week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! How hard was the program for you? Also do you know on average how many of the msmhs students got into tourocom who applied?
i think so far 15 ish got in.
we started with 80 and ended with 55 students who graduated i think and then out of those prob half applied and half are doing a gap year. from getting the guaranteed interview to getting an A, it is a high chance!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those asking, Some inside scoop is that 29 students of the MSMHS Class of 2022 who interviewed were accepted = 100% acceptance rate for those students (usually in past years it has been that 15 students get accepted outright, and then the remaining are on the Waitlist or get "Accept-Hold" wherein they are accepted but start in the next year's class).

This Fall 2023, 29 / 29 MSMHS Class of 2022 applicants who interviewed were accepted.
Overall, that would be 29 / 55 students are going to start TUCOM this July.

For those asking, Some inside scoop is that 29 students of the MSMHS Class of 2022 who interviewed were accepted = 100% acceptance rate for those students (usually in past years it has been that 15 students get accepted outright, and then the remaining are on the Waitlist or get "Accept-Hold" wherein they are accepted but start in the next year's class).

This Fall 2023, 29 / 29 MSMHS Class of 2022 applicants who interviewed were accepted.
Overall, that would be 29 / 55 students are going to start TUCOM this July.
oh wow! thats great news lol! do you think they have a preference for their masters students vs normal applicants or they were just really impressed by masters students apps?

oh wow! thats great news lol! do you think they have a preference for their masters students vs normal applicants or they were just really impressed by masters students apps?
they do have a preferance for masters since they know how hard the program is so the ones that make it, they really believe in them

Has anyone heard a response back recently?
Nothing yet on my end. I'm considering reaching out to find out my application status since it has already been 4 weeks. Steven Davis said they were a bit behind during the info session but said to contact Naisha Bible if we've already waited 4+ weeks. When was your app completed?

Nothing yet on my end. I'm considering reaching out to find out my application status since it has already been 4 weeks. Steven Davis said they were a bit behind during the info session but said to contact Naisha Bible if we've already waited 4+ weeks. When was your app completed?
they have a ton of graduations this week for pharmacy, DO etc.
Also, last week, they were reviewing msmhs students for the guaranteed interview, etc. so they are behind.

Has anyone emailed Naisha Bible this week and heard back? I reached out twice this week (for separate issues) and haven’t heard back

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone emailed Naisha Bible this week and heard back? I reached out twice this week (for separate issues) and haven’t heard back
I emailed a couple of days ago and she said there hasn't been a decision made on my app yet 🙁

Has anyone applied to touro Nevada's master program and can speak about that program. I was recently accepted for masters program at touro nevada but really want to go to california campus so very very confused now.

Has anyone applied to touro Nevada's master program and can speak about that program. I was recently accepted for masters program at touro nevada but really want to go to california campus so very very confused now.
did you apply to the cali one? are you waiting to hear back?

Yes i applied. waiting to hear back its beens 4 weeks now
Okay hoping you hear back soon! From what I know the Nevada one requires a 500 mcat for guaranteed interview and also not sure how many get in from the ones that interviewed

Okay hoping you hear back soon! From what I know the Nevada one requires a 500 mcat for guaranteed interview and also not sure how many get in from the ones that interviewed
Yes for very same reason I really hope i get accepted for california one. Thank you.

Accepted today! I got a voicemail from Naisha Bible :giggle:

Hey all!! I just got a call today from Naisha letting me know I got in! I hope everyone receives good news today!

• Love
Had got a call this morning as well so happy finally accepted!!

I got an email that I was placed on the waitlist for the program :(
In the email I received it said I can send an update of your profile like transcripts, another letter of recommendation, or a personal letter of intent to Naisha.

I attended today's info session and they said they are extending the application deadline to July 1st. You can get expect an update up until the day before or the day of orientation which is July 25th.

They also mentioned that if it's been 4+ weeks and you haven't heard anything, to email them to let them know.

hope any of this helps and any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

and congrats to those that have been accepted!!

I got an email that I was placed on the waitlist for the program :(
In the email I received it said I can send an update of your profile like transcripts, another letter of recommendation, or a personal letter of intent to Naisha.

I attended today's info session and they said they are extending the application deadline to July 1st. You can get expect an update up until the day before or the day of orientation which is July 25th.

They also mentioned that if it's been 4+ weeks and you haven't heard anything, to email them to let them know.

hope any of this helps and any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

and congrats to those that have been accepted!!
I think you have a good chance of getting off the WL. Idk anyone that didn’t get off the WL

I think you have a good chance of getting off the WL. Idk anyone that didn’t get off the WL
I really hope so :xf: Did you mention you completed this program remotely or in person? Would you suggest completing a letter of intent since I am on the waitlist? That is the only thing I can update my application with since I am not taking any classes. I could possibly ask for another letter of rec to submit along with my letter of intent.

Do you think since they extended their application deadline, they probably still have a lot of seats left in the program and hope to fill them with more applicants??

I really hope so :xf: Did you mention you completed this program remotely or in person? Would you suggest completing a letter of intent since I am on the waitlist? That is the only thing I can update my application with since I am not taking any classes. I could possibly ask for another letter of rec to submit along with my letter of intent.

Do you think since they extended their application deadline, they probably still have a lot of seats left in the program and hope to fill them with more applicants??
i completed it remotely
yes do a letter of intent!
yea i think they have a lot of seats left. tbh the program used to be 50 and last year it went to 80. so IDK if they really have a set number

Hi all, is there a fb group made for this cohort yet? Need to start looking for housing!

Hi all, is there a fb group made for this cohort yet? Need to start looking for housing!
I don't think they make a fb group til closer to july. However, you can perhaps start a group me. We really connected on group me for the previous class.

congrats yall! lmk if you have any questions. I finished the program and am starting at TUCOM this fall.
Thank you!! Were there any study resources that you found helpful? Anki?
I finished undergrad 5 years ago so I'm a bit nervous about diving into a rigorous coursework, so I'm doing my best to start preparing myself and getting organized.

yes i love anki! there are decks people made from previous years that will be shared.

Is anyone going to be renting a apartment and is looking to share housing please let me know. Or any recommendation for safe apartments. I am looking in Cordelia, Fairfield or even benicia. Thank you

yes i love anki! there are decks people made from previous years that will be shared.
Are the decks shared with us during orientation? Or how do we receive them? I'm trying to get familiar with anki before starting the program :)

Are the decks shared with us during orientation? Or how do we receive them? I'm trying to get familiar with anki before starting the program :)
so they actually connect u with past students and they share them. so basically me and my peers will end up sharing them

Does anyone know if this program is OOS friendly? Or do they have a stronger preference for CA residents?

Does anyone know if this program is OOS friendly? Or do they have a stronger preference for CA residents?
it is oos friendly. honestly the acceptance rate to get into the program is high. Like its not competitive unless you have any red flags on your app.

mcat is in the 49x range and gpa in program was 3.3
Hey just wondering if your overall GPA was 3.3 or just your program GPA alone? I will probably be right at 3.0 after the program if everything goes well. The DO school looks at your overall GPA, right?

Hi! I was wondering if anybody applying after 6/1 heard back? Or if anyone knows how many spots are filled already??

Hey just wondering if your overall GPA was 3.3 or just your program GPA alone? I will probably be right at 3.0 after the program if everything goes well. The DO school looks at your overall GPA, right?
Once you're in the master's program, they only evaluate your performance in the program (not your undergrad/overall GPA). If you meet the 3.0 GPA in the program and you have the 490+ MCAT, then you're guaranteed an interview.

hi, does anyone know if a 30 min commute from vacaville is doable while in the msmhs program?

anyone know if i can submit my aacomas app this summer and just update with msmhs grades later? Or do they look at MSMHS student apps to the DO program differently than everybody else's?

hi, does anyone know if a 30 min commute from vacaville is doable while in the msmhs program?
probably a lot since there is always traffic in vacaville and even fairfield. i would try to find closer to vallejo.

anyone know if i can submit my aacomas app this summer and just update with msmhs grades later? Or do they look at MSMHS student apps to the DO program differently than everybody else's?
I did aacomas for other schools and added touro in january once msmhs fall grades were in. I would recommend the same thing as they do look at apps differently. regular pool need a 500 + to get a secondary and we only need a 490+

For those in the WL, has anybody heard back? Also, does anyone know when the WL starts rolling?