You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Touro Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I can't find it right now but I saw a reply somewhere that it typically does since many acceptances tend to get turned down once they have acceptances in-state or elsewhere due to Touro's tuition being pretty high. Not entirely sure if that's true but I suppose it makes sense and gives some hope.Does anyone know if Touro's waitlist moves a lot ?
I can't find it right now but I saw a reply somewhere that it typically does since many acceptances tend to get turned down once they have acceptances in-state or elsewhere due to Touro's tuition being pretty high. Not entirely sure if that's true but I suppose it makes sense and gives some hope.
this is true, touro actually made offers to around 80% of their interviews (one of the highest) according to ADEA but this cycle might be different bc the increase in applicants this year. But should see good amount of movement bc Touro is new , expensive etc
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just gave up my spot today for another school. I hope one of you guys gets it. Good luck!
FromSFU
Full Member
Did anyone who wrote an LOI get an email back or a response?
i did in Feb and got confirmation
olivesonpizza
New Member
You got a confirmation saying you were admitted or just a confirmation saying they received your LOI & is in review ?i did in Feb and got confirmation
FromSFU
Full Member
You got a confirmation saying you were admitted or just a confirmation saying they received your LOI & is in review ?
i got a reply that they received it
olivesonpizza
New Member
It seems like lots of people are getting waitlisted
anybody know the class size as of now & the chances of getting off waitlist?
anybody know the class size as of now & the chances of getting off waitlist?
KZhong
New Member
I am wondering the same questionIt seems like lots of people are getting waitlisted
anybody know the class size as of now & the chances of getting off waitlist?
lilianneis
New Member
Agree. Do people who got accepted know about this class size? I bet they don’t .Did you guys also get the email for New Mexico? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Very surprising because when I went to interview, some of the faculty were trash talking about NYU due to their class size but now with the new 100 more students they will almost be the same for D1-D2. (Until D3-D4 transfers to New Mexico). I am pretty sure it would also cause division within the classroom like New Mexico vs NY people. It’s just really silly.
Is anyone considering this as an option? feel like we would be the experiment but idkDid you guys also get the email for New Mexico? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Very surprising because when I went to interview, some of the faculty were trash talking about NYU due to their class size but now with the new 100 more students they will almost be the same for D1-D2. (Until D3-D4 transfers to New Mexico). I am pretty sure it would also cause division within the classroom like New Mexico vs NY people. It’s just really silly.
Woah the lack of publicity and transparency about this is a little concerning. What exactly did the email say?Did you guys also get the email for New Mexico? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Very surprising because when I went to interview, some of the faculty were trash talking about NYU due to their class size but now with the new 100 more students they will almost be the same for D1-D2. (Until D3-D4 transfers to New Mexico). I am pretty sure it would also cause division within the classroom like New Mexico vs NY people. It’s just really silly.
I really tried to warn you guys…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lebrenhames
Full Member
You make some very good points. But how many people could possibly be waitlisted at only Touro? I wonder if they are going to struggle to fill 100 seats. Any thoughts on this?I disagree with you. Basically, there are two cases and neither case has a real negative impact on incoming students.
Case 1: you get accepted into the NY campus before Mar and you stay in NY. yes you would have an additional 100 classmates, but your D1 is nothing but textbook knowledge, by having a larger class doesn't affect your academics. Your D2 would only be affected if Touro doesn't have a good sim lab rotation. most likely, you would get enough sim lab hours and experiences. your D3/D4 would not be affected by the change.
Case 2: you choose to go to the New Mexico site. It is clear to me that if the expansion was not approved, all those waitlisted people would simply get a rejection. For those who do not have any other options, it is an opportunity for you to get into A dental school this cycle. You are choosing between ZERO acceptance and being accepted by One school. I'm waitlisted by Touro and I have other offers. So it is an easy choice for me: go to another school. But it doesn't mean New Mexico is a bad option. NM doesn't have any dental school, maybe those who go to NM would have phenomenal D3/D4 experiences.
Well Touro gets a good amount of applicants a year, ~2300-2500, and if you’re in NY chances are you’ve applied to NYU. So take your pick, NYU or chance with Touro and less debt. If I had all else to lose I’d probably take TouroYou make some very good points. But how many people could possibly be waitlisted at only Touro? I wonder if they are going to struggle to fill 100 seats. Any thoughts on this?
yabbayabba
Full Member
Rejected to touro. Posted on dental application.
lebrenhames
Full Member
Accepted to NM cohort
keep trying
New Member
I got accepted today to NM cohort
lebrenhames
Full Member
NoAre you guys accepting?
What are your GPA and DAT if you don't mind me asking?
lebrenhames
Full Member
20 aa and 3.5. Holding an acceptance at VCUWhat are your GPA and DAT if you don't mind me asking?
clean-teefies
New Member
I have an acceptance elsewhere but got accepted for the NM campus. I was interested in seeing how the cost lined up with my other school but... I don't see any tuition sheet? Is there seriously no tuition difference with moving to NM...?
They answered this question at the Zoom meeting and said all students would pay the exact same tuition.I have an acceptance elsewhere but got accepted for the NM campus. I was interested in seeing how the cost lined up with my other school but... I don't see any tuition sheet? Is there seriously no tuition difference with moving to NM...?
keep trying
New Member
Does anyone know when the classes start?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FromSFU
Full Member
Does anyone know when the classes start?
july 5
FromSFU
Full Member
Have any international students gotten acceptance?
i did. are you an international?
I am. I sent in the form right after the meeting. still havn't gotten anything. Do you mind sharing your stats?i did. are you an international?
FromSFU
Full Member
I am. I sent in the form right after the meeting. still havn't gotten anything. Do you mind sharing your stats?
I thought sending form was guarunteed acceptance. i have pretty good stats but I dont think that matters because I believe NM cohort is full yet and on reddit forum I saw someone's friend who applied july getting acceptance without interview
Tbh, a friend of mine just sent in the form after they extended it until April 16. He just got accepted (citizen). It just makes me feel stress as it is kinda late for the cycle already.I thought sending form was guarunteed acceptance. i have pretty good stats but I dont think that matters because I believe NM cohort is full yet and on reddit forum I saw someone's friend who applied july getting acceptance without interview
FromSFU
Full Member
Tbh, a friend of mine just sent in the form after they extended it until April 16. He just got accepted (citizen). It just makes me feel stress as it is kinda late for the cycle already.
reach out to them if you wanna go. I wonder if they are even half full
Excuse me, but please link it!I thought sending form was guarunteed acceptance. i have pretty good stats but I dont think that matters because I believe NM cohort is full yet and on reddit forum I saw someone's friend who applied july getting acceptance without interview
FromSFU
Full Member
Excuse me, but please link it!
Cheeseluvr
New Member
Any idea how this will affect upcoming years?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 19K