Touro Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Interviewed on the 15th of feb and got waitlisted

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if Touro's waitlist moves a lot ?
I can't find it right now but I saw a reply somewhere that it typically does since many acceptances tend to get turned down once they have acceptances in-state or elsewhere due to Touro's tuition being pretty high. Not entirely sure if that's true but I suppose it makes sense and gives some hope.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I can't find it right now but I saw a reply somewhere that it typically does since many acceptances tend to get turned down once they have acceptances in-state or elsewhere due to Touro's tuition being pretty high. Not entirely sure if that's true but I suppose it makes sense and gives some hope.

this is true, touro actually made offers to around 80% of their interviews (one of the highest) according to ADEA but this cycle might be different bc the increase in applicants this year. But should see good amount of movement bc Touro is new , expensive etc

Reactions: 1 users
I just gave up my spot today for another school. I hope one of you guys gets it. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
It seems like lots of people are getting waitlisted
anybody know the class size as of now & the chances of getting off waitlist?

Did you guys also get the email for New Mexico? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Very surprising because when I went to interview, some of the faculty were trash talking about NYU due to their class size but now with the new 100 more students they will almost be the same for D1-D2. (Until D3-D4 transfers to New Mexico). I am pretty sure it would also cause division within the classroom like New Mexico vs NY people. It’s just really silly.
Agree. Do people who got accepted know about this class size? I bet they don’t .

Did you guys also get the email for New Mexico? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Very surprising because when I went to interview, some of the faculty were trash talking about NYU due to their class size but now with the new 100 more students they will almost be the same for D1-D2. (Until D3-D4 transfers to New Mexico). I am pretty sure it would also cause division within the classroom like New Mexico vs NY people. It’s just really silly.
Is anyone considering this as an option? feel like we would be the experiment but idk

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess this is why they have been waitlisting almost everyone post december

Woah the lack of publicity and transparency about this is a little concerning. What exactly did the email say?

Reactions: 1 user
IMG_9931.jpg

I really tried to warn you guys…

That’s exactly what I thought! Imagine all the people who chose Touro because of their ideal instructor to student ratio and now they have to deal with this. Basically they said they will accept 100 more students and at the end of the D2 year, the additional 100 students will transition to Albuquerque, New Mexico.
I disagree with you. Basically, there are two cases and neither case has a real negative impact on incoming students.

Case 1: you get accepted into the NY campus before Mar and you stay in NY. yes you would have an additional 100 classmates, but your D1 is nothing but textbook knowledge, by having a larger class doesn't affect your academics. Your D2 would only be affected if Touro doesn't have a good sim lab rotation. most likely, you would get enough sim lab hours and experiences. your D3/D4 would not be affected by the change.

Case 2: you choose to go to the New Mexico site. It is clear to me that if the expansion was not approved, all those waitlisted people would simply get a rejection. For those who do not have any other options, it is an opportunity for you to get into A dental school this cycle. You are choosing between ZERO acceptance and being accepted by One school. I'm waitlisted by Touro and I have other offers. So it is an easy choice for me: go to another school. But it doesn't mean New Mexico is a bad option. NM doesn't have any dental school, maybe those who go to NM would have phenomenal D3/D4 experiences.

Reactions: 2 users
I disagree with you. Basically, there are two cases and neither case has a real negative impact on incoming students.

Case 1: you get accepted into the NY campus before Mar and you stay in NY. yes you would have an additional 100 classmates, but your D1 is nothing but textbook knowledge, by having a larger class doesn't affect your academics. Your D2 would only be affected if Touro doesn't have a good sim lab rotation. most likely, you would get enough sim lab hours and experiences. your D3/D4 would not be affected by the change.

Case 2: you choose to go to the New Mexico site. It is clear to me that if the expansion was not approved, all those waitlisted people would simply get a rejection. For those who do not have any other options, it is an opportunity for you to get into A dental school this cycle. You are choosing between ZERO acceptance and being accepted by One school. I'm waitlisted by Touro and I have other offers. So it is an easy choice for me: go to another school. But it doesn't mean New Mexico is a bad option. NM doesn't have any dental school, maybe those who go to NM would have phenomenal D3/D4 experiences.
You make some very good points. But how many people could possibly be waitlisted at only Touro? I wonder if they are going to struggle to fill 100 seats. Any thoughts on this?

You make some very good points. But how many people could possibly be waitlisted at only Touro? I wonder if they are going to struggle to fill 100 seats. Any thoughts on this?
Well Touro gets a good amount of applicants a year, ~2300-2500, and if you’re in NY chances are you’ve applied to NYU. So take your pick, NYU or chance with Touro and less debt. If I had all else to lose I’d probably take Touro

Well Touro gets a good amount of applicants a year, ~2300-2500, and if you’re in NY chances are you’ve applied to NYU. So take your pick, NYU or chance with Touro and less debt. If I had all else to lose I’d probably take Touro
I personally don't see much difference in tuition between Touro and NYU. Without considering food, Touro is about $130k/yr and NYU is about $150k/yr. If I have to pick between the two, I would say it depends. It seems to me that Touro produces good general dentists. And by going to NYU, students would have a much better chance to specialize. If you know for sure you want to be a general dentist, then pick touro. Otherwise, pick NYU.

I can think of two ways to analyze and both ways make me guess there are about 300 students who are currently on the waitlist.

1. looking at previous years' data. if you look at Path32 data, Touro's acceptance-to-enrollment ratio is about 3:1. so from Touro's perspective, it needs to waitlist at least 300 students in order to fill 100 seats. But it is late for this cycle at this time, so I would say, Touro may even interview more to ensure most slots are filled.

2. by tracking this post, my guess is that touro has waitlisted nearly every interviewed student since late Jan. I think there were at least 5 interviews (Feb 1, Feb 8, Feb 15, Mar 1, Mar 8) that touro conducted. Some were in-person and some were virtual. When I went in person, there were roughly 70 students (10 tables and each table has about 7-8 students). if you use 70*5, that's about 350 which matches 3:1 ratio that is mentioned above.

Last but not least, I noticed many students including myself already had acceptances from other schools when we went to the Touro interview, I'm pretty sure in general, these students are not happy with the class expansion. it is reasonable to think they would drop touro for other dental schools for many reasons such as disliking the new training location, unpredictability etc.

In conclusion, my best guess is that there are 300 on the waitlist. but after finding the class expansion, there are only about half (150) are still interested in the program. It sounds to me if you are willing to pick the New Mexico option, it is almost a guaranteed admission.
Touro doesn't necessarily need to fill the whole 100 seats even though it wants to. But for those who don't have any offer in hand, Touro is your best shot.

Reactions: 5 users
Just turned down my waitlist spot since I got accepted elsewhere. Good luck to all!

I have an acceptance elsewhere but got accepted for the NM campus. I was interested in seeing how the cost lined up with my other school but... I don't see any tuition sheet? Is there seriously no tuition difference with moving to NM...?

I have an acceptance elsewhere but got accepted for the NM campus. I was interested in seeing how the cost lined up with my other school but... I don't see any tuition sheet? Is there seriously no tuition difference with moving to NM...?
They answered this question at the Zoom meeting and said all students would pay the exact same tuition.

I am. I sent in the form right after the meeting. still havn't gotten anything. Do you mind sharing your stats?

I thought sending form was guarunteed acceptance. i have pretty good stats but I dont think that matters because I believe NM cohort is full yet and on reddit forum I saw someone's friend who applied july getting acceptance without interview

I thought sending form was guarunteed acceptance. i have pretty good stats but I dont think that matters because I believe NM cohort is full yet and on reddit forum I saw someone's friend who applied july getting acceptance without interview
Tbh, a friend of mine just sent in the form after they extended it until April 16. He just got accepted (citizen). It just makes me feel stress as it is kinda late for the cycle already.

Tbh, a friend of mine just sent in the form after they extended it until April 16. He just got accepted (citizen). It just makes me feel stress as it is kinda late for the cycle already.

reach out to them if you wanna go. I wonder if they are even half full

Reactions: 1 user
Excuse me, but please link it!

Any idea how this will affect upcoming years?
Nothing really. All the interviews I attended, including Touro, were semi-okay professional. However, none of the faculty members were prepared. There was one school that will always be my favorite, where no dentist interviewed me at all. Instead, current dental students and two dental hygienists who were faculty members of the hygiene program conducted the interview. I go to the same church with one of the full professors at that dental school, he doesn't care about admissions and doesn't bother to interview any future dental students. He says it is a waste of his time to interview students, he would teach whoever gets accepted. I did get accepted by this dental school. But in the end, I chose a different dental school (my second choice) because I want to experience a different lifestyle. And tuition-wise, it would cost me $300k more for four years. But I don't care, I don't care about money. I still own over 200 bitcoins. Yep, this guy does dentistry not for the money :D

Last edited:
Now Touro is like Midwestern Uni, inviting ppl to apply to their pharmacy school