Touro College Of Pharmacy- New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you will notice that it is very touro-like to cash stuff late....even a few months late...

Members don't see this ad.

I hear ya Pentrakosia. Thanks for your advice.. much appreciated.

Its getting kinda late in the game.. still haven't heard from Touro at all.. not a good sign.. turned in my supplemental first week of Feb.. been about 6 weeks now.. How long did it take you to hear something?

No, not a bad sign since Interviews are going until May now...so sit tight and if you get an interview be prepared. Good Luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. It took them until December( middle of my P1 year) to cash my check.

To everyone that has been accepted, there is a FB page for the Touro College of Pharmacy Class of 2015. You are going to need to prove acceptance to the program to my P1 compatriots who set up the page,

Hi everyone! For those who currently attend, are you able to hold a part-time job during the week? I was considering holding a job on Friday afternoons (around 2:00 PM) since no classes are scheduled then and only exams, but I'm worried about having a conflict in exam ending times.

Also, how hard is it to balance work with your academic studies?

Hi everyone! For those who currently attend, are you able to hold a part-time job during the week? I was considering holding a job on Friday afternoons (around 2:00 PM) since no classes are scheduled then and only exams, but I'm worried about having a conflict in exam ending times.

Also, how hard is it to balance work with your academic studies?

If you work in a pharmacy I suggest you keep the job and gain from your experience. You should be building on your knowledge. If you dont work in a pharmacy its up to you if you want to work. I manage to work 2 nights a week and one day on weekend. the program is pretty challenging, but it depends how much time it takes you to commit. You wont have a conflict with exams, but I believe there may be 2 days throughout the two years of schooling that you will have an issue, and if thats so you can switch a shift.
Work also keeps you sane during school so I still say keep the job until you feel that it interferes. I also started a family while at school and im in the top 20% so it will be up to you in the end to make teh decision.
To sum it all up its manageable.

Thank you so much pentakosia!

For P1 students, do we get to choose which day we want our lab to be (Tues/Wed/Thurs) or it it assigned? And is it flexible to change it to another day? Also, when would we receive our schedule of classes for Fall 2015?

Thank you so much pentakosia!

For P1 students, do we get to choose which day we want our lab to be (Tues/Wed/Thurs) or it it assigned? And is it flexible to change it to another day? Also, when would we receive our schedule of classes for Fall 2015?

You receive your schedule of classes during orientation right before classes start. You can request a particular date for lab at the very beginning but you dont get to choose (Not a guarantee that you will get it).

Nervous to hear back about March interviews, it's slowly approaching...anybody else??

im nervous too..we should hear back either next thurs or fri..ive been counting down the days, its been a longg month

im nervous too..we should hear back either next thurs or fri..ive been counting down the days, its been a longg month

@ pumpkinz and alisa:
Good luck. If you get in and accept dont forget to do a facebook search on TCOP class of 2015 and you will need to provide proof of acceptance.

thanks pentakosia. are the decisions sent via email or postal mail??

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody out there has an interview on 29th?
anybody knows how to get to Touro by train from JFK?:confused:

I have an interview on 3/31. Anyone else has interview on that day? Any feedback from previous interviews are appreciated..Also Where is the best place(Cheap and closer) to park near Touro?

Hi Sam 110 and pharmcity
When did you guys receive interview invites? Thanks.
Good luck on your interviews!!

Hey, i received mine a month ago. my interview was on 15th. for some reason i couldn't attend the interview on 15th, so i postponed it to 3/29.

anybody out there has an interview on 29th?
anybody knows how to get to Touro by train from JFK?:confused:

Well you have to take the Airtrain from JFK to the A train. YOu take the A train going toward Inwood/207 st. You get off at 125th street.
That should be it. Print a map of where the school is so you can find it once you get out. AT 125th Street its just a door, with a big sign. The bigger entrance is at 124th, but go to the 125th street exit.

I have an interview on 3/31. Anyone else has interview on that day? Any feedback from previous interviews are appreciated..Also Where is the best place(Cheap and closer) to park near Touro?

Well there are four garages all over th3 area so you can just park in any, no more than 10 bucks. Street parking will be a pain.

Well you have to take the Airtrain from JFK to the A train. YOu take the A train going toward Inwood/207 st. You get off at 125th street.
That should be it. Print a map of where the school is so you can find it once you get out. AT 125th Street its just a door, with a big sign. The bigger entrance is at 124th, but go to the 125th street exit.

Thanks Pentakosia! so i just need to take A train to 125th street? there is no need to change my train? A train directly goes to 125 th st?

Thanks Pentakosia! so i just need to take A train to 125th street? there is no need to change my train? A train directly goes to 125 th st?

Yep A train makes a stop there, or C train as well. Good luck!

Need Help. I dont know what is Tuoro's criteria for inviting for interview. I applied in early November 2010 and got email on Dec 2010 from Dr. Lois that my file is under review. After that I haven't received any updates. My pharmcas say everyting is ok since December. I am following this thread since November and I am noticing many people are getting interview. I have been interview at couple of other pharmacy schools. I have 3.33 GPA and going to get Bac degree from rutgers, NJ.. I dont understand Whats the problem. I called admissions office many times and talked to different people, but they all say just wait. :(..I donno what to do

decisions should be sent out tmrw..good luck to those who interviewed in march!!

decisions should be sent out tmrw..good luck to those who interviewed in march!!

Just interviewed today. Decisions come out tomorrow Friday by 2pm latest!

Good luck whoever was in my group!

I got my acceptance today to Touro Pharmacy School Class of 2015 :) (my first choice school)

congrats! has anyone else heard back?? Im still waiting...

I got put in the reserve pool as well. Ughh waited the whole month to hear that. Pentakosia, any idea if I still have a shot? Or how many slots are left? Or how exactly it works? I'm wait listed at 3 schools...feeling like Im throwing away the last year of my life taking the pre requisites.

I got put in the reserve pool as well. Ughh waited the whole month to hear that. Pentakosia, any idea if I still have a shot? Or how many slots are left? Or how exactly it works? I'm wait listed at 3 schools...feeling like Im throwing away the last year of my life taking the pre requisites.

You'll be up for consideration again at the end of May.

They will be interviewing until Mid-May. But not April. They'll look at their interviewees in May and look at the pool again.

I guess any empty seats they'll fill with reserve pool.

That's what they told me on my interview date anyway, and it was on march 31st, so the latest info. No one gave out how many spots are left, but definitely nearing the 100 mark I would say.

Does it mean that i dont have any chances? :confused:
Although they recieved my sup on 02/02, the rest of sup items marked on 03/10 as ok. Thats it.... I have never heard anything from them ( except one email that they recieved everything). I sent them a message with a question about the status of my application and nothing again...:sleep:

I got accepted!!! WOOOHOOO! my First interview and only school i wanted to go to!!
for those who are worried they said there are still May for interviews. generally the questions are about leadership skills, team work, and when u had to speak in front of an audience... volunteer experiences... the admission and faculty staff who greeted us was very warm and inviting as well! made the whole process a lot more easier. Good luck!!

I got the acceptance email on Friday, April 1st, 1 day after my interview! Beyond excited!

Well yes you still have a shot. being wait listed...is better than not hearing at all. Now they wont tell us the number of slots that are left for fear that we would blab on SDN(which we probably would) or FB. If you dont get in...then all I can say is the following. Retake any science courses you got C's in, volunteer for the whole year and apply early next year.
Thats all I can suggest to improve if you dont get in. You did not throw your last year away. I spent 9 months in isolation taking 4 courses a semester and working full time...and trust me once you get an acceptance letter you forget about that stuff.

I got accepted back in January I think and I paid the $1000 deposit. But I will be giving up my seat! Goodluck everyone!

I got accepted back in January I think and I paid the $1000 deposit. But I will be giving up my seat! Goodluck everyone!

Thanks for the update..Anybody else want to share if they are accepting or declining?

For those who haven't received an acceptance and those on waitlist. I emailed Touro to withdraw my acceptance after already paying my deposit... so hope you guys benefit from both my seat and lost money.

For those who haven't received an acceptance and those on waitlist. I emailed Touro to withdraw my acceptance after already paying my deposit... so hope you guys benefit from both my seat and lost money.

Thanks for the update apex, do you mind me asking why you are withdrawing your acceptance?

And when did you send the withdrawing email?

Thanks again for the info!

Does anyone know if Touro University still interviewing? do you know when is the last round?

Thanks for the update apex, do you mind me asking why you are withdrawing your acceptance?

And when did you send the withdrawing email?

Thanks again for the info!
I emailed them last night. They responded this morning.

I withdrew my acceptance because I'll be attending a different pharmacy school. One higher on my list.

I have interview in May 8. I am so nervous for the last round.
Touro has group interview. What should I do to prepare for the group interview? I have had no experience in the group interview. They will give problem and expect to hear solutions from interviewees right..How many interviewees in the group? How many interviewers? What kinds of questions should I need to prepare?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !!!!

Touro has group interview. What should I do to prepare for the group interview? I have had no experience in the group interview. They will give problem and expect to hear solutions from interviewees right..How many interviewees in the group? How many interviewers? What kinds of questions should I need to prepare?

Touro CA has group interviews, not NY..

Touro CA has group interviews, not NY..

@ pharmkas, I suggest you read some of my earlier posts which would help you understand what the group type interviews are like( If ur not sure pose a question to the touro students that blog here). While there is a portion that is 2x1 interview as well, if you cant get comfortable in a group setting you will have issues.
Once you get your interview its a closed file interview, ie they dont care what you got in organic chemistry 4 years ago, they evaluate you there and then. The interview process is fair and balanced here, so just try to stay focused.

Pentakosia,
They will have 2 interview sessions : both group and individual ? or just group interview?
Which airport is closest to school?
Thank you
Have a great weekend !!!

@ pharmkas, I suggest you read some of my earlier posts which would help you understand what the group type interviews are like( If ur not sure pose a question to the touro students that blog here). While there is a portion that is 2x1 interview as well, if you cant get comfortable in a group setting you will have issues.
Once you get your interview its a closed file interview, ie they dont care what you got in organic chemistry 4 years ago, they evaluate you there and then. The interview process is fair and balanced here, so just try to stay focused.

I know exactly what the interviews are like, considering I've already interviewed and gotten accepted. It's a 2 on 1 interview (I wouldn't refer to that as group interview- unlike Touro CA where it was 2 faculty + 1 student interviewer and 4 interviewees. And then, of course the spontaneous activity-where there were 3 people in my little group. Again, I wouldn't refer to that as a group interview, but call it what you want to call it.

Know about public health. They ask questions like when the last time was that you gave a speech, where pharmacy is headed in the future; things of that nature. Read over the links that are on Touro NY's website in regards to public health. That should def help you out. Closed file interview. 2 faculty interviewers plus you (the student). Very relaxed, imo.

Pentakosia,
They will have 2 interview sessions : both group and individual ? or just group interview?
Which airport is closest to school?
Thank you
Have a great weekend !!!
TO start with simple question, Laguardia is close but you have to take a cab to the city. JFK is further away but there is Airtrain and A train close to that. Try to go to JFK the day before and find a hotel nearby the school. Some people recommend orbitz to find a hotel.

Apparently I would call it a group interview, while others would not(j/k). There is a portion that assesses how you work in a group where you are given an exercise to do. You have to come up with a solution to a complex problem as a group. You are graded on how well you work well with others. If you dont listen to opinions, its not good. Just drive to get the answer as a group, while not alienating anyone. Some people think they have to dominate this section, but just work well with the others and listen as well as voice your opinion.
The interviews are 2x1 with a two professors. They go down a list of questions and ask you one by one. The professors are great, not fake, like in other schools where they are nice to you during interview and then never again. First advice be calm, bring some coffee or something and stay calm. THese are basic healthcare questions, but dont let it distract you that they will be going back and forth asking questions.
IF ANY OF THE OTHER INTERVIEWEES WHO HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD PLEASE DO SO. This forum is to answer questions as best as possible.