Touro College Of Pharmacy- New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Know about public health. They ask questions like when the last time was that you gave a speech, where pharmacy is headed in the future; things of that nature. Read over the links that are on Touro NY's website in regards to public health. That should def help you out. Closed file interview. 2 faculty interviewers plus you (the student). Very relaxed, imo.

Agreed. Thanks for sharing. My experiences are 1 year old and can change, thanks for blogging and answering questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Pentakosia and Pharmkas
Thank you so much for your thorough directions and explanations how the interview works. I highly appreciate it.
Is the group activity going before the 2-1 interview ?
During group activity, do interviewers grade interviewees on the right solutions/answers to the problem? Will they give us a case study or a problem statement? and expect us to answer? How long should this activity last? Will there be one representative for the group to answer or each single member in the group has to express their opinions toward the solution?

Thanks!!

Thank you Pharmkas,
According to the info you said for the latest interview, there is only one part : 2-1 interview (2 interviewer and 1 interviewee) and school tour and that's it or any other activities? How long was your interview day?
This is the last round and very late in the race....Do I still have hope?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you Pharmkas,
According to the info you said for the latest interview, there is only one part : 2-1 interview (2 interviewer and 1 interviewee) and school tour and that's it or any other activities? How long was your interview day?
This is the last round and very late in the race....Do I still have hope?

So the day starts of with a brief intro on the school and then you are broken up into groups. One group does the spontaneous activity first where you are given a situation and asked what you would do in such a situation. Refer to what pentakosia wrote a few posts prior on how to act during the activity. Mainly just try to give your opinion while respecting everyone else's. It's a short activity- about 15 minutes. Afterwards, you're supposed to write on a sheet of paper what went on in your little group. It's really not that bad. As for the interview it is a 2 on 1. Like pentakosia said, they go down a list of questions. Just try to stay confident. My professors were super nice, and one of them kept smiling which definitely helped. Don't worry about the seats filling up- if you got an interview then it means they are still accepting students. Hope this helps!

Your input helps a lot. Thank you Pharmkas! :) It was very nice of you and Pentakosia to help us with lots of helpful info :)

I just received my interview on May 5th at 10 anyone going to be there... Very nervous...:eek::eek::eek:

hey guys, i think the biggest thing about the touro interview to really just be as relaxed as possible!! ive never met such a friendly group, they really try to make everyone as comfortable as possible..the questions are not at all difficult, just read up on the school and know a bit about healthcare..its not crazy questions so dont worry too much, just be able to carry a conversation...its very important to SMILE! being friendly and smiling is very important! during the group interview, be as proactive as possible..u dont have to lead it but just give your input, and try not to be dominating! id go thru this thread and read everything pentakosia mentions bc it is everything u need to know..good luck to everyone! most imp thing is to stay calm..i had trouble with this myself, but looking back i see that being relaxed is the key..gl!!

Does anyone know if all the interview invites have gone out for this year's application cycle? I received an email the first week of March stating they have all my materials but I haven't heard anything since then :(

So I have a question. It seems that everyone posting on this forum has either been accepted, or put in the reserve pool. Looking back to the 2014, 2013 threads it seems to be the same thing. Everyone who posts was accepted, some put on wait list, those who were put on wait list eventually got the acceptance. So my question is has anybody been flat out rejected? and if not does anybody know people or know of people who have been rejected?

Pentakosia, sparda do you know people who interviewed and were turned down?

Thanks, its just an honest question. Anyone?

So I have a question. It seems that everyone posting on this forum has either been accepted, or put in the reserve pool. Looking back to the 2014, 2013 threads it seems to be the same thing. Everyone who posts was accepted, some put on wait list, those who were put on wait list eventually got the acceptance. So my question is has anybody been flat out rejected? and if not does anybody know people or know of people who have been rejected?

Pentakosia, sparda do you know people who interviewed and were turned down?

Thanks, its just an honest question. Anyone?

Nope. I haven't participated much in this years interview process. I'd assume that people who got rejected are probably not on SDN and perhaps do not have the same insider info.

Nope. I haven't participated much in this years interview process. I'd assume that people who got rejected are probably not on SDN and perhaps do not have the same insider info.

Well, they tend to leave the "Im sorry u didnt get accepted" letters till later on. If you applied in December /January/February and still have not heard back about an interview....I would not bother. They are working more on people that applied in March now. Lots of people applied in the end.

for people who got a may interview wuld you mind sharing your gpa and when you applied? thanks!!

For May interview, I applied on pharmcas on Jan 30 and my suppl. application is done on Feb 22, and received interview invite on April 8.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Friends,
Besides Interview Feedback on SDN for possible interview questions - 4 posted on Touro from interview in Jan, do you know where I can find more questions that can be asked at Touro Interview?

What kinds of group activity situation questions?
Thanks

Last edited:
HI Tutam,
I was invited to one of the interviews and got accepted. Basically the advice from most of the ppl responding about the interview questions ARE the questions they asked. The admissions board (the interviewers) want you to define what Public Health was, or what Health Disparity meant (look that up as well as what the pharmacy field can contribute to improving public health). There were a lot of personal experience questions like (um...trying to remember from th top of my head here....) What was one time you had to speak in front of an audience (eluding to public speaking) I got a feeling they wanted an answer where they wanted an experience in which you had to INFORM and Educate a group of people about a topic, or What volunteer experience do you have (i gave both medical health field as welll as out side non health related volunteering experiences)? Give one time you had to do something independently. What would you do if you had to do many things at once? (They want to know if you can keep calm in a situation in which you had many things going at the same time, thus they want to know if you can multitask - and give an example. ) The first question they asked was, How would your friends and family describe you? (I was not expecting that :p ) thats all i remember... i wasn't as calm as i would like infact i was pretty much ackward during the whole interview with the professors, but I made it up at the end by ASKING TONS OF QUESTIONS, and which started short conversations about it with both professors (so that i showed that even though i seemed like a total flake in the beginning i was still very interested in Touro and that even though i didnt answer the questons as well as i should have it could have just been nerves) Oh, Keep a steady eye contact with both interviewers even though one interviewer will do most of the questioning.
The group activity question was what would you do if you were stranded on an island with a group of ppl or some kind of scenerio if which you had to work in a group and access the situation together. Its a fun activity if you have a cool group of ppl with you during your interview (the bad side to it is you had someone in the room studying you and your group members...) anyways hope that helps everyone who still has an interveiw this coming may!!! Good Luck!!!

Thank you Farming4pharmacy for your detailed reply and help.
For group activity, did the one who is watching you and your group during that time ask you about your opinions about that situation in the end?
Congrats on your acceptance!

@tutam nope she just observed and timed us. yes, the activity was timed... so was the end of the activity essay/ 2 paragraphs review that we had to write as to what you think you just did in the group activity. don't worry you don't have to start reviewing your vocabulary words for the writing assignment, i think they just want to know if you had a clue as to what happened. :p

HI Tutam,
I was invited to one of the interviews and got accepted. Basically the advice from most of the ppl responding about the interview questions ARE the questions they asked. The admissions board (the interviewers) want you to define what Public Health was, or what Health Disparity meant (look that up as well as what the pharmacy field can contribute to improving public health). There were a lot of personal experience questions like (um...trying to remember from th top of my head here....) What was one time you had to speak in front of an audience (eluding to public speaking) I got a feeling they wanted an answer where they wanted an experience in which you had to INFORM and Educate a group of people about a topic, or What volunteer experience do you have (i gave both medical health field as welll as out side non health related volunteering experiences)? Give one time you had to do something independently. What would you do if you had to do many things at once? (They want to know if you can keep calm in a situation in which you had many things going at the same time, thus they want to know if you can multitask - and give an example. ) The first question they asked was, How would your friends and family describe you? (I was not expecting that :p ) thats all i remember... i wasn't as calm as i would like infact i was pretty much ackward during the whole interview with the professors, but I made it up at the end by ASKING TONS OF QUESTIONS, and which started short conversations about it with both professors (so that i showed that even though i seemed like a total flake in the beginning i was still very interested in Touro and that even though i didnt answer the questons as well as i should have it could have just been nerves) Oh, Keep a steady eye contact with both interviewers even though one interviewer will do most of the questioning.
The group activity question was what would you do if you were stranded on an island with a group of ppl or some kind of scenerio if which you had to work in a group and access the situation together. Its a fun activity if you have a cool group of ppl with you during your interview (the bad side to it is you had someone in the room studying you and your group members...) anyways hope that helps everyone who still has an interveiw this coming may!!! Good Luck!!!

Well they have to change the questions every year because they know students will post what was asked. Its not really geniune if you are prerehearsed for an interview, so they tend to change some questions.
The group activity was fun for us....but just be practical. If ur on a deserted island whats more important a gun or food.( And no you shouldnt kill everyone else to get more food.)
@ Tutam: Its a closed book interview...nothing matters in your past, just your opinion. You get some time to think, so be genuine. One of my class mates was asked Define public health and what it mean to you...and stared at them for like one minute blankly....so .....dont be nervous about it at all.
@ farming...thanks for sharing. All us current students can help you with figuring certain things out, we are kept out of the interview process.

Hey Pentakosia (or anybody who may know). Will their be acceptances/rejections made at the end of April for people on the reserve pool? Or do we actually have to wait until the end of May to hear a definite answer? In the email it states "The files of all reserve pool applicants are kept active, updated with new PharmCAS data, and reconsidered each month."

Not sure if this information is available just figured I throw it out there...

Hey Pentakosia (or anybody who may know). Will their be acceptances/rejections made at the end of April for people on the reserve pool? Or do we actually have to wait until the end of May to hear a definite answer? In the email it states "The files of all reserve pool applicants are kept active, updated with new PharmCAS data, and reconsidered each month."

Not sure if this information is available just figured I throw it out there...

Good question. From what I understand they compare the students interviewing with who is on the waitlist and select the best candidates. They will wait until the end of may to make the final decisions and then give more waitlisted students notification. Everyone is off, including us students for 2 weeks, now so dont expect anything in april. No its not the end of the world if you are waitlisted, some of my fellow classmates were waitlisted.

@ anyone who might know the answer or able to offer advice:

I haven't gotten an interview invite from Touro yet, and since it's so late in the game, I figured I won't be getting one since the school is on spring break until the end of April and starting the last interviews in May. However, I got an email from the dean of admissions saying that they will continue offering interviews, but didn't really give me a cut off date. Should I just give up on getting an interview? I have an offer from Regis University and another interview, but I really wanted to go to Touro because of its location in NYC and program. I just feel like I'm getting mixed answers because on the phone, the dean had said they needed to get invites out by last week, but her email says different.

I guess I'm just at a loss. Regis is expecting a decision reply by the 29th, so I'm trying to settle everything, in other words, my friend is looking at apartments in NYC and telling me that it'll work out. O_O

Does anyone here have an interview on May 10th or later?

So once you receive the interview, does that pretty much mean your transcripts are good and that your acceptance is pretty much determined by the interview?

Last edited:
Does anyone here have an interview on May 10th or later?

So once you receive the interview, does that pretty much mean your transcripts are good and that your acceptance is pretty much determined by the interview?

im sure they will look at your stats again to get the full picture and go from there. interview just another step in the interview process but you have a decent chance of getting in since you scored an interview compared to those who did not. public speaking and communication skills are essential in every pharmacist so they want to see that. this late in the game, you need to step it up a notch to score a seat. good luck

@ anyone who might know the answer or able to offer advice:

I haven't gotten an interview invite from Touro yet, and since it's so late in the game, I figured I won't be getting one since the school is on spring break until the end of April and starting the last interviews in May. However, I got an email from the dean of admissions saying that they will continue offering interviews, but didn't really give me a cut off date. Should I just give up on getting an interview? I have an offer from Regis University and another interview, but I really wanted to go to Touro because of its location in NYC and program. I just feel like I'm getting mixed answers because on the phone, the dean had said they needed to get invites out by last week, but her email says different.

I guess I'm just at a loss. Regis is expecting a decision reply by the 29th, so I'm trying to settle everything, in other words, my friend is looking at apartments in NYC and telling me that it'll work out. O_O

depends how much your deposit is at regis, if its not too much you can just drop it down first and see what happens with the other schools. best thing to do is decide which school will make you happy since you will be there for the next 4 years and never look back.

Any third year students care to give their thoughts out on the rotation sites and availability? Which ones to aim for? I'm interested in hospital pharmacy especially if they have specialty like oncology and maybe an industry rotation.

They sort've rushed through that part when I was interviewed.

i am kind of in a similar situation - when i spoke to touro they said that interviews could even be given out a few days before the actual interview, and that they wait to see if the first round of invitees reject the interview.

they said interviews will end early may though.

never applying so late again!

I did not learn about Touro College of Pharmacy until late in the process and so I submitted my application (supp) late Feb. I received an e-mail saying they will let me know my staus as they move through the application process. April is almost done and nothing. Worried:scared:

Anybody else in reserve pool? Anybody have any idea how many people are in reserve pool?

Has anyone not heard a damn thing from them? Turned in my supplemental first week of Feb. Have not heard a single thing from them. Are they still sending out interview invitations? Whats the deal?

I did not learn about Touro College of Pharmacy until late in the process and so I submitted my application (supp) late Feb. I received an e-mail saying they will let me know my staus as they move through the application process. April is almost done and nothing. Worried:scared:

Same here Become, I turned mine in EARLY Feb and - NOTHING!

Same here Become, I turned mine in EARLY Feb and - NOTHING!

@become and Getmein: The people they are interviewing now are from February, they had a lot of applicants that were late in the process. If you are worried consider your other options at this point. Remember, apply early next year.
As an FYI we had 1200 applicants this year, up from 800 last year.

Any third year students care to give their thoughts out on the rotation sites and availability? Which ones to aim for? I'm interested in hospital pharmacy especially if they have specialty like oncology and maybe an industry rotation.

They sort've rushed through that part when I was interviewed.

There's plenty of different sites that they have in different areas of the NYC Metropolitan Area. Few sites in upstate NY/westchester, some sites in Jersey, some sites in Long Island, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Queens. But the majority of the sites are in Manhattan/Harlem.

I think Montefiore is the best site we have right now, so I would recommend putting that site in as your primary pick. I've done that and I still haven't gotten it, I'll try and get it for one of my elective rotations. Only thing I'm worried about with Montefiore is the amount of traffic that I would face trying to get there.

They have a few sites available for Oncology pharmacy such as the Ralph Lauren Center, which is an affiliate of Memorial Sloan Kettering, and I think they have Lincoln Hospital as well.

@become and Getmein: The people they are interviewing now are from February, they had a lot of applicants that were late in the process. If you are worried consider your other options at this point. Remember, apply early next year.
As an FYI we had 1200 applicants this year, up from 800 last year.

Any idea how many people are on reserve list?

I paid the deposit for Touro already..but I'll be giving up my spot!

Sorry they dont publish that information ever. I just happen to ask about the amount of applicants.

I hear you Pentakosia. I remember you from my interview. Thanks for all of the useful information you do have!

So I don't suppose they would give out how many spots are left? How many people are yet to be interviewed? etc...

I'm on wait at several schools, but Touro is the one I want to go to. Anyway, I think I did extremely well on my interview after reading all of this SDN stuff. Crossing my fingers... So nobody else who is on SDN is reserved? Anybody?

I hear you Pentakosia. I remember you from my interview. Thanks for all of the useful information you do have!

So I don't suppose they would give out how many spots are left? How many people are yet to be interviewed? etc...

I'm on wait at several schools, but Touro is the one I want to go to. Anyway, I think I did extremely well on my interview after reading all of this SDN stuff. Crossing my fingers... So nobody else who is on SDN is reserved? Anybody?

Hey Pumpkinz1.. when did you interview? Did they say how long until they'll send out results? Mine is coming up on May 10th and I know that some people have it on May 5th.

Hey Pumpkinz1.. when did you interview? Did they say how long until they'll send out results? Mine is coming up on May 10th and I know that some people have it on May 5th.

I interviewed on March 1st. They have been sending out results on the first day of the following month. So April 1st for me. Not sure how they will be working it in May, June 1st is pretty late. But who knows.

Anyway good luck on your interview and let me know if they answer any of my questions when you are there please!

Pentakosia, just feeling hopeless at this point...what kind of candidates does Touro targets? I thought with five years direct pharmacy experience/education through the military and outside (pre-pharmacy education) would have given me an edge.

Pentakosia, just feeling hopeless at this point...what kind of candidates does Touro targets? I thought with five years direct pharmacy experience/education through the military and outside (pre-pharmacy education) would have given me an edge.

@Become: I would have agreed with you. I would say your mistake was applying late. They like people who are well rounded, and have done something else. I was an engineer for 10 yrs...so they like stuff like that. The last thing I can recommend is volunteer,. either at hospital or other organization.

@ pumpkinz. Dont be surprised if its earlier. Students have to start filing financial aid papers soon, so they will look to finalize sooner than later. I would expect 2 weeks after interview..regardless of what they say at this point.

TO ALL THAT HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR FAFSA IS DONE, AND CHECK YOUR EMAIL REGULARLY FOR FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION.

By financial aid: for first year its just loans, scholarships for second year and on.

PLease message me incase i miss any questions. I got lazy on vacation.

Last edited:
TO ALL THAT HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR FAFSA IS DONE, AND CHECK YOUR EMAIL REGULARLY FOR FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION.

By financial aid: for first year its just loans, scholarships for second year and on.

PLease message me incase i miss any questions. I got lazy on vacation.

Hey Pentakosia, when is the deadline for FAFSA?

Hey Pentakosia, when is the deadline for FAFSA?

Its technically June 30th, but they wont process your financial aid until ids done. also you should file a promissary note. Instructions are on the website.

Pentakosia, thank you. It helps to have someone to talk to. Guess at this point I am just awaiting my rejection e-mail. Touro is #1 on my list.

wow i gave up hope for this school already and i got an email out of no where. I submitted my application in November and they probably received it in december. Man is this the last interview session? May seems so late for an interview and I dont even know if there are even spots left. any input would be great

hi! i went on the site and all the forms for fafsa or loan forms are for 2010-2011...we need 2011-2012 right? any idea if they have new ones yet? i live in NY so if its there i'll just hop on a train and pick them up. thanx!

wow i gave up hope for this school already and i got an email out of no where. I submitted my application in November and they probably received it in december. Man is this the last interview session? May seems so late for an interview and I dont even know if there are even spots left. any input would be great

Yes there are spots left, they just wont tell me how many. Just focus on doin ur best at the interview. Follow all the threads for how to be prepared. Listen to the fellow students for advice, and be calm and confident.
I am giving tours, so you might meet me.

hi! i went on the site and all the forms for fafsa or loan forms are for 2010-2011...we need 2011-2012 right? any idea if they have new ones yet? i live in NY so if its there i'll just hop on a train and pick them up. thanx!

We havent done our Fin Aid yet, so just have your fafsa done and obtain a pin and obtain a promissary note. Thats all you need until they update the forms. THey are waiting to finalize the class to do this.
I went and asked for you guys.

Hey Hombe, when is your interview?

Yes there are spots left, they just wont tell me how many. Just focus on doin ur best at the interview. Follow all the threads for how to be prepared. Listen to the fellow students for advice, and be calm and confident.
I am giving tours, so you might meet me.

Hey Pentakosia, will you be giving tours on May 10th?!