Touro College of Pharmacy NY - Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Whoever got accepted on wednesday should thank me coz I declined my acceptance and they told me the very next moment they send acceptance to the next person on the waiting list. Good Luck!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Harlem is a neighborhood in Manhattan, which is a borough in NYC. A lot of students live in Manhattan, personally I'm not a fan of living in Manhattan since it's not car friendly.

I'd recommend living in Astoria, Queens on Steinway Street. Find an apartment there. A 15-30 minute bus ride from Astoria to Harlem. Not to mention, Astoria's nightlife is ****ing amazing.

thnx sparda for the info!

thnx sparda for the info!

Yup, I'd move there in an instant, but my parents don't want me to move out. I guess I should be thankful, since a lot of other parents force their children out when they turn 18 or 21, I basically have the whole basement to myself, so it's like a really nice apartment for myself, my parents could in theory rent out the basement for $2000/month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!:) Can't wait to meet all of you! Who's traveling from cali?

Accepted!!!:) Can't wait to meet all of you! Who's traveling from cali?

from san diego :hello:

and thanx sparda for the housing tips! :) but isn't it a bit early to look? i thought people usually look about 2 months or so before the move ... please correct me if i am wrong

from san diego :hello:

and thanx sparda for the housing tips! :) but isn't it a bit early to look? i thought people usually look about 2 months or so before the move ... please correct me if i am wrong

from SF :)

I am also from CA as well, but I was wondering if any of u were accepted to another program. And if so, what made you choose Touro, NY, over the other ones?? I am relieved the $2000 deposit is not until April (i had been confused and thought i had to come up with that 10 days after the acceptance!!)

I liked it there during the interview; especially with their location in Manhattan. But I also realize the housing will be expensive and there wouldn't be out of state rotation opportunities.

I believe they are working with the CA campus for opportunities to choose Cali for rotations. That status of this or when this would actually happen is sketchy.

I am also from CA as well, but I was wondering if any of u were accepted to another program. And if so, what made you choose Touro, NY, over the other ones?? I am relieved the $2000 deposit is not until April (i had been confused and thought i had to come up with that 10 days after the acceptance!!)

I liked it there during the interview; especially with their location in Manhattan. But I also realize the housing will be expensive and there wouldn't be out of state rotation opportunities.

I was also accepted but have trouble with computers so I needed a friend to help me sign up to sdn. I have doubts about going here. The building is nice, the area isn't so nice and the school seems disorganized, maybe because its new but I doubt it. What really turned me off is the way Touro seems to only care about money. In the interview they even said it was a business and your making us money. From reading these posts my thoughts about this school and it employees only caring about money by selling degrees.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/06/10/2009-06-10_guilty_of_selling_touro_degrees.html

Its rumored they sold PA degrees too but I'm not too sure about. The way a certain Administrator talked and acted really makes it seem like going to government office and not a school to learn and pay around 34k per year. I got accepted to Nova and Lecom-Erie. I have to respond by tomorrow to touro. As of now I think I wont be attending I don't see positivity coming from a school known to be so corrupt and them giving reinsurance its all about the money. Big turnoff from me. Basis on the way they acted I don't even know how this school will be accredited, hope it is for everyone sack. I Just don't see how graduating from Touro can get me a good job since its well known to be a laughing stock in all fields from law to medical. wish you people best of luck but unless someone gives me a good reason why I should attend I will be regretfully declining my seat.

I was also accepted but have trouble with computers so I needed a friend to help me sign up to sdn. I have doubts about going here. The building is nice, the area isn't so nice and the school seems disorganized, maybe because its new but I doubt it. What really turned me off is the way Touro seems to only care about money. In the interview they even said it was a business and your making us money. From reading these posts my thoughts about this school and it employees only caring about money by selling degrees.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/06/10/2009-06-10_guilty_of_selling_touro_degrees.html

Its rumored they sold PA degrees too but I'm not too sure about. The way a certain Administrator talked and acted really makes it seem like going to government office and not a school to learn and pay around 34k per year. I got accepted to Nova and Lecom-Erie. I have to respond by tomorrow to touro. As of now I think I wont be attending I don't see positivity coming from a school known to be so corrupt and them giving reinsurance its all about the money. Big turnoff from me. Basis on the way they acted I don't even know how this school will be accredited, hope it is for everyone sack. I Just don't see how graduating from Touro can get me a good job since its well known to be a laughing stock in all fields from law to medical. wish you people best of luck but unless someone gives me a good reason why I should attend I will be regretfully declining my seat.

So let me get this straight...
You don't go to Touro, so you know nothing about the faculty or the school. Also, saying that they are "not a school" because of the cost of tuition? Many private schools cost that or more per year. The faculty at Touro are very nice, and have come from other schools (including the 2 you were accepted to), so I don't know what you mean by "the way they acted". I think you are also forgetting that Touro also already has a pharmacy school (the same program) in California that is fully accredited. It sounds like you just came here to air our some personal vendetta you have against Touro and really don't want anyone's opinion on why you should attend the school. It's funny how you talk about Touro being "a laughing stock" when the fact any pharmacy schools accepted such an ignorant and arrogant student is really what is laughable.

50shake00.gif

So let me get this straight...
You don't go to Touro, so you know nothing about the faculty or the school. Also, saying that they are "not a school" because of the cost of tuition? Many private schools cost that or more per year. The faculty at Touro are very nice, and have come from other schools (including the 2 you were accepted to), so I don't know what you mean by "the way they acted". I think you are also forgetting that Touro also already has a pharmacy school (the same program) in California that is fully accredited. It sounds like you just came here to air our some personal vendetta you have against Touro and really don't want anyone's opinion on why you should attend the school. It's funny how you talk about Touro being "a laughing stock" when the fact any pharmacy schools accepted such an ignorant and arrogant student is really what is laughable.

Nice post.

I smell a troll....Perhaps someone on the waitlist trying to sway someone away from the school so they could get in..

Nice post.

I smell a troll....Perhaps someone on the waitlist trying to sway someone away from the school so they could get in..

ok you guys, i am starting to really worry now, i got accepted and i really like how close the school is to me, but i am so worried about the accreditation. its really scary to pay that much money and at the end you wont be able to sit for the naplex, can this really happen guys, what if the school doesnot get accredited for some reason, what will happen then , we will be screwed !>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>????

Members don't see this ad :)
ok you guys, i am starting to really worry now, i got accepted and i really like how close the school is to me, but i am so worried about the accreditation. its really scary to pay that much money and at the end you wont be able to sit for the naplex, can this really happen guys, what if the school doesnot get accredited for some reason, what will happen then , we will be screwed !>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>????

The school has candidate status, which is the final status before the first class has to graduate, once we graduate, the school is Fully Accredited.

Do a search and you wil find that candidate status is, in many ways, fully accredited.

If for some ungodly reason it doesn't make it to fully accredit, you will still get to sit in for NAPLEX.

Or you can give into the troll's wishes and give up your spot to someone on the waitlist..:)

Then don't attend, nobody's forcing you to accept the offer. If you really felt this strongly about the school, there wouldn't be any doubt in your mind as to whether you should attend or not. You say you got into two other schools so whats the debate about? Decline the offer already so someone that wants to get in can.

Then don't attend, nobody's forcing you to accept the offer. If you really felt this strongly about the school, there wouldn't be any doubt in your mind as to whether you should attend or not. You say you got into two other schools so whats the debate about? Decline the offer already so someone that wants to get in can.

exactily, i think you are trying to scare those who got accepted so that they give up their seats and you get one, shame on you ..

exactily, i think you are trying to scare those who got accepted so that they give up their seats and you get one, shame on you ..

First off I am not trying to scare anyone and I am not a troll. I was deciding where to go and by the sound of many of you I do not want to be in a class with so many people in denial of the facts. I came here for opinions and got attacked by a pack of animals. I know about touro because I have friends who attend many different programs. They all tell me the same thing; that many of the programs only care about money and they don't learn enough about their field. Touro CA is different from Touro NY its like night and day. Touro CA is considered a university, they have better professors and staff. Look it up if you don't believe rather than criticizing me. If you don't believe me about Touro caring about money was is the deposit 2,000 and then 1,000 before class starts? 3,000 deposit are you kidding me that's so absurd. Anyway I declined my seat best of luck to all of you at Touro. Hope my feelings are wrong about the school .

First off I am not trying to scare anyone and I am not a troll. I was deciding where to go and by the sound of many of you I do not want to be in a class with so many people in denial of the facts. I came here for opinions and got attacked by a pack of animals. I know about touro because I have friends who attend many different programs. They all tell me the same thing; that many of the programs only care about money and they don't learn enough about their field. Touro CA is different from Touro NY its like night and day. Touro CA is considered a university, they have better professors and staff. Look it up if you don't believe rather than criticizing me. If you don't believe me about Touro caring about money was is the deposit 2,000 and then 1,000 before class starts? 3,000 deposit are you kidding me that's so absurd. Anyway I declined my seat best of luck to all of you at Touro. Hope my feelings are wrong about the school .

does the deposit go towards our tuition?

i think touro CA deposit is also 2000

does the deposit go towards our tuition?

yes there initial payment of $2000 is to keep you seat in the class of 2014. from what i read, there are two $1000 payments after the initial deposit... though feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

yah a $2000 deposit is hefty but it does go towards your tuition and they just want to be sure that you've thought this through and are serious about attending the school. this way you aren't wasting your time and theirs :laugh:

Hey I agree with you 100% about the money aspect. I interviewed on the 3rd of Feb and in my opinion the faculty was rude and cared about the students meeting their financial obligations rather than getting an education. I also got accepted but I declined since i got accepted to my first choice and also because I really wasnt impressed. I dont know much about their "selling degrees scandal" so I will not comment on that and about whether or not they will have future issues with accreditation, hopefully they will not. The fact that people attacked you is not cool. We are all adults here (hopefully) so the name calling really was not necessary. This is a forum where we should be able to voice or concerns and opinions without being placed on trial. I wish everyone the best of luck at Touro this fall and I hope all works out well. Good Luck.

Hey Guys... What is next step towards the processs????
After we get an acceptance letter .. what do we need to do???

just got off waitlist... so happy :D

Yeahhhh dima!!!..congrats!!

Dr gp or Mary Clark will send u guys further instructions. Congrats to all!

if you get a c- in one of your pre-reqs will they really reject you?

thanks I can't wait to celebrate this acceptance :soexcited:

I don't think anyone's opinions or comments about touro should influence anyones' decision about attending the school or not. Touro NY was my top choice over all the other schools that I had applied to; however, at the interview the school gave a VERY shocking impression of the school. For instance, while the faculty was asking me questions from a list, they were not able to understand some of the questions themselves because they were reading them for the first time and reading them wrong. When I asked again, they said "I know its weird but thats what it says here". Besides that, one of the girls in my group was yelled at for not having a pen with her. Also, the assistant dean said that the administration keeps track of the SDN, they know exactly who these people are in the form. She actually talked a lot about Sparda who is a regular in this forum.
I just want to say that maybe the school is very good, but still the administration should work on their professionalism.
I am glad I went to the interview b/c I could then distinguish and understand the school I wanted to attend.

at my interview, sparda was also mentioned. how does administration know exactly who is posting on the forum? it's pretty much anonymous unless you say something that distinguishes you from everyone else.

i asked this question before but didn't get an answer. is there anywhere i can get a description of the courses in the curriculum? i wonder why they don't have anything up.

oh one more thing, has anyone noticed that when someone from administration emails you, there's like typos and such..example is when i got my acceptance email, there were spacing issues that i noticed. maybe they just copy and paste the letter or something..the letter didn't look professional. but i'm not complaining because i got accepted =)

Last edited:
I don't think anyone's opinions or comments about touro should influence anyones' decision about attending the school or not. Touro NY was my top choice over all the other schools that I had applied to; however, at the interview the school gave a VERY shocking impression of the school. For instance, while the faculty was asking me questions from a list, they were not able to understand some of the questions themselves because they were reading them for the first time and reading them wrong. When I asked again, they said "I know its weird but thats what it says here". Besides that, one of the girls in my group was yelled at for not having a pen with her. Also, the assistant dean said that the administration keeps track of the SDN, they know exactly who these people are in the form. She actually talked a lot about Sparda who is a regular in this forum.
I just want to say that maybe the school is very good, but still the administration should work on their professionalism.
I am glad I went to the interview b/c I could then distinguish and understand the school I wanted to attend.

it did state in the letter to bring a pen -__-"

but i do admit the questions were a bit odd

one of the things i liked about the school is its VERY straight forward. they don't sugar coat or waste your time. they give it to you straight. you are expected to come prepared and do your research. which is good in my opinion because that's how it is in life. lol good times :D

just got off waitlist... so happy :D

Dima I am vey happy for you got accepted good luck,
I aslo wondering how did you acccompish this goal because I am also on waiting list and hope to get in.

From what I understood, the administration knows of SDN and the topics and issues posted but they don't know who actually post them.

Dima I am vey happy for you got accepted good luck,
I aslo wondering how did you acccompish this goal because I am also on waiting list and hope to get in.

Don't know how. Guess was on top list..dont give up yet you still have chance

at my interview, sparda was also mentioned. how does administration know exactly who is posting on the forum? it's pretty much anonymous unless you say something that distinguishes you from everyone else.

i asked this question before but didn't get an answer. is there anywhere i can get a description of the courses in the curriculum? i wonder why they don't have anything up.

You can find the course descriptions on Touro-CA website. Theirs and Touro-NY curriculum is essentially the same. Although I am not clear on the schedule for the P1 year. If anyone can give me an idea, that would be great.

Thanks!:)

oh one more thing, has anyone noticed that when someone from administration emails you, there's like typos and such..example is when i got my acceptance email, there were spacing issues that i noticed. maybe they just copy and paste the letter or something..the letter didn't look professional. but i'm not complaining because i got accepted =)

Yep, they figured out who I was when I posted my response to getting accepted to Touro in the Class of 2012 thread. Basically it was something like, "as of 6:39PM I'm accepted", the assistant dean figured out that she sent me the e-mail exactly at 6:39PM, not to mention, "29" is the date of my birth.

Yep, they figured out who I was when I posted my response to getting accepted to Touro in the Class of 2012 thread. Basically it was something like, "as of 6:39PM I'm accepted", the assistant dean figured out that she sent me the e-mail exactly at 6:39PM, not to mention, "29" is the date of my birth.

oh man, i'm a pretty big giveaway then, should've opted for a more covert username

And you have no problem with this?

Is not like Touro is forcing you to choose their school . Every school has pros and cons.
you have to understand this is a new school and they are making progress day by day . I applied to the 2012 class too and I could tell you that since then I've seen a SIGNIFICANT improvement in everything.

Every school starts from somewhere.

rather then complaining about Touro's professionalism in here . It would be a good idea to send a letter to Touro's Administration . I'm sure they will take it in to consideration.

In the end you make the decision not TOURO

GOOD LUCK ALL

For those who are complaining about the 2000 dollars deposit .

most pharmacy schools take up to 1000 to secure your seat.

Grad school is expensive why are we worrying about a deposit when we have to pay 10 x more for the year.

that deposit goes to your tutition

TOURO IS NOT TAKING YOUR DEPOSIT

lol some of the messeges in this forum are very sad to read

EDUCATION HAS A COST people

Interesting. Yes this is a public forum and you should watch what you post, but the fact that they go to such lengths to ID their students is kind of unsettling to me.

As operators of a small business they are smart to observe what is being said about their business in any sort of public forum, especially one frequented by many current and potential clients. On the other hand, they should also not advertise the fact that they are watching since disclosing that comes off kind of amateurish or big brotherish, despite the logic of it.

I got pulled off from waitlist yesterday .. and replied to the e-mail saying I accept the offer.. I called the office to confirm it but no one answered so I left message but haven't got return call yet..
My question is.. does the school send you the confirmation e-mail after you accept the offer??

I got pulled off from waitlist yesterday .. and replied to the e-mail saying I accept the offer.. I called the office to confirm it but no one answered so I left message but haven't got return call yet..
My question is.. does the school send you the confirmation e-mail after you accept the offer??

I think they do, might just wanna call back later, the secretary steps away from the desk sometimes.

Interesting. Yes this is a public forum and you should watch what you post, but the fact that they go to such lengths to ID their students is kind of unsettling to me.

LOL, they've known who I am for a long time. A lot of people there know me call me Sparda instead of my real name, lmao.

By the way, about the girl getting yelled at about not coming with a pen, it says in the interview offer to bring a pen, and who the hell doesn't carry a pen with them at all times?

I'm in same position. I replied to the email but didn't get a confirmation from anyone so I called Mary and left her a message. Does it sound ok because they said to reply by 9am march 17th.

I got return call from Mary couple of hours later and also sent e-mail again saying that I want confirmation e-mail. After couple of minutes later, I got reply back saying confirmed. I think you'll be okay but just in case you are worried, e-mail them again saying that you replied but did not get confirmation e-mail so you are sending it again just to make sure..