Touro College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so i have an interview at Touro on Nov. 10...pretty nervous since it's my first interview and the # 1 school I want to attend. I read all the past threads about the interview and what to expect BUT i'm still nervous. I looked at the weather too and it supposed to rain. I HATE the city when it rains plus i have to be out in it so i hope i still look decent by the time i get there. I hope there is a place to put our coats and umbrella because carrying them around would be annoying. I know this is the least of my worries but like i said i'm nervous and when i'm nervous i tend to think of dumb stuff like this LOL.

Anyway my real reason for posting was just to see who else on here has an interview on Nov. 10. Anyone? Also for Sparda any advice on getting rid of pre-interview jitters?

Mine is coming soon in about a week. 22nd. First interview also. It's gonna rain too :scared: Anything that I need to be aware of? Thanks~~~

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the interview! Well there is nothing to beware of everyone is really nice. I loved it there. Since it is your first interview like mine was i'm not going to tell you not to be nervous because you will be. Just stay positive you'll be fine.

Congrats on the interview! Well there is nothing to beware of everyone is really nice. I loved it there. Since it is your first interview like mine was i'm not going to tell you not to be nervous because you will be. Just stay positive you'll be fine.

Thanks tuffcookie788... :thumbup:

How many people were in your interview group?

Are you guys gonna prepare your own resume on the day of the interview? Just curious, coz I had workshop regarding an interview for professional schools.

(Just like you're going to a job interview!!!)

Thanks~~~

Are you guys gonna prepare your own resume on the day of the interview? Just curious, coz I had workshop regarding an interview for professional schools.

(Just like you're going to a job interview!!!)

Thanks~~~

no need. I'd read past posts on the interview. It is different from other interviews in a good way.

Hi everyone! I received an email from Touro exactly two weeks ago stating that my application was being reviewed. I have yet to receive a response. How long after your applications were submitted did you wait before hearing from them?

Hi everyone! I received an email from Touro exactly two weeks ago stating that my application was being reviewed. I have yet to receive a response. How long after your applications were submitted did you wait before hearing from them?

Just like the email mentioned that about 1-2 weeks. I received my updates in about 2 weeks. Good luck to you~~~

I had a great great experience at the interview today!!!

Thank God for the guidance, and thank you SDNers!!!

Hopefully a good news by the end of this month. :xf: Wish you guys all the BEST for those who interview here today!!! It was a great to meet you guys!!! You guys are GREAT!!!

I had a great great experience at the interview today!!!

Thank God for the guidance, and thank you SDNers!!!

Hopefully a good news by the end of this month. :xf: Wish you guys all the BEST for those who interview here today!!! It was a great to meet you guys!!! You guys are GREAT!!!

I'm glad it went great. I am counting down the days til the end of the month.:xf: You are lucky you got your interview at the end of the month becuz now you don't have too long to wait.

Hopefully we both have good news :xf:!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,
Those of you who had the 12 pm interview, how long is the whole process of interview and tour? what would be the earliest flight that you think one can get to go back home that day?!!

After all the waiting I finally got an interview invite today lol
It took like a month from when My pharmcas was updated.
but I'll be declining since I was accepted instate :)

Just letting others know interview invites from touro might take a longgggg time haha. Good luck u guys who just had interviews!!!

Hello everyone,
Those of you who had the 12 pm interview, how long is the whole process of interview and tour? what would be the earliest flight that you think one can get to go back home that day?!!

Where are you coming from? Hmmm. I would estimate an overnight flight. You will arrive LaGuardia Airport (LGA) early in the morning. Take M60 bus and straight to the school. It takes about 30-40 mins ride. Get off at 125th St and Lenox (Grab a coffee at Starbucks to wake you up!!!) Then, walk for about 2-3 mins to the school.

You should be done around 4pm. Take M60 again!!! I estimate this ride will be about 1-2 hours because people get off from work about this time. So, book your flight between 8 or 9pm.

Hopefully, you have an idea of the big picture. :)

After all the waiting I finally got an interview invite today lol
It took like a month from when My pharmcas was updated.
but I'll be declining since I was accepted instate :)

Just letting others know interview invites from touro might take a longgggg time haha. Good luck u guys who just had interviews!!!

Congrats~~~:thumbup:

Btw, I just recalled my memory that there are some questions regarding with health disparities. And how a pharmacist can reduce this. I didn't have this questions during my interview.

Can anyone explain this?:confused:

Btw, I just recalled my memory that there are some questions regarding with health disparities. And how a pharmacist can reduce this. I didn't have this questions during my interview.

Can anyone explain this?:confused:

Didn't have this question but there was questions about public health......

hopefully a good news come to you next week. I was placed on Reserved Pool and not sure if I will make it for class of 2016 but GOODLUCK!!!!

hopefully a good news come to you next week. I was placed on Reserved Pool and not sure if I will make it for class of 2016 but GOODLUCK!!!!

Thanks~~~ I was preparing for health disparities, and things like that. But, yeah, only public health came out. Idk if this is good or not. Hopefully, a good news to both of us. Then, the waiting game will come to the end~~~

Where are you coming from? Hmmm. I would estimate an overnight flight. You will arrive LaGuardia Airport (LGA) early in the morning. Take M60 bus and straight to the school. It takes about 30-40 mins ride. Get off at 125th St and Lenox (Grab a coffee at Starbucks to wake you up!!!) Then, walk for about 2-3 mins to the school.

You should be done around 4pm. Take M60 again!!! I estimate this ride will be about 1-2 hours because people get off from work about this time. So, book your flight between 8 or 9pm.

Hopefully, you have an idea of the big picture. :)

Thank you so much. I am coming from CA, but I am staying with a friend and I have to fly to NewArk. I probably have to either find a red eye back or fly early next AM. :)

When was your interview?? I thought they said they don't put people in reserve pool until December?

Thank you so much. I am coming from CA, but I am staying with a friend and I have to fly to NewArk. I probably have to either find a red eye back or fly early next AM. :)

Ok. I was coming from CA (Los Angeles) too. Okay, here's another reference you can take into consideration.

Overnight flight to JFK, then take JFK Airtrain to Sutphin Blvd (Jamaica Station). This route will cost you 5 bucks. Take E train from there to Lexington Av. Transfer to train 4, 5, or 6 to uptown. (4 and 5 are express, and 6 is local). I would suggest you to get a day pass (unlimited ride!!!). Get off at 125th St. Take M60 to the college.

The other way will be cab!!!

When was your interview?? I thought they said they don't put people in reserve pool until December?

I had mine in October - I think that was more like early decision applicants as they started interviews that week!!!!!

Anyone else have an interview in November???

This is my first time posting, but I have my interview on December 1st! Any last minute tips from anyone that was at the interview on 11/22? Thanks!

This is my first time posting, but I have my interview on December 1st! Any last minute tips from anyone that was at the interview on 11/22? Thanks!

Make sure you know why you want to become a pharmacist. Why you choose pharmacy as your future career. Some life experiences that make your grow. Also, how these life experiences shape/help/equip you to reach your goal as a pharmacist.

Congrats to a step closer to the school. And, good luck~~~ ;)

Ok. I was coming from CA (Los Angeles) too. Okay, here's another reference you can take into consideration.

Overnight flight to JFK, then take JFK Airtrain to Sutphin Blvd (Jamaica Station). This route will cost you 5 bucks. Take E train from there to Lexington Av. Transfer to train 4, 5, or 6 to uptown. (4 and 5 are express, and 6 is local). I would suggest you to get a day pass (unlimited ride!!!). Get off at 125th St. Take M60 to the college.

The other way will be cab!!!

THank you so much for your detail info :)

Hey RX2020. Wow you first round of interviews! I know ur probably upset about being put on the reserve list but its not as bad as you think. I don't know how many touro threads you have read but i've read A LOT. The fact that you were interviewed so early gives you an advantage. Though ur not in yet you have an extremely high chance of eventually being accepted because you got put on it so early. I know the group that I interviewed with most weren't nearly as interested in going to touro as I was. So lets say they get accepted but reject the offer then you'd get their offer.

Also, if you look at the 2015 thread you'll see that almost all who got put on the reserve list early eventually got excepted. Now i know not everyone is on SDN but those who use this as a resource have a good advantage.

Hey RX2020. Wow you first round of interviews! I know ur probably upset about being put on the reserve list but its not as bad as you think. I don't know how many touro threads you have read but i've read A LOT. The fact that you were interviewed so early gives you an advantage. Though ur not in yet you have an extremely high chance of eventually being accepted because you got put on it so early. I know the group that I interviewed with most weren't nearly as interested in going to touro as I was. So lets say they get accepted but reject the offer then you'd get their offer.

Also, if you look at the 2015 thread you'll see that almost all who got put on the reserve list early eventually got excepted. Now i know not everyone is on SDN but those who use this as a resource have a good advantage.
Hey
Thanks for the information. I sincerely appreciate it.
I am more hopeful now that I can get in.
Do you think this would be next year sometimes after March?
Again, thanks for your very productive comments!

Thank you so much! I am excited, but super nervous. I hope all goes well!

goodluck to those who have an interview coming up!!!!

Hey
Thanks for the information. I sincerely appreciate it.
I am more hopeful now that I can get in.
Do you think this would be next year sometimes after March?
Again, thanks for your very productive comments!

No problem. ;) Even though i thought my interview went well i could be in the same boat as you in a few days who knows.
Well from what i understood from Hilda was that if you get placed in the reserve pool they re-review ur application against those who were interviewed each month. So basically ur application will be reviewed against mine as well as all who interviewed in November. You could possibly could get at accepted at the end of this month all the way until April. IF you don't by then you'd be placed on a wait-list and if you don't get off of that THEN you get a rejection. So to answer you question you can get accepted anywhere from now until April. :xf:

Sorry if this question was already asked...but was the interview open or closed file? Also, was the interview one-on-one?

Good luck to those interviewing in Dec!

And those of you like myself hopping for acceptance emails goodluck as well hope we all have good news.

Sorry if this question was already asked...but was the interview open or closed file? Also, was the interview one-on-one?

I have not had my interview yet. But as far as I have heard it is closed file. There is a one-on-one section and there is also a panel. Not sure if it is interview or if it is a group activity.

This is a closed file interview. You will be divided into two groups.

For example:
Group A:
1) Will meet with professors. Then...
2) Group interview (small group project and then go to comp lab to type out all your responses individually).

Group B:
1) Group interview (small group project and then go to comp lab to type out all your responses individually). Then...
2) Will meet with professors.

Be relax!!! Just like meet up with new people/new friends.

Good luck to those who will attend upcoming interview. ;)

We only had 4 people for my interview so all of us went to meet with the faculty at the same time as well as same time for the interview. My interviewer was a recent graduate from Touro and a faculty member.
I felt that I was at a disadvantage because they were reading questions from a paper and repeated the same question here and there
I was placed on Reserved pool list so lets see what happens

Goodluck to those who are going for this month!!!!

Thanks

This is a closed file interview. You will be divided into two groups.

For example:
Group A:
1) Will meet with professors. Then...
2) Group interview (small group project and then go to comp lab to type out all your responses individually).

Group B:
1) Group interview (small group project and then go to comp lab to type out all your responses individually). Then...
2) Will meet with professors.

Be relax!!! Just like meet up with new people/new friends.

Good luck to those who will attend upcoming interview. ;)

I am having problems answering, "Tell me about yourself." I know this is usually their first question...I feel like if I talk too long I will lose them in the mix of it all. Does anyone care to share their experience with this sort of question?

I just recently read that article. However, it sounds very generic and sort of like reading off my application. How did you go about this question in your interview Marsocle?

I just recently read that article. However, it sounds very generic and sort of like reading off my application. How did you go about this question in your interview Marsocle?

Practice the questions that the interviewers normally ask. Like why pharmacy, what do you do to prepare yourself to pharmacy field, how do you handle stress, some life experiences and what did you learn from there... etc.

Everyone has a story to tell. What's yours? Prepare those for your life experiences part!!! People see your life experiences and will be able to tell how your maturity is.

The most important thing to keep in mind is, NEVER NEVER NEVER NERVOUS!!! Be yourself and genuine. Interview is a step people want to know about you!!! Go there and feel like you're meeting a new friends!!!

Good luck~~~ ;)

Hello I had an interview on Oct 27th and was accepted in Nov. Yes they lead you into a classroom so their is plenty of room for your umbrella and coat. I say just be yourself and try not to be nervous and you be fine. Everyone their was very friendly and welcoming. good luck :)

Hello

I know it's still kind of early. But I was wondering if any female in the class of 2016 is looking for a roommate. I got accepted earlier this month and I have decided to start looking for housing early. I already started searching for apartments in NY City and I would like to have a roommate. If anyone is interested just let me know! :)

Hello

I know it's still kind of early. But I was wondering if any female in the class of 2016 is looking for a roommate. I got accepted earlier this month and I have decided to start looking for housing early. I already started searching for apartments in NY City and I would like to have a roommate. If anyone is interested just let me know! :)

Hey,

I was interviewed on 27th as well but i was placed in reserve pool. Do you have any suggestions for me
Thanks

Hi,

I am not sure if I remember correct or not, but do you have to bring your resume on the interview day? In the email that they sent they did not mention anything, but for some reason I remember reading that somewhere!!

Hi,

I am not sure if I remember correct or not, but do you have to bring your resume on the interview day? In the email that they sent they did not mention anything, but for some reason I remember reading that somewhere!!

marscole actually asked that in the beginning if the thread....

but to answer ur question No resume needed. All u need is I.D and a pen