Touro College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey I think you still have a great chance of getting in. Like Hilda said the reserve pool gets reviewed every month so don't worry. You got interviewed early which increases your chances a lot. Just be positive and I wish you the best of luck :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I was interviewed on 27th as well but i was placed in reserve pool. Do you have any suggestions for me
Thanks

Hey I think you still have a great chance of getting in. Like Hilda said the reserve pool gets reviewed every month so don't worry. You got interviewed early which increases your chances a lot. Just be positive and I wish you the best of luck :)

Thanks - I am hopping to hear from them as soon as possible
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know whether today is the day that we are expecting from hear back from the school?

This is a closed file interview. You will be divided into two groups.

For example:
Group A:
1) Will meet with professors. Then...
2) Group interview (small group project and then go to comp lab to type out all your responses individually).

Group B:
1) Group interview (small group project and then go to comp lab to type out all your responses individually). Then...
2) Will meet with professors.

Be relax!!! Just like meet up with new people/new friends.

Good luck to those who will attend upcoming interview. ;)

Hi, what does it mean by small group project??

Hi, what does it mean by small group project??

You will be given a scenario. There will be questions at the end of the scenario. So, you guys will discuss the scenario and the questions. Later on, you will move to comp lab to type out your own responses.

The purposes of this are the professors will evaluate you based on how you work out with group settings or team works. This is very important no just in academic, but also in the real world!!!

Good luck~~~;)

Do you guys know whether today is the day that we are expecting from hear back from the school?

Send Hilda an Email. I did and she got back to me right away

Thanks

Hey RX2020. Wow you first round of interviews! I know ur probably upset about being put on the reserve list but its not as bad as you think. I don't know how many touro threads you have read but i've read A LOT. The fact that you were interviewed so early gives you an advantage. Though ur not in yet you have an extremely high chance of eventually being accepted because you got put on it so early. I know the group that I interviewed with most weren't nearly as interested in going to touro as I was. So lets say they get accepted but reject the offer then you'd get their offer.

Also, if you look at the 2015 thread you'll see that almost all who got put on the reserve list early eventually got excepted. Now i know not everyone is on SDN but those who use this as a resource have a good advantage.

Your post make me feel much better!!!thank u!!!R u sure almost all people get accept from the early reverse pool?

Your post make me feel much better!!!thank u!!!R u sure almost all people get accept from the early reverse pool?

Do we get any updates from Admission in regards to our app status?
Such as still on reserved pool or accepted?

Thank God!!! Accepted the offer~~~ I'm going to NYC and experiencing the adventurous life for the next 4 years~~~ :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we get any updates from Admission in regards to our app status?
Such as still on reserved pool or accepted?

Seems like we wont know until the class size is full which is next year:confused:

Have you applied to other schools?

I haven't taken the PCAT and most schools require september scores. So No I did not. If i dont get in, I will shoot for next cycle!!!!

I haven't taken the PCAT and most schools require september scores. So No I did not. If i dont get in, I will shoot for next cycle!!!!

I see. I haven't had my PCAT too and I scheduled for this upcoming January. So, I will cancel the appointment and get my refund.

RX2020, never ever lose HOPE~~~

I see. I haven't had my PCAT too and I scheduled for this upcoming January. So, I will cancel the appointment and get my refund.

RX2020, never ever lose HOPE~~~

Thank you!!!

If I hear anything, I will post it!!

i'm glad i could make you feel better. I just got my email and I'm in the reserve pool as well. I'm upset becuz it would be great to know i got accepted somewhere but i stand by my word its still early. If you look bake at the post from 2015 they did eventually get accepted BUT not everyone is on SDN.

Seems like we wont know until the class size is full which is next year:confused:

no Hilda said that they consider at the end of each month so next time we will hear is if we get an offer. They do not wait until the class is full to take you off the reserve pool.

2015 someone interviewed nov 2 got into reserve pool nov 30 and got accepted dec 30.

You will be given a scenario. There will be questions at the end of the scenario. So, you guys will discuss the scenario and the questions. Later on, you will move to comp lab to type out your own responses.

The purposes of this are the professors will evaluate you based on how you work out with group settings or team works. This is very important no just in academic, but also in the real world!!!

Good luck~~~;)

is this the same as onsite essays? So the onsite essays is based on group discussion?

so does the interview consist of interview questions, then scenario, and then finally typing out a response in 45 minutes?

Thanks!

is reserve pool another way of rejecting?

NO:eek: if we were rejected or wait listed they will not consider our application against others each month (you only get off wait-list if someone gives up their seat). reserve pool we are still competing for seats for 2016.

NO:eek: if we were rejected or wait listed they will not consider our application against others each month (you only get off wait-list if someone gives up their seat). reserve pool we are still competing for seats for 2016.
are u sure it is not silent rejection??haha~~~how much chance can we get in???

is this the same as onsite essays? So the onsite essays is based on group discussion?

so does the interview consist of interview questions, then scenario, and then finally typing out a response in 45 minutes?

Thanks!

I wouldn't call this essay because you don't need an intro, 3-4 talking points, and conclusions. All you need to do is type out your responses of your discussions of your scenario. I think it's hard for them to review if you're handwritten. I don't have good handwriting!!! :p

Good luck on your interview~~~ Anything you want to know before interview, please let us know and we will try to get to you asap~~~

Don't forget to enjoy and explore NYC after interview~~~;)

are u sure it is not silent rejection??haha~~~how much chance can we get in???

lol i'm sure. Like i said ppl got off and were accepted later. I don't know what our chances are but if you think about it its early in the application process. There are people who are going to get accepted who will reject the offer if they get accepted at their top choice school. I'd say changes are good :xf:because we still have 5 months to get pulled off the list. Now if it was February i'd be really worried.:scared:

Interviewed on 11/10, got put into the reserve pool. Anyone else that interview from that day hear back?

Got an admission update and I was placed in reserve pool again this month:(

Did you ask why you are placed in the reserve pool?

Well in the email they sent it explains its not a rejection and that they can only make a certain amount of offers every month. Which makes sense they can't fill all the seats in the first and second months of interviews. They need to see what other applicants they will be getting as the months pass.

I know that those who interviewed us were writing down points after we answered each question. That months seats probably goes to those who scored the highest. This is just a theory tho.

Got an admission update and I was placed in reserve pool again this month:(

Stay positive, I am. It was probably too early to stake people out of the reserve pool. Maybe they who take anyone off til dec.

hey guys! For those who had interviews during November, what questions did they ask you? Were they hard questions? T____T

Stay positive, I am. It was probably too early to stake people out of the reserve pool. Maybe they who take anyone off til dec.

I am as I was asked to supply my spring schedule.
I hope I get in if not, I will apply for class of 2017

Thanks

I am as I was asked to supply my spring schedule.
I hope I get in if not, I will apply for class of 2017

Thanks

I hope to see you in c/o 2016. Good luck and stay positive always~~~ :thumbup:

hey guys! For those who had interviews during November, what questions did they ask you? Were they hard questions? T____T

Go to look for 2015 Touro College of Pharmacy - NY thread. You will get tons of questions. Hard questions, Hmmm... I would say "NO" because lots of questions are life experiences and what you had learned from these life experiences. Always stay positive on top of your answers.

For example: Nobody is perfect!!! Also, everyone has failure because of wrong decisions. But, how you worked it out to make it right since you know what is wrong!!! From this, the interviewers evaluate you by maturity!!!

Good luck~~~ ;)

Go to look for 2015 Touro College of Pharmacy - NY thread. You will get tons of questions. Hard questions, Hmmm... I would say "NO" because lots of questions are life experiences and what you had learned from these life experiences. Always stay positive on top of your answers.

For example: Nobody is perfect!!! Also, everyone has failure because of wrong decisions. But, how you worked it out to make it right since you know what is wrong!!! From this, the interviewers evaluate you by maturity!!!

Good luck~~~ ;)

Hi, is touro from NY same as CA? Because the Massachusetts only allow 1 campus application. Can we apply to both pharmacy program in the same year?? thanks!

Hi, is touro from NY same as CA? Because the Massachusetts only allow 1 campus application. Can we apply to both pharmacy program in the same year?? thanks!

Yes, both are the same, but will manage differently due to the two different locations. You meant Boston in MA? I'm not quite sure about this. What do you mean by "apply to both pharmacy program in the same year?"?

So I just read some stuff from touro NYC. I heard something about group interview/group exercise.
Is the exercise the only group thing? or the interview questions a group thing too in California?
In NYC, it seems like exercise is the only group thing, and then it is 2 faculty to 1 student in the interview questions.

Thanks

Yes, both are the same, but will manage differently due to the two different locations. You meant Boston in MA? I'm not quite sure about this. What do you mean by "apply to both pharmacy program in the same year?"?

like if you apply to boston in MA, then u cannot apply to worchester from massacheutts.
Like applying to Touro in CA and NYC in the same year.

Thanks

So I just read some stuff from touro NYC. I heard something about group interview/group exercise.
Is the exercise the only group thing? or the interview questions a group thing too in California?
In NYC, it seems like exercise is the only group thing, and then it is 2 faculty to 1 student in the interview questions.

Thanks

The interview has group thing. The professor will evaluate you on how you work in group settings. In reality, team work is very important. So, the school will train you in group setting!!! (A favorable choice!!!) I know Western Uni of Healthcare at So. Cal. employs group setting method in teaching too.

In Toura CA, I don't know much about it. You can look for the specific thread that discuss about the interviews.

In Touro NYC interview, you will put into a group consists of 3-4 students. You guys will discuss the questions asked on the scenario. Later each of you will type out your responses. For the interviews, you will meet two professors of different subjects (one could be medicinal chemistry, and one could be clinical settings, or any combinations) in the room.

I chose NYC over any other places because I will meet lots of people there and it will be a great opportunity for me to learn and to improve. ;)

(Hopefully, I've answered your questions!!!)

like if you apply to boston in MA, then u cannot apply to worchester from massacheutts.
Like applying to Touro in CA and NYC in the same year.

Thanks

I didn't know if there's any policy like this, but I did apply both Touro CA and NYC. Double check with the schools first and don't waste your money on applications. Apply to the schools that fit you the most. Also, your GPA, scores, curriculum, and others that exceed the minimum requirements of the schools. Of course, you like the study environment!!! And finally, you enjoy and happy with it.

Good luck~~~ ;)

I didn't know if there's any policy like this, but I did apply both Touro CA and NYC. Double check with the schools first and don't waste your money on applications. Apply to the schools that fit you the most. Also, your GPA, scores, curriculum, and others that exceed the minimum requirements of the schools. Of course, you like the study environment!!! And finally, you enjoy and happy with it.

Good luck~~~ ;)

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Hey guys.
I created a facebook page for a class of 2016. Just search for "Touro college of pharmacy class of 2016" . This is the best tool to get to know your classmates and find roommates. It was the best tool for me when I got in as well.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/312461042112614/#Congrats to all of those who got in , and I am wishing the one waiting for interview the best of luck.

Hope to see you guys all next year. ;)