Touro College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my invite this morning for next Thursday, but I have only two days to respond

Members don't see this ad.

Can I ask you how long you waited and when was it that you submitted your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
@yunapharm2000

Thanks! I submitted my PharmCAS application 10/2 and my supplemental 2/24.

I am not sure if this is the last interview invite. When I spoke with Ms. Nuamah about a week or two ago, she informed me that invitations were sent based on how many people accepted or declined interviews. So if I decline this invite or if I don't respond in two days, then this invitation may be extended towards another candidate.

@ adanna06

ahh. Thank you for the information. So you waited for a while too. So it's a good idea to contact the admissions person? goodluck if you do accept it though. :)

@ adanna06

ahh. Thank you for the information. So you waited for a while too. So it's a good idea to contact the admissions person? goodluck if you do accept it though. :)

I think you will still hear back. How were you stats if you don't mind!

@ RX2020

Hi. You mean hear back for candidates that don't get an acceptance? At this point in time I think they are pretty much finished with their interview invites.....

@ RX2020

Hi. You mean hear back for candidates that don't get an acceptance? At this point in time I think they are pretty much finished with their interview invites.....

maybe they are but they still should let you know in either case!!!!

No , I haven't heard anything! I don't understand it. Either deny it or offer an interview! How long does it take? I got accepted to University of Massachusetts in Worcester.their program is accelerated ..its 3 years. I submitted my supplementary applications and got interview not even a week later. Even After the interview , i got my acceptance package in 4 days! I know now they were fast, but NY? come on!
I have to send out deposit to Worcester if I want to attend...so scared of the stories i have heard from their program I don't feel Okay to make the decision just yet...anyone knows any reason i should just go for it? lol . and I still don't know the results of other interviews that I have had, much less about Touro NY that hasn't even made a decision to invite me or not yet! SAD! Now I am invited to go to Touro CA!

I think I'm done as far as Touro is concerned. If I don't have a chance why keep my application waiting, just send in the rejection already! It's brutal. And I didn't want to call, either. Probably pride got in the way.

I got an interview for Shenandoah Uni. and am still waiting from a school where I had my interview back on the 13th...of MARCH. Haha. I'm telling ya, blood runs drier this time of the year...

As far as Worcester is concerned, congrats on the acceptance! Since it's a 3 yr course, it's obvious it will be fast paced. I have to honest, there is no room to sit back. You really need to you know your pre-requisites like the back of your hand because you won't have time to go over the "old" stuff to understand the "new" stuff if that makes sense.

Only you know if you're ready for it. The only good thing I see is that you're done in 3 years vs. 4. Personally, I wouldn't take risks. I rather be safe knowing I'm going to graduate pharmacy school then get kicked out after P1 b/c I couldn't catch up. That's one "horror" story I've heard.

It only gets harder and harder every year to get into pharmacy school. Kids these days are smarter than ever, raising the competition really high. So, yeah. I rather be safe.

Hope you made a decision you won't regret. I guess that goes for us all!!! Good Luck!!

@ brownricecraker and @ Datt

Seriously I don't understand it either. If they are done they shouldn't keep everyone waiting like this and just send out the admissions decisions (rejection). I guess they are just really slow to process everything.

@ Datt- Congrats on the acceptance. If I were you I just go for it. They already accepted you based on upon many factors and they know you could probably handle their program.

Hi, guys....anyone knows?....what are the chances for applicants who are in low alternate list?....i guess none right?

I was wondering for people that are on reserved.. Do we have to fill out financial forms for the school? I know there is a deadline of april 30 for fafsa, but I don't know if there is a deadline for the financial forms for the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I might be moving out of my apt in the UWS. I live with 3 other touro pharm students.
Looking for a female to replace my spot. if interested message me :)

@ brownricecraker and @ Datt

Seriously I don't understand it either. If they are done they shouldn't keep everyone waiting like this and just send out the admissions decisions (rejection). I guess they are just really slow to process everything.

@ Datt- Congrats on the acceptance. If I were you I just go for it. They already accepted you based on upon many factors and they know you could probably handle their program.

Thanks!you are right ..my background was strong enough to back me up for acceptance at MCPHS and i am not taking any chances... I sent my deposit for MCPHS....No news from Touro NY still!!!! This makes me want to shake someone there!! What is wrong with them? did u receive anything? I will call them tomorrow! I am fed up ! I can't even get in on PharmCas to see if they put "reject" on any update....they can't offer an interview, they are not talking either...this school is so slow! EVEN IF THEY REPLY ME KNOW I WOULD LIKE TO SAY.....!!!!

Thank you for your input...I actually did sent my deposit today to MCPHS..As you even said every year its getting harder to get in...I can't take my chances..as far as pre-reqs, I do know them since last one year i have been taking upper science courses that mostly weren't even required...I know its 3 years and have to work harder than ever..again this is graduate school, we have to dedicate ourselves for 3 years of extreme hard work...I don't want to think about the horror stories anymore..if there are students who get graduate from there every year (which we know there are plenty) then we know its doable..if they can do it, i can!! This is how i will look at it.....
you too!! Good luck!!

I think I'm done as far as Touro is concerned. If I don't have a chance why keep my application waiting, just send in the rejection already! It's brutal. And I didn't want to call, either. Probably pride got in the way.

I got an interview for Shenandoah Uni. and am still waiting from a school where I had my interview back on the 13th...of MARCH. Haha. I'm telling ya, blood runs drier this time of the year...

As far as Worcester is concerned, congrats on the acceptance! Since it's a 3 yr course, it's obvious it will be fast paced. I have to honest, there is no room to sit back. You really need to you know your pre-requisites like the back of your hand because you won't have time to go over the "old" stuff to understand the "new" stuff if that makes sense.

Only you know if you're ready for it. The only good thing I see is that you're done in 3 years vs. 4. Personally, I wouldn't take risks. I rather be safe knowing I'm going to graduate pharmacy school then get kicked out after P1 b/c I couldn't catch up. That's one "horror" story I've heard.

It only gets harder and harder every year to get into pharmacy school. Kids these days are smarter than ever, raising the competition really high. So, yeah. I rather be safe.

Hope you made a decision you won't regret. I guess that goes for us all!!! Good Luck!!

Hi, I have an interview for the same day. This website is super helpful and thank you for all who posted.

I actually gave up since I didn't hear anything and I got an email on the 20th saying that I have an interview on the 27th. Talk about last minute to book flights, hotels, and figure out transportation.

I do not feel prepared... nervous.

Has anyone contacted admissions about their status for the school? If so, what did they say?My friend has been waiting for any word of rejection or acceptance too ://

Confirming the receipt of the welcome packet!!!

Also, the acceptance letter via FC mail

Last edited:
I also got an email to schedule an interview. But if I may ask, which tuoro are you talking about, NY or California? I live in california:thumbup:
Just got my invite this morning for next Thursday, but I have only two days to respond

anyone who interviewed this week can you share when they said they will be emailing decisions? As well as if they said anything about if there are only a few spots left? Thanks!

anyone who interviewed this week can you share when they said they will be emailing decisions? As well as if they said anything about if there are only a few spots left? Thanks!

They said we will hear back by the 4th and they did not mention how many seats are available.

They said we will hear back by the 4th and they did not mention how many seats are available.

Did they mention if they are setting up more interviews for next month or not? Or was this the last interview?

I believe the decisions would come out today for all who were interview in April and those who are on reserved status
Goodluck and keep us posted!!

I think they are done with interviews. I got placed on the waitlist.

Got accepted!!! :love:

Anyone already have a place to live and need a roommate?

Got accepted!!! :love:

Anyone already have a place to live and need a roommate?

Congrats Yinster!!!! All hard work paid off. :laugh::love::love::thumbup: For living situations check out the class of 16 Facebook, pretty sure there are people looking for roommates.

Last edited:
Did you get in?

Thanks for thinking of me but i got put on the wait list...i'm frustrated n getting tired of waiting. :( last year no one on SDN heard about getting off the wait list til july!

Thanks for thinking of me but i got put on the wait list...i'm frustrated n getting tired of waiting. :( last year no one on SDN heard about getting off the wait list til july!

How long have you been on reserve? Did anyone get taken off the reserve pool this year? Anyway, good luck. There's still hope

Hang in there! I know at least one person who said she got accepted here but won't be attending. :xf:

How long have you been on reserve? Did anyone get taken off the reserve pool this year? Anyway, good luck. There's still hope

Since November!:eek: RX2020 was on reserve from October but i think got accepted in January. Thanks I know there is still hope i am just tired of waiting its stressful.

Hang in there! I know at least one person who said she got accepted here but won't be attending. :xf:
Thanks, she should let hilda know ASAP. Congrats on ur acceptance btw! U r lucky you only had to wait 5 days:thumbup:

Since November!:eek: RX2020 was on reserve from October but i think got accepted in January. Thanks I know there is still hope i am just tired of waiting its stressful.

Thanks, she should let hilda know ASAP. Congrats on ur acceptance btw! U r lucky you only had to wait 5 days:thumbup:

yup - I was accepted in January was on reserved in October

Goodluck and you will be fine:)

i have a room for rent in the upper west side available in july. message me if you are interested for more info.

i hope we get in! do you know how many people are on the wait list?

Hello Class of 2016~:)
I have a room for rent in a nice apt & area within walking distance to school! You will be living with 3 upcoming p4's from Touro! Message me if your interested! :)

Well first off...congrats class of 2016. Im a p1 and going back to cali during the break so if any of you want to check out new york before school starts.

I am renting out my room in a 3 bedroom apt from may 26 to june 30. You can rent out for the day, week, whole duration.

Message me for details

Thanks!

i am also in! so im looking for a roommate to move in with, I'm male. is there a facebook page set up yet?

I have a room for rent in a 4 room apt. in the UPPER WEST SIDE. Message me if you're interested. :)

I have a room for rent in a 4 room apt. in the UPPER WEST SIDE. Message me if you're interested. :)
Yes!!!! im very interested!!!!! are you on facebook for class 2016? Let me know so we can discuss about this...:thumbup: