Touro Nevada MHS: 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alright just admitted today, woot! Is there any place to read feedback about the program from past students on here? From the Dean I heard that virtually every student who's achieved a 3.45 GPA and 500+ in the program has been admitted to their medical school.

Edit: spelling

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Alright just admitted today, woot! Is there any place to read feedback about the program from past students on here? From the Dean I had that virtually every student who's achieved a 3.45 GPA and 500+ in the program has been admitted to their medical school.

Oh really? When did he say that? I emailed him and he said that was for "the best chance of admittance". When I asked in the FB group, a student from last year said only a bit over half of the interviewed students got accepted.

It changes every year if you look at some of the threads from prior years but nobody seems to know the actual acceptance rate after the interview.

Oh really? When did he say that? I emailed him and he said that was for "the best chance of admittance". When I asked in the FB group, a student from last year said only a bit over half of the interviewed students got accepted.

It changes every year if you look at some of the threads from prior years but nobody seems to know the actual acceptance rate after the interview.

I had a zoom call with him and I asked how can MHS students best ensure they get into the medical school

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone

If you have a 497 Mcat when do recommend retaking the Mcat for this program I heard the minimum is a 500?

do you guys think students can retake it in January ? Also, how many of those who interview for the DO program actually matriculate?

Hey everyone first time posting. I was wondering if someone can help me. I applied to Touro’s Masters program because I was told they do grade replacement. I spoke to several of their staff members and confirmed this to me as well. But after waiting for several months and still no response, I reached out and found out my application wasn’t submitted at all. Here are my stats: with grade replacement my sgpa is 3.0, cgpa is 3.1. But without grade replacement my sgpa is 2.7 and my cgpa is 2.88. Is there any chance that I can still get in? I was told that my application will be submitted with both gpa’s so committee can see the difference. Any feedback is truly appreciated. Thank you.

The application is close this year I believe. It's said on the website, and there're Touro in different locations so make sure you search on Touro Nevada website. You should either contact the school to see if they can make any exception, or you can reapply next year.

I spoke to Elsa and said there was a final review committee this upcoming Friday. But I’m just wondering if with my stats I even have a chance. If not, I will try doing a DIY postbacc.

Alright just admitted today, woot! Is there any place to read feedback about the program from past students on here? From the Dean I heard that virtually every student who's achieved a 3.45 GPA and 500+ in the program has been admitted to their medical school.

Edit: spelling
So with a 3.45 and a 500 you are guaranteed a spot in the medical school?