Touro-NV MHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys :] I got accepted a month or so ago so I may be joining you guys this July! Does anyone know what the class size is for our cohort?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys :] I got accepted a month or so ago so I may be joining you guys this July! Does anyone know what the class size is for our cohort?

Congrats!! I am still waiting to hear back. From past threads, the average cohort size has been 30 or less.

It should not take long. You should hear something back by this Friday. Good luck. See in orientation.

I just heard back today and I got wait listed :/. I really do hope I get off the wait list...fingers crossed. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many people they take from the waitlist?

Have you tried emailing Charles?

I ended up actually calling him....when I spoke to him at the end of april, and asked him if I can know my place on the waitlist or if I should send any additional materials to help me get off the waitlist, he told me that there was no need to send anything else and that he couldn't tell me anything about getting off the waitlist because he wasn't the one who made that decision....the admissions committee does and after if they take someone off the waitlist, they let him know and then he lets the student know.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone comment on how many people from the class is filled from the waitlist?

Also, turns out I didn't find out about my acceptance and my acceptance email sat in my email junk mail. Anyone been in the same predicament?

Also, turns out I didn't find out about my acceptance and my acceptance email sat in my email junk mail. Anyone been in the same predicament?

that's happened to me for a few other programs, but touro i received a letter in the mail saying i was on the wait list.

Members don't see this ad :)
that's happened to me for a few other programs, but touro i received a letter in the mail saying i was on the wait list.

I am hoping that an exception can be made about not receiving the email or the physical copy of the letter. I am devastated. I would have accepted had I know.

Accepted! Can anyone from class of 2013 comment on orientation and how long it lasts?

Anyone applied yet? For those who applied this early last cycle, can you comment on how long it took from the time that you received the confirmation email to the time that you heard a decision? And for those that linked, sorry if this has been asked before, but do you still have to apply through AACOMAS in order to receive the guaranteed acceptance? Do you also have to interview? Thanks!

yes I have been accepted for next Fall 2015! it took about a month, no interview!

Reactions: 2 users
I just put my deposit down last Thursday, although I'm still trying to get a direct acceptance this cycle. There is a linkage agreement (25 on the MCAT and at least 50 percentile in your DO classes).

Anyone applied yet? For those who applied this early last cycle, can you comment on how long it took from the time that you received the confirmation email to the time that you heard a decision? And for those that linked, sorry if this has been asked before, but do you still have to apply through AACOMAS in order to receive the guaranteed acceptance? Do you also have to interview? Thanks!

Yes, In order to receive guaranteed acceptance you still need to apply through AACOMAS and submit both your primary and secondary.

Reactions: 1 users
congrats k12123 and loverofsweets4!..I just got accepted as well today! most likely will be accepting!! =)

Hi all recently got accepted as well. Can somebody from this past 2014 Cohort update us on the stats of the students that were accepted into the DO program? Our last correspondence regarding those stats were from Fallon on May 2013. I'd appreciate any info on whether the program has been complying with their direct linkage agreement with the DO program. Many thanks :)

Quick question, anyone accepted to the Fall 2015 program know how long it takes to get the second email after the one that simply tells you that you were accepted? (I'm currently waiting for information regarding how to give the deposit, orientation and the like, the first email says they will send it "soon")

Give it a few days, mine was sent on a Friday.

Quick question, anyone accepted to the Fall 2015 program know how long it takes to get the second email after the one that simply tells you that you were accepted? (I'm currently waiting for information regarding how to give the deposit, orientation and the like, the first email says they will send it "soon")

Ok I'll let you know when I receive it. So far nothing.

Yeah finally got mine as well. Can't wait to meet everyone in 6 months! :)

Would any of those accepted mind sharing stats?

cgpa 3.64, sgpa 3.60, mcat 25 (8/7/10)

Just spoke to Tava and now I'm a bit confused. She said that you are only guaranteed an interview if you meet the minimum requirements. But then Charles said that it's a guaranteed admission. Idk who to believe anymore! Can any current MHS student chime in?

Does anyone know what the minimum requirement is for the new 2015 MCAT score?

Hey LN, when I emailed Charles he said 25 to me. This was an email from 3 weeks ago after I clarified the MCAT requirement after turning in my deposit.

Hey LN, when I emailed Charles he said 25 to me. This was an email from 3 weeks ago after I clarified the MCAT requirement after turning in my deposit.
The problem is that the new MCAT is a different scoring system.

Maybe they won't have a minimum for those who took the new MCAT? There really isn't any data on it for schools to be setting a minimum.

The problem is that the new MCAT is a different scoring system.

Exactly. Hm...that's interesting. I'll call them this week to verify. If I find anything out I'll let you all know.

Just spoke to Tava and now I'm a bit confused. She said that you are only guaranteed an interview if you meet the minimum requirements. But then Charles said that it's a guaranteed admission. Idk who to believe anymore! Can any current MHS student chime in?

Not sure if they're changing anything for your class. But for our class, it's a guaranteed admission if you meet the grade (top 50% among the DO class) and MCAT of 25 (and whatever else is listed on the webpage regarding the biomedclasses etc). You are guaranteed an interview if you don't quite make the grades but have an MCAT of at least 25. The MCAT is a big deal to the DO admissions. No one with a score below 25 gets in or even an interview. (I don't mean to scare anyone but this is what I've been told by professors)

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Congrats to all of you who have been accepted!

Tava said on my interview day that the MHS does get you the guarantee as long as you meet the 50th percentile, so that cleared up the confusion there. :)

Not sure if they're changing anything for your class. But for our class, it's a guaranteed admission if you meet the grade (top 50% among the DO class) and MCAT of 25 (and whatever else is listed on the webpage regarding the biomedclasses etc). You are guaranteed an interview if you don't quite make the grades but have an MCAT of at least 25. The MCAT is a big deal to the DO admissions. No one with a score below 25 gets in or even an interview. (I don't mean to scare anyone but this is what I've been told by professors)

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I applied to the program on 1/20 - I also got an email from Charles that day saying everything was in and my app was under review. How long did it take you guys to hear anything back? I know it says four weeks but I was just curious. Thank you! :)

Hi, about 2 weeks. Good luck!

Has anyone who has already been accepted received anything besides for the Deposit confirmation? I have not received anything in the mail or anything more about orientation besides for the date. I just want to make sure I'm not the only one.

I applied in September, got my acceptance email+letter 3 weeks later :)
I read that we would be getting an email with more information in the spring, hopefully it'll be soon!
Can't wait to meet everyone!

Has anyone started looking at apartments yet or roommates? Not even sure how many have been accepted thus far but I hope we can organize something as a group soon :)