You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Touro-NV MHS
Started by Supreme88
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If you guys want to private message me your facebook I can start a group for our class.
Hey LN maybe make the fb group and place the direct link on this thread so everyone can access it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can't wait to meet everyone at orientation! Its coming up soon!!
Does anyone know if it is too late to apply for Fall 2015 now? the deadline for tuoro at vallejo is May 18th. I recently just found out about this program and it looks like a lot of people have gotten acceptance into the program.
I called Charles Buckner a few times and here it what I have gathered:
Class of 2016 stats: 30 students -> 9 received guaranteed acceptance by February (as stated on website), 5 did not have MCAT in time and were given interviews instead (3 accepted, 2 waitlisted), 11 students accepted into PA program, 4 students became victims of attrition, not sure what happened to other "1"
- Major benefit of program is linkage (Must rank in top 50% in classes taken with DO students, all grades are on 0-100 scale, no letter grading)
- Program has improved over the years in terms of the receptiveness of faculty, they are supportive
- 30 student cohort this year, again
He wanted me to understand that the program will naturally have its holes and that there is no guarantee of going to medical school by earning the degree.
Seems like a good opportunity for someone who is willing to invest in a risky but rewarding way of gaining a DO acceptance as it seems like an honest introduction to medical school
Class of 2016 stats: 30 students -> 9 received guaranteed acceptance by February (as stated on website), 5 did not have MCAT in time and were given interviews instead (3 accepted, 2 waitlisted), 11 students accepted into PA program, 4 students became victims of attrition, not sure what happened to other "1"
- Major benefit of program is linkage (Must rank in top 50% in classes taken with DO students, all grades are on 0-100 scale, no letter grading)
- Program has improved over the years in terms of the receptiveness of faculty, they are supportive
- 30 student cohort this year, again
He wanted me to understand that the program will naturally have its holes and that there is no guarantee of going to medical school by earning the degree.
Seems like a good opportunity for someone who is willing to invest in a risky but rewarding way of gaining a DO acceptance as it seems like an honest introduction to medical school
Charles is such a cool dude. His voicemail made my day.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Hello, How are the classes graded like? Is their a curve, where the master's students compete against each other? I know at the Touro NY Master's, they have a curve where the master students compete against each other. How is it like here? I am not sure if I should attend, thank you so much
Can a former or current MHS student give me a breakdown of how much money they borrowed via loans? The school website estimates 70K but I feel like that is way too much. I'm coming up with an estimate around 50K (tuition, room/board, utilities, groceries, etc.).
Also how much do you actually pay for utilities and internet?
Thanks.
Also how much do you actually pay for utilities and internet?
Thanks.
Does anybody know if they've filled the cohort yet?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I got rejected a few a weeks ago, and I believe when I called Charles said that the seats were almost filled. I don't know if they wait list people or not.Does anybody know if they've filled the cohort yet?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
As for some advice I can give you (and it probably sounds like I'm salty about not getting in), you should really look into whether the program can provide what you want. Like an MHS doesn't really do much for you career wise and you should ensure the linkage is tangible (if that's the reason your doing this.
I can confirm second-hand that someone was offered a seat just yesterday
EDIT: Got my email saying the cohort was full today, good luck to those of you that made it!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any current or past MHS student from NV shed more information about this program? Class of 2018 will have 60 seats.
How many will get into DO?
MCAT/GPA of those who got into DO after MHS?
How's the living, close to school or further, is it safe area?
What's the cost including everything?
Need car or not?
How many will get into DO?
MCAT/GPA of those who got into DO after MHS?
How's the living, close to school or further, is it safe area?
What's the cost including everything?
Need car or not?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K