Touro NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got accepted this morning! New York is my dream place to live! :happy:
Hey when was your interview if you don't mind me asking?
And congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey when was your interview if you don't mind me asking?
And congrats!

Mine was back in October. I was placed in the reserve pool until today. ;) So don't give up your hopes for the people who are/will be in reserve pool!

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email a few weeks back saying I was put in their reserve pool/waitlist. And I thought I did well on the interview too...(i interviewed back in early october fyi)

I am in the same situation. Went for an interview in Dec and got that news yesterday. A bit disappointed but could you let me know if you ever heard back from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was back in October. I was placed in the reserve pool until today. ;) So don't give up your hopes for the people who are/will be in reserve pool!

I was placed in reserve pool yesterday.. Did you do anything different when they did??And congratulations to you!

I was placed in reserve pool yesterday.. Did you do anything different when they did??And congratulations to you!

Thanks! No, I did not do anything when they put me in the reserve pool because I did not have anything to bother them with. But if I had questions or dissents, I would. Lol.

hey guys, i just got an acceptance email yesterday and i was placed on hold since my interview back in october..so for those of you on hold dont lose hope! i heard this school pulls a good amount of students from the hold list. good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
hey guys, i just got an acceptance email yesterday and i was placed on hold since my interview back in october..so for those of you on hold dont lose hope! i heard this school pulls a good amount of students from the hold list. good luck!
Congrats!!! Nice advice for others to look up to.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I interviewed last year for the Class of 2017 and was accepted, but went elsewhere.

They asked simple questions.

1. Why Pharmacy?
2. Where do you see the practice of pharmacy in the next 5 years?
3. Share an experience where you have had a conflict with a colleague and how you approached it.

Be your self do not act all sophisticated or nothing like that. A tip is trying to find something that you might have in common with the interviewer.

Feel free to ask any questions.
thanks dear to share those

The interview was great but i didnt feel i wrote enough for the writing section.. How did everyone else feel they did?

well, my writing portion was good............but got nervous during interview

The interview was great but i didnt feel i wrote enough for the writing section.. How did everyone else feel they did?
When i had an interview back in October, I thought I didn't do good on the writing as well. However, I did better than most of the candidate since they claimed their short answers were short. So don't stress out about the writing section. If you wrote enough information, that should do it.

I got like a paragraph in on my writing. I was super vocal about my
Points but i wish i had more time to write! :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I got like a paragraph in on my writing. I was super vocal about my
Points but i wish i had more time to write! :/
As long as you wrote all of your thoughts within one paragraph, it should be good :)

I am in the same situation. Went for an interview in Dec and got that news yesterday. A bit disappointed but could you let me know if you ever heard back from them?
I actually got an acceptance email from them early last week. I was on the waitlist since early October and the only thing i did differently was email them my fall semester grade report. I think they originally put me on hold because i was taking biochem for fall and they prob wanted to see if i would pass the class. as soon as i completed and passed it i emailed them my grade update. It seems like they put a lot of people on the waitlist but don't lose hope! i heard they pull a lot of people off from the waitlist too..so just gotta wish for the best. good luck!

please who had an interview so far please share your experience,questions,essay topics,,,,please, I'm so nervous, My interview is on Jan 28th thank you

I have an interview coming up on 2/4/14, but i am thinking of asking them to reschedule. Has anyone done so or would like to share your thoughts?

I have an interview coming up on 2/4/14, but i am thinking of asking them to reschedule. Has anyone done so or would like to share your thoughts?
They can reschedule the interview for you. Just let them know ahead of time :)

I actually got an acceptance email from them early last week. I was on the waitlist since early October and the only thing i did differently was email them my fall semester grade report. I think they originally put me on hold because i was taking biochem for fall and they prob wanted to see if i would pass the class. as soon as i completed and passed it i emailed them my grade update. It seems like they put a lot of people on the waitlist but don't lose hope! i heard they pull a lot of people off from the waitlist too..so just gotta wish for the best. good luck!
Congrat :)

They can reschedule the interview for you. Just let them know ahead of time :)

Thanks for the reply. Is it fine to reschedule even though I confirmed the interview? Something came up so I have to reschedule.

I believe you can. Just let they know as soon as possible

Will anyone from California be attending Touro NY?

A lot of students attending Touro are actually from Cali..

Hi there. I have a question for those who have been accepted into the school. Beside the background check and deposit fee, has the school told you to do anything else (immunization check or something like that)? Since they haven't contacted me since December. I'm just wondering

After you send out your supplementals and you receive an email saying that they have received it, the process should take between two to three weeks to hear back from them whether if all your requirements are met. Then they will send u a list of your coursework, you should receive an interview invite within the next few days after that if you are selected for one Good luck :)

Hi there. I have a question for those who have been accepted into the school. Beside the background check and deposit fee, has the school told you to do anything else (immunization check or something like that)? Since they haven't contacted me since December. I'm just wondering
They will send out the finaid pkt in March, and the shot records will be requested after.

They will send out the finaid pkt in March, and the shot records will be requested after.
Thank you for your response. If I don't have the shots that they require, then I have to take it at some clinical right?

Thank you for your response. If I don't have the shots that they require, then I have to take it at some clinical right?
Most likely. They only require common ones like mmr, hep a+b, chicken pox, flu shots, and 1 or another one. Nothing major.

Most likely. They only require common ones like mmr, hep a+b, chicken pox, flu shots, and 1 or another one. Nothing major.

Oh, and ppd (w/i 6 months) along with tentus (10yrs) also

How so?

Well hep B I definitely understand because of the route of transmission but its a bit odd to me that they would require hep A, you know cause its fecal/oral. But if they do, then they do. I have no qualms.

Well hep B I definitely understand because of the route of transmission but its a bit odd to me that they would require hep A, you know cause its fecal/oral. But if they do, then they do. I have no qualms.
Ppl get hep a fr fam hx, sexual partners, all sources of getting it.

That's good to know. Thanks a lot

Any January interviewers received any news or acceptances yet?

Last edited:
Hey all, I haven't completed the economics requirement. Also, I took Anatomy and Physiology I at my local community college, but not II. What should I do? Its too late to sing up for classes this semester and I'm not sure if they'll allow me to take them over the summer...

Hey all, I haven't completed the economics requirement. Also, I took Anatomy and Physiology I at my local community college, but not II. What should I do? Its too late to sing up for classes this semester and I'm not sure if they'll allow me to take them over the summer...

I would definitely call them to find out but I believe the pre-reqs have to be done by spring. I know that some community colleges offer late start sessions in my area so definitely look into that where you are. Have you been offered an interview? Acceptance?

Are you in any school right now? Can you take it this spring? You should also email them about your situation

I would definitely call them to find out but I believe the pre-reqs have to be done by spring. I know that some community colleges offer late start sessions in my area so definitely look into that where you are. Have you been offered an interview? Acceptance?
Are you in any school right now? Can you take it this spring? You should also email them about your situation

Thanks for the responses guys! I called them and they advised I take it online, but I'm very wary about online courses. I've never did one...I'm currently out of school... and the colleges in my area that do offer it are closed. None of which have a late start date...

Last edited:
Thanks for the response guys! I called them and they advised I take it online, but I'm very wary about online courses. I've never did one...I'm currently out of school... and the colleges in my area that do offer it are closed. None have have a late start date...
So is there anyway for you to finish the course?

Last edited:
Hi all,
I went to my interview early this week and had great time. Of course I was nervous and worried but still it was great experience. This is my 1st choice so I hope I can make it!

Hi all,
I went to my interview early this week and had great time. Of course I was nervous and worried but still it was great experience. This is my 1st choice so I hope I can make it!
Congraz, and good luck :). Just update your status to us if you hear anything new from them

II got the same message as urs on Feb 12 and got an invitation to interview on Feb 14
My interview will be schedule on Feb 25
Hope it's help .
Also does anyone know how long after they receive this message they will get back to you about interviewing with them?

Thanks!