Touro NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a qs to ask you guys. what are your plans regarding paying off your tuition loans? any specific ideas...? just curious.

I'm gonna go for loans unfortunately.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm gonna go for loans unfortunately.
yea that is what I am going to do as well but I'm sure most of us will do the same. Are there any other option for us?? maybe joining army navy ..? I just can't find any better way to save this fortune.

Hey is there anyone looking for a room to share? I might have one. PM me for more info

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
At 75-80k a yesr thats a lot of money plus interest... Thats a **** ton to pay back

Hypothetically

Realistically it shouldnt be anything more more than 55k per year (including rent and food).

I have a qs to ask you guys. what are your plans regarding paying off your tuition loans? any specific ideas...? just curious.
Good luck with that!

At 77k a year youll be spending your whole career paying that large of a debt kff

Realistically it shouldnt be anything more more than 55k per year (including rent and food).

And that's what half of what dental students pay ea year.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone that got accepted received immunization request from the school? I heard they would ask this information in March but i'm not sure

Nope, I haven't received anything about immunizations yet

I have someone to support me other things beside tuition so that should help right? How much is the tuition for class of 2018 anyway?

At 75-80k a yesr thats a lot of money plus interest... Thats a **** ton to pay back

Where are you getting the 77k from?

If you're talking about the estimated cost of attendance that they handed out during the interview, then you gotta make some adjustments.

Tuition and fees are 38k
Books/Supplies: Variable
Equip/Laptop: 3.6k
Room/Board: 27.3k
Transportation: 2.5 k
Personal: 6.1k
Professional Conf (Don't know what this is).: $600
Total ~ 77k

The only thing that matters for the school is the tuition and fees.

Now I think you need to use your head when you're estimating your cost of attendance. I don't think I'll need to spend $3600 dollars on a laptop EVERY YEAR. Also, you'd be pretty dumb to pay $2275 month (27.3k a year) rent for school. The transportation and personal seems to be a good estimate of what I'll spend, but everything else depends on the person.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
But don't they make more money too?

Depend on their post-doc study. I have friends going to Ivy league schools and stocking up 90k easily under their student loan ea year, and cant find work. See the funny thing with dental is either u have ur own practice or partner up with sb. Either way, they still make $$$, but it depends on their specialty, whether they go for any post-doc residency or go into surgery or not. My point is, by default, professional schools gear ppl toward student loans, unless ur parents are Bill Gate or Donald Trump. Even so, they still want their kids work for that $$$ at the first place anyway

Oh btw, have anybody taken a look at Obama's recent proposal to Congress on student loan, esp for professional school, repayment program yet?

Oh btw, have anybody taken a look at Obama's recent proposal to Congress on student loan, esp for professional school, repayment program yet?

Could you tell me more about it?

Could you tell me more about it?

Look up "Government already making proposal for student loan" thread. Cant remember exact wording but the thread has been floating around the forum.

Last edited:
Look up "Government already making proposal for student loan" thread. Cant remember exact wording but the thread has been floating around the forum.

Alright, thank you :)

Did anyone have an interview on Feb hear back yet? Please let me know if you guys get an acceptant letter

Did anyone have an interview on Feb hear back yet? Please let me know if you guys get an acceptant letter
I'm new to this thread, can somebody tell me which is the best airport to use when going to Touro NY from Kansas City? Thanks

I'm new to this thread, can somebody tell me which is the best airport to use when going to Touro NY from Kansas City? Thanks

Either Newark international or laguardia. Sometime ppl use jfk as well.

I flight from Oregon and used Delta air . I encourage you check on google because i am not sure if delta offers a nonstop fight from Kansas or not. Actually there are three diff. international airport in NYC that you can choose. For my experience, i flight from oregon to languardia and stays in Aloft Harlem for one night. It takes about 15mins from the airport to reach my hotel. The most advatage that i chose this hotel because it's one block away from Touro ( caution: expensive about $175 /a night). And, i flight back by using JFK. Hopes its help. Good luck for ur interview

Last edited:
They told me end of this week. I can't wait any longer!!!

I flight from Oregon and used Delta air . I encourage you check on google because i am not sure if delta offers a nonstop fight from Kansas or not. Actually there are three diff. international airport in NYC that you can choose. For my experience, i flight from oregon to languardia and stays in Aloft Harlem for one night. It takes about 15mins from the airport to reach my hotel. The most advatage that i chose this hotel because it's one block away from Touro ( caution: expensive about $175 /a night). And, i flight back by using JFK. Hopes its help. Good luck for ur interview
Thank you for the info. My interview is coming up very soon and I am very nervous. How was the interview and what do you recommend? Thanks

Thank you for the info. My interview is coming up very soon and I am very nervous. How was the interview and what do you recommend? Thanks
Personally, I felt the interview process pretty relax. There are students who introduce about the campus. Then, they allow each of us go to individual interview. There is also a group activity which is an interesting part. Be yourself and confidence, you will be fine. Good luck !!!

Is March the last month for the interview?

Not yet, i'm still waiting ...
Did ur interview in the beginning of Feb?

Yes, February 4th, you? Touro is my top choice for my pharmacy, so I'm pretty anxious right now haha.

Yes, February 4th, you? Touro is my top choice for my pharmacy, so I'm pretty anxious right now haha.
Me too, touro is my first choice. My interview on Feb 24. I hope we both get in.

hey guys. They had thier final decisions on friday afternoon and will be sending them out on Monday...

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck to everybody :)

How can you know the info, rani berry ?
I called them up. They usually dont answer so i called many many times... Haha i called this morning no answer. So nervous!! I cant wait any longer!

I called them up. They usually dont answer so i called many many times... Haha i called this morning no answer. So nervous!! I cant wait any longer!
Yup, same to me. No one picks up the phone call. I am so nervous at this time. Bz I have another interview next week, I want to know if they accept me or not. And, I can decide whether I need to go or not. >"< ....

• Aceppted!!!! Wooo hooo.
  • Check your email guys :)

Reactions: 1 users
If you guys receive the email that requires immunization or financial please let me know. My mail has some problem lately, and i don't know if it receives email correctly

I am out ot state student, and i am looking for a place to state in the next four years. Any of you guys need a female roomate, or can offer me a place to stay. Plz let me know, i trally appreciate, tks ...