Touro NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrat. I got accepted back in December. Hope to see you there
Tks, r u out of state student?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats guys!!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so excited! Is there a facebook page for c/o 2018? Cant wait to meet you guys :)

Last edited:
The school is supposed to assign sb fr student body for that.

Reactions: 1 user
Do u know how to pay for $1k deposit?

The 1k pmt instruction should be included in the acceptance email.

I am so excited! Is there a facebook page for c/o 2018? Cant wait to meet you guys :)

looks like more people got their acceptance here! Congraz to you all! We should definitely create a fb page for class of 2018 so that we can sorta meet each other and keep in touch for important things:clap:!!! :clap:

Reactions: 2 users
The 1k pmt instruction should be included in the acceptance email.

It said :

Welcome to the Class of 2018! The next step to secure your seat for the class is to submit your non-refundable acceptance deposit in the amount of $1,000.
Once you have been entered in the Touro system as a pharmacy student, the Office of Admissions will send you instruction on how to make the payment. The payment must be made by the date mentioned in your offer letter.

looks like more people got their acceptance here! Congraz to you all! We should definitely create a fb page for class of 2018 so that we can sorta meet each other and keep in touch for important things:clap:!!! :clap:
Yea most def! Any of you work at pharmacy now? anyone CVS?

What is this? Even we help with all the Qs, the final call is still up to the admission commitee though. And they're changing it to closed-file interview now. So its not the same as before. But whatever u stated up there is what they will most likely ask anyway

Members don't see this ad :)
What is this? Even we help with all the Qs, the final call is still up to the admission commitee though. And they're changing it to closed-file interview now. So its not the same as before. But whatever u stated up there is what they will most likely ask anyway

hm. true. This year they are open file... fyi

hm. true. This year they are open file... fyi

Hmm, idk whats going on with the school anymore. One person interviewed back in jan said closed-file, ur saying open-file.

Congrats to you all. It was closed file when I went in for interview. All they had was a paper with questions on them.

Congrats to you all. It was closed file when I went in for interview. All they had was a paper with questions on them.
The committe said it's opened file, they read over your application , acedemic standing and everything about you before they interview you. And yes, they have a list of questions to ask you, but it's opened file :)

The committe said it's opened file, they read over your application , acedemic standing and everything about you before they interview you. And yes, they have a list of questions to ask you, but it's opened file :)

oh okay. Either way we all had good news so far, so I guess it does not matter anymore. :D Make sure you make the deposit before the deadline.

oh okay. Either way we all had good news so far, so I guess it does not matter anymore. :D Make sure you make the deposit before the deadline.
Lol i still figure out how to do make a deposite right now

Do i need to wait for my ID? Will Touro create our prolife first?

Lol i still figure out how to do make a deposite right now
They will send you an email shortly after the confirmation letter. You will be provided a student ID (Yay!!!). Then, you will be instructed to make the payment

They will send you an email shortly after the confirmation letter. You will be provided a student ID (Yay!!!). Then, you will be instructed to make the payment
Great thanks, i try to register but i dont have My ID yet lol :)

I have an interview on Feb 25, and it's looked like the process really quick.
I submitted pharmcas on Jan 13 and sent out my supp later on.
I received the email from them to confirm about my supp application on Jan 31.
Status update: Feb 12
Interview invitation: Feb 14
Hope it help !!!
Here u go @lxelite

My interview : Feb 25
Accepted : Mar 17

Hello,

I was referred from another forum under student doctor classified to here because I was told there are students looking for housing in NYC Queens from Touro College. Here is the link below if anyone is interested. I am currently a resident and the owner of the studio apt. Email if anyone is interested. Thank you

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/abo/4382829182.html

Hi,
Firstly I want to congrats everyone who got an acceptance!
Secondly, can you put up your stats?
Thirdly, Im really freaked out! Touro is my #1 choice right now! I heard back from other schools but I rather stay in NY.
I submitted my application Oct 31st but didnt submit my secondary until Jan 13th and then received a pre-req status Feb 3rd.
I have a 2.7 undergrad overall gpa and currently enrolled in a MS program and my first semester i receive 2 B, 1 B- and 1 C+ (which might hurt me) but with 3 year work experience at varies pharmacies, volunteer abroad programs for public health and have done research at NYU and currently at Upitt.

Can someone give me some input as to what I should do or what my chances are?

Hi,
Thirdly, Im really freaked out! Touro is my #1 choice right now! I heard back from other schools but I rather stay in NY.
I submitted my application Oct 31st but didnt submit my secondary until Jan 13th and then received a pre-req status Feb 3rd.
I have a 2.7 undergrad overall gpa and currently enrolled in a MS program and my first semester i receive 2 B, 1 B- and 1 C+ (which might hurt me) but with 3 year work experience at varies pharmacies, volunteer abroad programs for public health and have done research at NYU and currently at Upitt.

My cumulative GPA was 3.2 and sci GPA was 3.0 with bachelors in medical lab science. Worked as pharm tech for five years. I received interview invite a day after they sent me my pre req status. I think you should call admissions to follow up with them. Good luck!

Hi,

Maybe you should try contacting the admissions and see if you're still in the running. I think you still have a good chance since you're gonna have a masters and your gpa meets their requirement. I submitted all of my applications pretty early on in the cycle and I got an interview in October after they verified my prereqs. Maybe try getting a pharmacist LOR or another professor to write you one (if it's necessary/allowed) so that it can give you an extra boost. Good luck!

You should call them up. I also had to call after my pre req status email bc i was waiting to hear them back for about a month. They told me that they sent me an email regarding interview but i didnt recieve it. So they sent it again. Def call them up!

Hi,

If they still offer an interview, I bet you will get in.
They probably send out the invitation after they send you a pre-req status shortly.
And, you are also a strong candidate since you currently enroll en MS program and have a lot of pharmacy experience and volunteer.
You can also call them, but they are really hard to reach over the phone :)
Hope its help.

Guess u guys forgot the part where the school will have student body to create the fb page where they have majority of p1,p2 and p3 joining for questions and advices on classes. But the enthusiasm to create a class page can't be waited any longer I assume.

Hello fellow Touro applicants and future students!
Can anyone share their experience at the Touro interview. Also any questions or tips? Thanks in advance!

Hello fellow Touro applicants and future students!
Can anyone share their experience at the Touro interview. Also any questions or tips? Thanks in advance!

I suggest you spend sometime going back and read the prev posts for further info

Hmm still says content currently unavailable :/
The fb page works, but I think you just have to be added by a person who already has been added into the group. So give your fb name/email here or private msg it if you want to join in. We will add you guys :highfive:

Was placed on the reserve pool. Anyone had any luck through this?

Words been told that they take ppl up til the end of Jul. In any case, hope u prepared for plan B already. :-/

Words been told that they take ppl up til the end of Jul. In any case, hope u prepared for plan B already. :-/

They're my number one choice so better late than never right? I've been placed on 5 other waiting lists with 1 acceptance (plan B). Its been tough.

They're my number one choice so better late than never right? I've been placed on 5 other waiting lists with 1 acceptance (plan B). Its been tough.

I hear u. One of my friends has been in the same situation like you, but she doesnt get to have other schools that place her on the reserve pool. So she only has Touro as her one and only option as reserve candidate. So you know, sometimes life is not what we actually wish for and want. The grass is not always greener on the other side. Wish u luck thou!!!

I interviewed in October and I was put on reserve pool after. But I got accepted in January after I submitted my fall semester grades. So don't lose hope! I wish you luck

I hear u. One of my friends has been in the same situation like you, but she doesnt get to have other schools that place her on the reserve pool. So she only has Touro as her one and only option as reserve candidate. So you know, sometimes life is not what we actually wish for and want. The grass is not always greener on the other side. Wish u luck thou!!!

I hear you. Just gotta stay positive and make the grass greener. Hopefully we both get in.

To whoever is still waiting on the finaid pkg, it is gonna be online this year. They're gonna send out links for ppl to do it over the internet instead of sending out paperworks in the next 15 days. Touro is stepping up their game. At least they're saving alot of trees :-/

To whoever is still waiting on the finaid pkg, it is gonna be online this year. They're gonna send out links for ppl to do it over the internet instead of sending out paperworks in the next 15 days. Touro is stepping up their game. At least they're saving alot of trees :-/

So it should be this week and next week that we will receive the document right?