Touro NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So it should be this week and next week that we will receive the document right?
More likely to be end of next, early on the wk after

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
More likely to be end of next, early on the wk after

Thanks a lot for letting us know. I have been waiting for so long for this info. I have one question. Recently, I finished Fall 2013 and Winter 2014 courses at my school, do I need to send a copy of transcript of those 2 quarters to the school? I still have Spring 2014 which is my last quarter. I have emailed the school, but it hasn't responded

Thanks a lot for letting us know. I have been waiting for so long for this info. I have one question. Recently, I finished Fall 2013 and Winter 2014 courses at my school, do I need to send a copy of transcript of those 2 quarters to the school? I still have Spring 2014 which is my last quarter. I have emailed the school, but it hasn't responded

Wait to send all of them in one shot. My thing is, if i have alot of $$$, I'll babysit the school on my up-to-date grades and send them individually and what's not. But u're already been accepted, who cares???? And good luck with the emailing part. Smh

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait to send all of them in one shot. My thing is, if i have alot of $$$, I'll babysit the school on my up-to-date grades and send them individually and what's not. But u're already been accepted, who cares???? And good luck with the emailing part. Smh

I really appreciate your help. Please let us know more if there is more information for new students :)

Warning for all of you incoming!! Avoid this school like the plague. They fired numerous professors, deans, faculty members and are not replacing anyone. Touro has no professors to teach at all; the ones left are the bottom of the barrel. This school is on the verge of receiving probation and under investigation by acceleration and NYS board of pharmacy. If you can lose your deposit or just give up on Touro. The new administration are arrogant, threatening and not helpful. They manipulate policies, rules and classes in the middle of semester or after a completion of a semester. Curriculum in this school is a joke; you won't be prepared for your boards. Touro college of pharmacy NY; has one of the lowest passing rates for naplex. Last year was 69%. Most good colleges are in the 90% passing rate. Hope this warning helps you out. Otherwise you'll have the worse experience ever and that's if your kicked out the program as many are now or if the program even will stay open for another 4 years.

Warning for all of you incoming!! Avoid this school like the plague. They fired numerous professors, deans, faculty members and are not replacing anyone. Touro has no professors to teach at all; the ones left are the bottom of the barrel. This school is on the verge of receiving probation and under investigation by acceleration and NYS board of pharmacy. If you can lose your deposit or just give up on Touro. The new administration are arrogant, threatening and not helpful. They manipulate policies, rules and classes in the middle of semester or after a completion of a semester. Curriculum in this school is a joke; you won't be prepared for your boards. Touro college of pharmacy NY; has one of the lowest passing rates for naplex. Last year was 69%. Most good colleges are in the 90% passing rate. Hope this warning helps you out. Otherwise you'll have the worse experience ever and that's if your kicked out the program as many are now or if the program even will stay open for another 4 years.
Are you a student in the school? I have heard about this issue since December, and I'm hoping there would be some changes in the future since Touro is my only option right now. What do you mean that many are kicked out of the program?

Thanks for your advices. Do you also feel that u r not prepared for the boards? How can I (and we) find more about these issues that are brought up every now and then? Very nervous about the school....

Thanks for your advices. Do you also feel that u r not prepared for the boards? How can I (and we) find more about these issues that are brought up every now and then? Very nervous about the school....
It could be the current students that are not studying enough or something to not pass the boards. Yes the naplex scores do seem to be on the low end compared to other schools but IMO I don't think it's the curriculum that's screwing everyone over. There's still like about 69-70% students passing. Just try not to be in that 30% failing group (which is kind of a good chunk) . If you are determined and serious about your pharm education then you should be fine about passing the boards. Hearing this information is pretty scary and it would really suck if it's completely true. But I like to have faith in the school (or any school) I'm going to be attending to.. This is just my thought.

I know some students who go to this school right now and when I spoke to them about this school before my interview they never mentioned anything about the school possibly going on probation or the faculty quitting.

Reactions: 1 users
From speaking to students and faculty this seemed like a problem a couple of years ago. Touro also has only 100 seats which is a bit less than other schools.

It does seem kind of weird that in 2012 the passing rate was 81% in 2012 (81 students/100) and in 2013 it was 69% (lowest in the country). I'm sure the last thing they want is to go on probation since the CA program is so good.

From speaking to students and faculty this seemed like a problem a couple of years ago. Touro also has only 100 seats which is a bit less than other schools.

It does seem kind of weird that in 2012 the passing rate was 81% in 2012 (81 students/100) and in 2013 it was 69% (lowest in the country). I'm sure the last thing they want is to go on probation since the CA program is so good.
from what I saw from Touro's website, 81% is probably 54/66 students. I don't know about the number of students that took the test in 2013. The rate was low because there were not many students took the test I believe

@Wisely, lets call the nys board of pharmacy and find out.

Now I have just learned that I could've had been accepted to another pharmacy school in NY(a much better one), but I missed my chance. Someone I know who got into that school had a lower PCAT score than me and even with no Bachelor Degree. That's being said, Touro is also my only option for this cycle. My point here is we are supposed to be the better students who are smarter and more knowledgeable than the students from some other schools. Let's have some faith in ourselves and the school. Maybe the program is not the top notch in the nation. Every pharmacist I talked to told me it didn't matter which school you go. We would all learn the same stuff. I learned this from another pharmacy program and I want to use it here. For those of you who are determined to go to Touro College of Phamracy like myself, WE WILL START IT TOGETHER AND END IT TOGETHER. NO ONE WILL BE LEFT BEHIND IN OUR CLASS!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
@Wisely, lets call the nys board of pharmacy and find out.

I did actually. I contacted them long time ago since I first heard about this issue. There would be time given for the school to fix the program, which I believe they are trying right now ( still not sure?). However, if the worst thing happens, students would be allowed to finish the program and probably take the test. I'm hoping the school is fixing things up

Members don't see this ad :)
Now I have just learned that I could've had been accepted to another pharmacy school in NY(a much better one), but I missed my chance. Someone I know who got into that school had a lower PCAT score than me and even with no Bachelor Degree. That's being said, Touro is also my only option for this cycle. My point here is we are supposed to be the better students who are smarter and more knowledgeable than the students from some other schools. Let's have some faith in ourselves and the school. Maybe the program is not the top notch in the nation. Every pharmacist I talked to told me it didn't matter which school you go. We would all learn the same stuff. I learned this from another pharmacy program and I want to use it here. For those of you who are determined to go to Touro College of Phamracy like myself, WE WILL START IT TOGETHER AND END IT TOGETHER. NO ONE WILL BE LEFT BEHIND IN OUR CLASS!!!!!!!

Hi 5. Way to put it!!! Respect your determination and commitment, love your attitude!!!!

I have the same thoughts. In fact ,I made a promise to myself after hearing about the issue is that no matter how bad it is, if we could go through it, then we will do it even if it makes us exhausted. Still, The only thing I hope right now is the school will stand and fix things up. We will go in there and try our best

I did actually. I contacted them long time ago since I first heard about this issue. There would be time given for the school to fix the program, which I believe they are trying right now ( still not sure?). However, if the worst thing happens, students would be allowed to finish the program and probably take the test. I'm hoping the school is fixing things up

Of course they have to let the students finish their degree. They might face class A lawsuit action if those aforementioned is true though. Nobody wants burn those kind of money into professional school and get kicked out. There must be more to the story.

@Wisely. Im curious if the OP even the student @ Touro thou. He/she never posted anything on sdn or pharmacy forum in specific in matter of fact. I wonder what the motive is behind all this.

@Wisely. Im curious if the OP even the student @ Touro thou. He/she never posted anything on sdn or pharmacy forum in specific in matter of fact. I wonder what the motive is behind all this.

I understand. That's why I will not assume anything from now, and I still have a strong believe in the school. However, I would keep in mind all opinions just in case :)

Yes I'm right behind you! Honestly people get so caught up on the rankings for pharmacy school. Like sometimes ranking doesn't mean everything..but for some people it's important to them but let them be that way. My district manager told me that they hired a pharmacy manager from this school and he didn't say anything negative about it (or the school) . In the end it's pharmacy school, you are bound to learn the same stuff in any other school since we are all studying the same profession.. It's just that every school has a different curriculum. But yes let's have some faith for this school! This school is also my only option so far and out of all the other schools I interviewed I do think this program is good compared to others.

TouroNY is on fire tonight. Jk. Gotta crack a joke sometimes. Dont mind me

Yes I'm right behind you! Honestly people get so caught up on the rankings for pharmacy school. Like sometimes ranking doesn't mean everything..but for some people it's important to them but let them be that way. My district manager told me that they hired a pharmacy manager from this school and he didn't say anything negative about it (or the school) . In the end it's pharmacy school, you are bound to learn the same stuff in any other school since we are all studying the same profession.. It's just that every school has a different curriculum. But yes let's have some faith for this school! This school is also my only option so far and out of all the other schools I interviewed I do think this program is good compared to others.
Also, students are upset because it happened so sudden that they didn't know how to handle it, thus the complaints. We know what to expect, so we would be able to handle it. I view this as one of the challenges we must face in professional program

What did NYS board state say? The school threatened students who contact board; stating they will seek actions to expel them. I am a student that just started program two years ago. I won't reveal my name or gender. This school and professors are vindictive. They like to make examples of students who speak out. I'm only here to pass on the word to help you guys. Staying together will be impossible; we thought the same. Everyone breaks down into clicks and doesn't want help others. The problem is the curriculum; works in California because the staff there is probably good. Our school has garbage professors. All the good professors were their in first couple of years of the program. Hence the 81% passing rate. The second class faced worse professors and got 69%. The third class probably will be even lower; since that class faces most changes and hurdles due to administration policy changes. The 4th graduating class I'm sure will have it easier. Students here are miserable and upset. Rotation sites are highly limited; no new professors being hired. Arrogant new Dean and administration who threaten students. This place is equalivent to prison; not pharmacy school. Some make it out in 4 year time; many might not.

What did NYS board state say? The school threatened students who contact board; stating they will seek actions to expel them. I am a student that just started program two years ago. I won't reveal my name or gender. This school and professors are vindictive. They like to make examples of students who speak out. I'm only here to pass on the word to help you guys. Staying together will be impossible; we thought the same. Everyone breaks down into clicks and doesn't want help others. The problem is the curriculum; works in California because the staff there is probably good. Our school has garbage professors. All the good professors were their in first couple of years of the program. Hence the 81% passing rate. The second class faced worse professors and got 69%. The third class probably will be even lower; since that class faces most changes and hurdles due to administration policy changes. The 4th graduating class I'm sure will have it easier. Students here are miserable and upset. Rotation sites are highly limited; no new professors being hired. Arrogant new Dean and administration who threaten students. This place is equalivent to prison; not pharmacy school. Some make it out in 4 year time; many might not.
Thank you for sharing the information with us. When I contacted Board of Pharmacy, They said there was no school would be close to probation status due to low NAPLEX score (this was back in January 2014). But if it must happen, then we all will have the remaining time to finish the program and take the test, but the school will not be able to enroll new students. I have some questions as well. Has Touro made any change at all? I heard it did, but I'm still not clear on what. If the professors are not really helpful, can you seek the study materials somewhere and handle it by yourself ?

Thank you for sharing the information with us. When I contacted Board of Pharmacy, They said there was no school would be close to probation status due to low NAPLEX score (this was back in January 2014). But if it must happen, then we all will have the remaining time to finish the program and take the test, but the school will not be able to enroll new students. I have some questions as well. Has Touro made any change at all? I heard it did, but I'm still not clear on what. If the professors are not really helpful, can you seek the study materials somewhere and handle it by yourself ?

NYS board of Pharmacy isn't in charge of accreditation. That's ACPE I believe. You might want to contact them. The subjects and information taught isn't percentage wise equal to what naplex topics look like. They focus on too much medicinal chemistry, no toxicity, a lot of public health. Little therapeutics. The labs are good though. Touro has not made significant changes. Many professors have been leaving; only hearing this from older classmates. They don't communicate much with students and deans and many professors don't want to hear complaints. You can study materials yourself but that only goes so much.

So many stories to tell, can u at least give some names out thou. I mean we're dealing with real life ppl here, its hard to pin point when all ur saying is just ur bad experiences at the school so far. We need those prof names!!!! Thanks

NYS board of Pharmacy isn't in charge of accreditation. That's ACPE I believe. You might want to contact them. The subjects and information taught isn't percentage wise equal to what naplex topics look like. They focus on too much medicinal chemistry, no toxicity, a lot of public health. Little therapeutics. The labs are good though. Touro has not made significant changes. Many professors have been leaving; only hearing this from older classmates. They don't communicate much with students and deans and many professors don't want to hear complaints. You can study materials yourself but that only goes so much.
I contacted ACPE actually. Will new professors come into the school. I believe you are doing rotation now since you are at your 3rd year, is that correct?

So many stories to tell, can u at least give some names out thou. I mean we're dealing with real life ppl here, its hard to pin point when all ur saying is just ur bad experiences at the school so far. We need those prof names!!!! Thanks

Here is a list of them with more info!!!!

http://www.pharmacy.touro.edu/?page_id=501
http://www.pharmacy.touro.edu/?page_id=1425
http://www.pharmacy.touro.edu/?page_id=537
http://www.pharmacy.touro.edu/?page_id=531

I contacted ACPE actually. Will new professors come into the school. I believe you are doing rotation now since you are at your 3rd year, is that correct?

I would say in past 6 months over 6-8 professors left and maybe one or two were hired. The professors who are left are overworked; underpaid and take out the frustration on the students. What did ACPE state about touro specifically?

I would say in past 6 months over 6-8 professors left and maybe one or two were hired. The professors who are left are overworked; underpaid and take out the frustration on the students. What did ACPE state about touro specifically?
they didn't say anything about the situation. The ACPE website has the report about pharmacy schools on January 2014, it only states that there would be a focus visit in spring semester 2014. ACPE didn't say there would be any school face the probation when I contacted them, I'm not sure about now

they didn't say anything about the situation. The ACPE website has the report about pharmacy schools on January 2014, it only states that there would be a focus visit in spring semester 2014. ACPE didn't say there would be any school face the probation when I contacted them, I'm not sure about now
When would they update this?

@Wisely, what do u think?

I can't tell for now to be honest. I guess it's a big mess at the school right now. The thing is, if we want to carry on, then class of 2014 and 2015 must try their best on the exam. That could be a solution to stable the school again since ACPE would reconsider about the results. If students keep doing bad, then I don't know :(. It's hard now since students are all stressed with all kind of stuff, but I do hope they will try their best for now. Even if we can still carry on if the school would lose its accreditation, it would be a good idea to study and not knowing what will happen next. So all I can say is everybody just try hard now.

I believe it would be in June 2014, they will have meeting around that time. Is that the time students take NAPLEX ?
Students usually take naplex sometime in July or August, September. The rumor has been going around the school that if class of 2014 does bad on Naplex they will be on probation.

I can't tell for now to be honest. I guess it's a big mess at the school right now. The thing is, if we want to carry on, then class of 2014 and 2015 must try their best on the exam. That could be a solution to stable the school again since ACPE would reconsider about the results. If students keep doing bad, then I don't know :(. It's hard now since students are all stressed with all kind of stuff, but I do hope they will try their best for now. Even if we can still carry on if the school would lose its accreditation, it would be a good idea to study and not knowing what will happen next. So all I can say is everybody just try hard now.

Nah, thats not a good answer to me. If whatever is being said here tonight is 100% true, then I want to hear better plan of action from the school. There is no MAYBE. Thats bully and unethical. I mean they're charging almost 40k for tuition, not teaching students necessary info, and expecting the students to be kicked out for expressing their frustration? I dont mean to blow things out of proportions, but thats considered fraud. We need to call the school up and ask to talk to the Dean asap. What do u say?

Nah, thats not a good answer to me. If whatever is being said here tonight is 100% true, then I want to hear better plan of action from the school. There is no MAYBE. Thats bully and unethical. I mean they're charging almost 40k for tuition, not teaching students necessary info, and expecting the students to be kicked out for expressing their frustration? I dont mean to blow things out of proportions, but thats considered fraud. We need to call the school up and ask to talk to the Dean asap. What do u say?

I thought about that before. The thing is, would they tell you the truth? Since if Touro experiences some issue, would it let new student to know about it and withdraw from the admission? Since we could do that before we even take the program and spread the rumor which could make the school's reputation go bad. That's why I decided to contact ACPE instead to see what really happened

Contact ACPE; please share what you heard and please share what they say.

I thought about that before. The thing is, would they tell you the truth? Since if Touro experiences some issue, would it let new student to know about it and withdraw from the admission? Since we could do that before we even take the program and spread the rumor which could make the school's reputation go bad. That's why I decided to contact ACPE instead to see what really happened

Well, record the convo. Ask to make an appt with the Dean and have a formal face to face convo. If he denies what is being told, then somebody needs to pay the price for falsifying and misleading info to prospective students. Come on, we need to go straight to the source in order to get an answer. If sitting behind the keyboard and having these uneasy speculations abt the school, i'd rather walk away. Its like a marriage to me now.

Contact ACPE; please share what you heard and please share what they say.
I have a question and don't get me wrong. Why don't you contact ACPE about this since you can tell them that the school put pressure on students who try to make complaint about the school. I think you could also keep your identity as a secret, too

I have a question and don't get me wrong. Why don't you contact ACPE about this since you can tell them that the school put pressure on students who try to make complaint about the school. I think you could also keep your identity as a secret, too

Students in the school have. ACPE said they will look into it. Then threats came from the administration; their vindictive and its hard to stand up and speak out. Many try and are made examples of and made fun of.

Well, record the convo. Ask to make an appt with the Dean and have a formal face to face convo. If he denies what is being told, then somebody needs to pay the price for falsifying and misleading info to prospective students. Come on, we need to go straight to the source in order to get an answer. If sitting behind the keyboard and having these uneasy speculations abt the school, i'd rather walk away. Its like a marriage to me now.

That's a good idea!!!

I don't really want to risk it for now :(. Since I do feel a little bit of pressure, so I want to proceed it with cautions. Everything is still unclear; however, if we go straight out, and if it's real then we could be the next generation that get the pressure.

I don't really want to risk it for now :(. Since I do feel a little bit of pressure, so I want to proceed it with cautions. Everything is still unclear; however, if we go straight out, and if it's real then we could be the next generation that get the pressure.

Hmm, ok. I guess my pov is different fr u. Imo, the pressure is and will always there. I'd rather want to know what I'm getting myself into. If everything is true, then I want my 1k back, so i can pay my bills. Anyway, everybody's priorities are different fr others i guess. This thing bugs the hell out of me thou. I'll do some investigation on this

Hmm, ok. I guess my pov is different fr u. Imo, the pressure is and will always there. I'd rather want to know what I'm getting myself into. If everything is true, then I want my 1k back, so i can pay my bills. Anyway, everybody's priorities are different fr others i guess. This thing bugs the hell out of me thou. I'll do some investigation on this

I understand. It could be easier for you, but I'm an international student, so this would be one way in. Even if I really want to take back my money, I will have no place to go since I will be done in 3 more months. Since I have no time left, I have to take the risk anyway

Students in the school have. ACPE said they will look into it. Then threats came from the administration; their vindictive and its hard to stand up and speak out. Many try and are made examples of and made fun of.
Can I ask you one last question. Until this point, how confident do you feel about the amount of materials that you have learnt from the school? Do you know what you would expect to see on the NAPLEX exam ? Would you be able to go through it ?

From what I know, if a school does go on probation they have a couple of years to improve or make changes (like 2 years I think) in order to get back on track. And if it doesn't go through then they have a chance to appeal the probation (if acpe accepts it). So even if the school happens to go down hill there are still chances to make improvements.. I think it's usually a very rare case when an accredited pharmacy school loses it's accreditation.. And usually schools are able to get out of probation status. And also as long as you are admitted to the school while it is still accredited then you will graduate from the school (even if the school happens to lose it's accreditation in the process).

Please correct me if I am wrong about the info but I hope this calmed some of you down. I understand it's a big complicated situation but I just hope things will work out in the end and that this is just some scandal

Last edited:
From what I know, if a school does go on probation they have a couple of years to improve or make changes (like 2 years I think) in order to get back on track. And if it doesn't go through then they have a chance to appeal the probation (if acpe accepts it). So even if the school happens to go down hill there are still chances to make improvements.. I think it's usually a very rare case when an accredited pharmacy school loses it's accreditation.. And also as long as you are admitted to the school while it is still accredited then you will graduate from the school (even if the school happens to lose it's accreditation in the process).

Please correct me if I am wrong about the info but I hope this calmed some of you down. I understand it's a big complicated situation but I just hope things will work out in the end and that this is just some scandal
Yes everything is correct except that actually no school has lost its accreditation status. Even if the school can't improve at all, students would be allowed to take the test. I don't want that to happen though since you feel kinda stress if the school happens to be in that situation.

Let's not panic guys!!! Not now or not yet!!

We always hear the old saying, if you can make it in New York, you can make it anywhere. Now we just have to change it to if you can make it in Touro NY, you can make it everywhere. Not many people can say this!!!

Be strong and carry on!!!!