Touro university CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ayuka001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone received the invite to do the supplemental yet?
( I got invite from all other schools but touro :/ )

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone received the invite to do the supplemental yet?
( I got invite from all other schools but touro :/ )

I just did couple days ago. You should be hearing from them soon!

Members don't see this ad :)

That's exactly when mine was mailed out too and I haven't received the supplemental email either. :( I've had theirs done for 2 weeks now but I can't send it without the approval email. Argh..

That's exactly when mine was mailed out too and I haven't received the supplemental email either. :( I've had theirs done for 2 weeks now but I can't send it without the approval email. Argh..

Do you mind share your stats? Do you have your bachelor degree already?

For my stats,

I have a BS degree in biochemistry.
Overall: 3.05 (PharmCAS)

Gosh I just finished summer school so I'm barely starting on my supplementals now :( . I got the supp invite from touro tho yay :) !

yeh can u guys share your stats too?

my is:
pharmcas cumulative gpa: 3.3
but my science is lower
will have bachelors by 2012

Do you mind share your stats? Do you have your bachelor degree already?

For my stats,

I have a BS degree in biochemistry.
Overall: 3.05 (PharmCAS)

BS degree in biochemistry as well. :D
Overall: 3.3
Junior & Senior year cumulative GPA: 3.7-3.8
Science GPA: 3.5
PCAT: 79% composite (I'm retaking next month)

I know Touro doesn't require PCAT but I talked to one of the representatives and they said they'll still look at it if it's there. How many schools are you applying to? I'm applying to 11 to cast a wide net.

wow, everyones stats are looking really good. Anyone completed their applications yet and just waiting for interview invites?

I want to add to my question, has anyone finished answering the questions on the supplemental yet?
The spaces provided give a 400 character count limit for the smaller questions, but it does mention you can use additional typed paper as an extension. However, the admission committee only want concisely composed responses. Is this pretty much telling us to only use 400 character count? Sorry if this is obvious to some people, I'm just a little confused.

Last edited:
wow, everyones stats are looking really good. Anyone completed their applications yet and just waiting for interview invites?

I want to add to my question, has anyone finished answering the questions on the supplemental yet?
The spaces provided give a 400 character count limit for the smaller questions, but it does mention you can use additional typed paper as an extension. However, the admission committee only want concisely composed responses. Is this pretty much telling us to only use 400 character count? Sorry if this is obvious to some people, I'm just a little confused.

I submitted mine two days ago after the email finally came. I only used the spaces provided and kept my essay pretty concise. I think it's important to keep it short because no one really wants to read that much stuff. Besides, I think it says a lot about you if you can get the point across quickly and efficiently.

I submitted mine two days ago after the email finally came. I only used the spaces provided and kept my essay pretty concise. I think it's important to keep it short because no one really wants to read that much stuff. Besides, I think it says a lot about you if you can get the point across quickly and efficiently.

You already know the essay question before hand? that is really fast turn around time haha :thumbup:

You already know the essay question before hand? that is really fast turn around time haha :thumbup:

I accessed their supplemental app through the school's website and had it done before I got the email that said I could proceed further. My stats aren't outstanding so I have to show them I'm serious in other ways. If only I had a time machine so I can go slap my irresponsible freshman self. T_T

^ but your science gpa is sooo good !!! and your overall gpa isn't bad either, you have nothing to worry about :)

I wish I could go back and redo junior year, I had a lot of family trouble so I missed class and didnt do so well. But I guess I can explain that to them on the supplemental....

Members don't see this ad :)
Just making sure, so we just type everything in the blank boxes, print out the whole supplemental and then mail it?

Yep, that's all I did. Don't forget to attach the extra essay! I almost didn't see that at first.

anyone applied to Touro NY? i sent in my apps long ago and they havent even cashed my check :(

anyone applied to Touro NY? i sent in my apps long ago and they havent even cashed my check :(

I'm applying there but I haven't done the supplemental yet. Do we need to wait for an invite? Cuz I haven't received any emails from them.....

I dont think so, Touro NY is not sending invitations like the Touro CA.

so my answer came out to be like 2 sentences longer than the allowed space on the supplemental. To attach an additional paper, do I just type whatever fits in the allowed space, and then the rest in an additional paper then?

thanks!

I'm not sure, I would either contact them and ask or simply have the whole paragraph on a separate sheet of paper instead of just 2 sentences.

anybody scheduled an interview for oct 6, 2011?

holy crap! invite to interview already? congrats.

I really need to get my app in.

Did you guys get any confirmation when they got Ur supplemental application? I sent mine 2 weeks ago and never heard back since then. They still haven't cashed my check either.

Did you guys get any confirmation when they got Ur supplemental application? I sent mine 2 weeks ago and never heard back since then. They still haven't cashed my check either.

I've only submitted Touro NY so far and i'm in the same situation as you are in. Can't say for touro CA since I didnt submit yet :(

there are couple guys here already submitted so they might be able to chime in.

Same here, I haven't heard anything back from Touro NY :(.

I've only submitted Touro NY so far and i'm in the same situation as you are in. Can't say for touro CA since I didnt submit yet :(

there are couple guys here already submitted so they might be able to chime in.

I thought I was pretty early in applying, but guess not lol.
I am waiting until next week to contact Touro NY about my application, and I am submitting my Touro CA this week.

Having vegas sandwiched between these two weeks will make submission harder, but oh welllsss :thumbup:

I thought I was pretty early in applying, but guess not lol.
I am waiting until next week to contact Touro NY about my application, and I am submitting my Touro CA this week.

Having vegas sandwiched between these two weeks will make submission harder, but oh welllsss :thumbup:

Wow, I didn't know they start interview! I am going to submit my suppl. application tomorrow. And I also find out you can pay the suppl. application online (Touro CA).

Does touro have like a website that we can check our app status or are we supposed to just wait for emails?

Did you send in your apps already?
I just sent mine in this morning.

Not sure if they have a status page though, not alot of schools have it.

Did you send in your apps already?
I just sent mine in this morning.

Not sure if they have a status page though, not alot of schools have it.

I mailed my app yesterday I think the post office said it should arrive to touro today around three. Btw do u know for northstate we just upload our PDF file, pay the fee, and that's it?

I mailed my app yesterday I think the post office said it should arrive to touro today around three. Btw do u know for northstate we just upload our PDF file, pay the fee, and that's it?

that's it! They changed the instructions to added couple more bullet points. I'm not sure if it was because i kept bugging them about certain things like it shows up differently on a mac vs pc and other stuffs :cool:

make sure you put lastfirstpharmcasID.pdf

I wonder if you submit now we will be in the same interview group. you never know, good luck!!

I wonder if you submit now we will be in the same interview group. you never know, good luck!!

oh that'd be cool ! :)
I hope they offer me an interview lol
good luck on your interviews !

I gotta do Touro NY's supp now.....

oh that'd be cool ! :)
I hope they offer me an interview lol
good luck on your interviews !

I gotta do Touro NY's supp now.....

thanks! I'm sure you'll hear good news soon. I'm really worried about Midwestern actually, not sure how to handle a group interview :cool:

I sent my supplementals about 3 weeks ago via mail, but I still haven't received anything back. They haven't cashed my check either.

The same goes to Touro NY.
Did anyone else get an interview? I'm worried :(

did they cash your check?
I wonder if they are processing if they have not cashed your check yet.

I sent my supplementals about 3 weeks ago via mail, but I still haven't received anything back. They haven't cashed my check either.

The same goes to Touro NY.
Did anyone else get an interview? I'm worried :(

WOW you sent your Touro CA in 3 weeks ago? I didnt even get an invite to do supplement until mid august.

Mid August is 3 weeks ago :). lol I hope I can get an interview. :xf: and I wish we all get accepted :)

WOW you sent your Touro CA in 3 weeks ago? I didnt even get an invite to do supplement until mid august.

Mid August is 3 weeks ago :). lol I hope I can get an interview. :xf: and I wish we all get accepted :)

yea i have buddies that go there and they really like it there.

i sent in my supp this morning. hopefully it goes through smoothly.:xf:

I am trying to finish my supp for Touro NY. But for the prereq form, my chem class has separate grades for 3 lectures and 3 labs (so 6 courses in total) but there's only space to list 5 courses. Anyone know what I should do?

I emailed Touro NY but no one's replying :mad:

I am trying to finish my supp for Touro NY. But for the prereq form, my chem class has separate grades for 3 lectures and 3 labs (so 6 courses in total) but there's only space to list 5 courses. Anyone know what I should do?

I emailed Touro NY but no one's replying :mad:

i just fit 5.
they said their prereq worksheet is just for reference.

urghh i just realized that Touro NY requires 4.5-6 quarter hours of Biochem, and I only took one biochem class so I only have 4 quarter hours. Does the .5 even matter? I don't think I can fit one more biochem into my schedule ..

Last edited:
urghh i just realized that Touro NY requires 4.5-6 quarter hours of Biochem, and I only took one biochem class so I only have 4 quarter hours. Does the .5 even matter? I don't think I can fit one more biochem into my schedule ..

If you taken molecular biology, that is your additional units.

Has anyone called to see if your supplemental app has been received?
Cuz I emailed touro but I haven't gotten a reply.

are you refering to touro CA or NY. CA is relatively good with their communications. If you contact Crisselle Garrido, she will usually email you back within a day or two. NY is a whole different story...:laugh:

They emailed me once my supplemental app was in. Getting a email reply from them can take between 1-4 days in my experience. Did you email them the supp or did you mail it in?