Touro Vallejo (CA) anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ntoriusyaz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a letter today saying they want me to submit a supplemental! However, I guess my Physio class didn't meet their anatomy req so they said i have to take another 4 unit human anatomy class.

Anyone else here heard from them? Also, how many of you have Touro as your first choice...people I've talked to have it more of a backup...I just want to get in somewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a letter today saying they want me to submit a supplemental! However, I guess my Physio class didn't meet their anatomy req so they said i have to take another 4 unit human anatomy class.

Anyone else here heard from them? Also, how many of you have Touro as your first choice...people I've talked to have it more of a backup...I just want to get in somewhere.

What's your PharmCAS mailing date? and your stats? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
my mailing date was 7/27 and i have a 3.3 overall gpa, my science gpa is a bit higher. Iv'e been working in a pharmacy since march, a few ec, and virtually no volunteer work.

Great job on the Supplemental App! Is Touro your first choice? Close to home?

vallejo is ghetto

haha but congrats anyway :thumbup:

Great job on the Supplemental App! Is Touro your first choice? Close to home?

i go to ucla and am from socal. i really don't have a top choice right now. somewhere in cali would be nice...

u guys have a BS yet? if u dont at the time of the interview..u will automatically be waitlisted at the mid status.

u guys have a BS yet? if u dont at the time of the interview..u will automatically be waitlisted at the mid status.

i will get my bs in june of 2008...i havent even started my senior year yet. they won't wait list me if i plan on getting one will they?:scared:

Last edited:
I don't believe this to be true. I know several people that got in who applied for admissions for Fall 2007 and got in when they recieved their degree in June 2007. It all depends on your stats and overall application.

Is this wait-listed status enforced prior to interviews? or post-interviews?

lol so what, they're culturally far apart. I just advise anyone planning to move to Vallejo to SERIOUSLY do some research on neighborhoods and where to live. Not doing so can result in some...yeah....bad times.

Same with SF...it's a pretty safe city. Also, it's like most big cities....don't be stupid, and you'll be fine. Just don't accidentally end up in Oakland :(:(:(

lol so what, they're culturally far apart. I just advise anyone planning to move to Vallejo to SERIOUSLY do some research on neighborhoods and where to live. Not doing so can result in some...yeah....bad times.

Same with SF...it's a pretty safe city. Also, it's like most big cities....don't be stupid, and you'll be fine. Just don't accidentally end up in Oakland :(:(:(

Yea I agree, but my bf goes to touro and he lives in vallejo and it really isn't that bad, there's a newly remodel section that is actuall safe. The bad part of moving to SF or somewhere far you would need to cross 2 tolls paying $4 each (it will go up) everyday. Also stay away from richmond!!

I got the letter too. They said I am deficient in Micro (4 units). But I took the Mircrobiolgy class (no lab) at UCI. Anyone know if it includes lab?

I got the letter too. They said I am deficient in Micro (4 units). But I took the Mircrobiolgy class (no lab) at UCI. Anyone know if it includes lab?

"4 semester/6 quarter units of Microbiology with lab"
Looks like you need the lab portion also.

i applied last year, interviewed in january and got accepted 3 weeks later. i didn't get my BS yet since I was in my fourth year of school (i got it this past june).

so there's hope!

I have not received anything from Touro, PharmCAS mailing date is Aug 06.

Yea I agree, but my bf goes to touro and he lives in vallejo and it really isn't that bad, there's a newly remodel section that is actuall safe. The bad part of moving to SF or somewhere far you would need to cross 2 tolls paying $4 each (it will go up) everyday. Also stay away from richmond!!

OK... I agree that staying away from Richmond is probably a good idea. El Cerrito is a nice alternative with some decent housing. It's probably 20-30 minutes from Vallejo depending on traffic. There is a $4 bridge toll to think about unless you can find a way to carpool in the a.m. You don't have to pay the toll going the other way. SF is WAAAAAYYYY expensive and the commute would be tough. Bay Bridge traffic can be rough.

Oakland isn't all bad, but the nicer parts are further away. Vallejo can be quite ghetto, but I think if you stay around Mare Island, you'll be ok. There are some decent parts of Vallejo, but I don't know as much about Vallejo as I do other parts of the Bay Area.

If I don't get into a school for 2008, I'll probably apply to Touro for 2009.

Oooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::smuggrin: