TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hii, congratulations on your acceptance. I was looking for a roommate too, do you have a specific area that you're looking to live?

Thank you!! awesome, well I was looking into the upper east side, or a nice part of harlem. What were you thinking?

Members don't see this ad.

Our orientation is on 14th and classes start the next day. Obed said that the director is still in the process of making up our class schedule and will e-mail us once he is finished. I recall from my interview that the summer session ends in mid august.

Thanks Sam5009. It would be nice if we could organize a time to meet up, get to know each other a bit and then meet up with a realtor to look at places. Orientation is on June 14th, so if we are going to do this we should meet up sometime during the the week of May 17th/24th? Whoever is interested in this proposal feel free to join in.

Im in!

Members don't see this ad :)
let's plan definitely for the week of the 17th. i'm trying to think of an easy way to plan this? even just to get a group together and set a date...

Does everyone have facebook? Maybe we can start a group on there so its easier to talk to each other and get to know each other.

let's plan definitely for the week of the 17th. i'm trying to think of an easy way to plan this? even just to get a group together and set a date...

I graduate the 17th so I can't do that day, but I joined the group on facebook!

I can't do the 17th either, I'm hoping that we can do it on Friday, the 21st.

Anyone from the yesterday's interview heard anything so far?...to those who have been accepted....Dr.P...the new director...told us yetd that he has already made the schedule and will be emailing to everyone once the other staff is done looking at it....so it seems the sciences are spread over the yr unlike last year where the summer was the most intense term...anyways...lets see what happens...this waiting really sucks tho :(...btw i was really impressed with the entire Touro's facility..WOW!

anybody know if people in the program last year actually used their textbooks? do we mainly study our notes or we actually hit the books?

Anyone from the yesterday's interview heard anything so far?...to those who have been accepted....Dr.P...the new director...told us yetd that he has already made the schedule and will be emailing to everyone once the other staff is done looking at it....so it seems the sciences are spread over the yr unlike last year where the summer was the most intense term...anyways...lets see what happens...this waiting really sucks tho :(...btw i was really impressed with the entire Touro's facility..WOW!

I head back some time in the evening the day after my interview. good luck!

woohoo! congrats! i've been asking EVERYONE for tips about housing in nyc, and all i've taken away is be prepared to pay a lot...but after your response is received by the admissions office, you'll get an email with places and people to contact regarding housing.

anyone interested in looking at housing/having roommates?

Hi Sam are you still interested in roommates? I Don't know if anyone on here is on the facebook page but please let me know if you are then we can talk there

I'm wait-listed :rolleyes:..good thing they got bak to me really quick...now i can go back studying for the mcat....if one of you already received the book list can u please pm it to me...thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats, guys. I also got accepted just yesterday. im going to turn in my acceptance response tonight.

i posted this on the facebook group, but i too am also interested in looking for a place to stay and people to possibly room with.

let me know if you have any information helpful for this topic. thanks and i look forward to meeting you all.

I don't know if anybody else felt this way but something I wanted to mention that I found odd at my interview:

When the director was asked about how many students actually matriculate into the DO program from this program, he said that he wasn't so sure about the stats. that's shady, how do you not have those stats ready from last year?

I don't know if anybody else felt this way but something I wanted to mention that I found odd at my interview:

When the director was asked about how many students actually matriculate into the DO program from this program, he said that he wasn't so sure about the stats. that's shady, how do you not have those stats ready from last year?

I think b/c the class still has to graduate..end of this month?...at my interview..Obed said something like 50% of them are making it into DO...n they were still not done with the entire stats...but yeah in way they should have the correct #s by now....:confused:

I'm pretty sure when I asked him the same question he told me that he thinks about 60% of the class was going to step right into the DO program. He said there were a few students that are borderline and they have to wait for this semesters scores to see if they made it or not. Also, he said they all still have to take the comprehensive exam. But his guess was about 60%.

I'd ask Vertigo328 as he has a pretty good idea of what went on last year and what is probably going to pan out this year. It was pretty complicated from what I was told and I'm not sure if my own understanding of what happened/resulted is 100% accurate since I was told down a pipeline.

is it too late to apply for the program starting in the fall??

The Master Program begins June 14th. Obed told me the other day that there are 43 students out of 45 seats, so I think it is too late. The deadline was May 1st.

Hi guys! I just applied to the program and was wondering for the students that were accepted to the masters program what their stats were and what the program is looking for in an applicant? i have a 2.7 science gpa and 3.0 cumulative. any suggestions and advice? much appreciated!

I have tried emailing the people who run this program to no avail.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the fax number for Touro's MSMHS program? The (707) 638-5257 number provided on the website is actually a physician's office number.

How did you apply to the masters program? I emailed the email on the website but never got a response. Am I missing something? :confused:

Same here. I wrote them off because they just don't respond. Sort of sad, because that completely turned me off to the place.

HA so they finally emailed me today three weeks later. Don't know whether or not to respond. Did you get anything?

Nope! But I'd rather go to another program in another state than to Touro-COM which is only quick train ride away, allows me to keep my apartment and stay in NYC. I would love to stay here in the city, but I'm not sure if they are worth it. At least when they show that they lack a certain degree of professionalism, it brings such thoughts to mind.

yeah the email told me to call for a "quick phone interview" before i get an application, which seems kind of backwards don't ya think? i don't care i already got into midwestern's masters program, which is closer to me anyways. let me know if u end up applying to that one :D

I'll pass on the Touro-COM post-bac. Anyhow, good luck to you at Midwestern. BTW have you thought about the program at LECOM. From what I hear, their post-bacc program is solid and somewhat of a conditional acceptance. Check it out.

Last edited:
Has anyone found out how much the tuition is for this program and has anyone been able to contact anyone to request an application. I keep calling and the one time I got someone they hung up on me and I really don't think it was a correct number.

Has anyone found out how much the tuition is for this program and has anyone been able to contact anyone to request an application. I keep calling and the one time I got someone they hung up on me and I really don't think it was a correct number.

Not sure, no one ever returned my emails. And I cannot find much information online either. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are still trying to get it together over there.

This program is a great opportunity. I'm getting ready to apply now. I believe the tuition is approx. $10,000 to $15,000 for the year.

It's a master's program that DIRECTLY gets you into their DO program.

Not sure, no one ever returned my emails. And I cannot find much information online either. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are still trying to get it together over there.

They finally returned my email and told me to call for an interview. Not feeling as strongly compared to LECOM or PCOM...advantages anyone?

They finally returned my email and told me to call for an interview. Not feeling as strongly compared to LECOM or PCOM...advantages anyone?

Hey, better late than never... I guess. I'd go with the program that gives you the best chance of achieving your goal, and one that you can put some trust and faith into. Which of the 3 that may be is up to you.

Has anyone applied to this program for the 2011-2012 cycle?

This program is a great opportunity. I'm getting ready to apply now. I believe the tuition is approx. $10,000 to $15,000 for the year.

It's a master's program that DIRECTLY gets you into their DO program.

Hey I went into Mr. Figueroa's office to drop off my application and he told me the exact tuition cost for this year and it is set to $18000.

Has anyone applied to this program for the 2011-2012 cycle?

I just sent all my info in on Friday. When did you submit your stuff? Does anyone know how long it takes for them to process applications and send out interview requests? Has anyone been accepted yet? Any info on the program would be helpful :)

How did you all receive an application? I requested one 2 weeks ago and no one has responded. What's with that?

I just sent all my info in on Friday. When did you submit your stuff? Does anyone know how long it takes for them to process applications and send out interview requests? Has anyone been accepted yet? Any info on the program would be helpful :)

Did they receive your letter of rec yet. I know my app was on hold for a while cause they didn't receive my letter of rec.

Did they receive your letter of rec yet. I know my app was on hold for a while cause they didn't receive my letter of rec.

How did you get an application? Is there some kind of special password or secret telephone number one has to call in order to elicit a response? Every other school I contacted responded within one or two business days tops. I don't get it.

How did you get an application? Is there some kind of special password or secret telephone number one has to call in order to elicit a response? Every other school I contacted responded within one or two business days tops. I don't get it.

Actually yes there is a magic number. You have to get in touch with Lissette Mercado at (646) 981-4602 and also send her an email at [email protected]. Once you send out an email to her she will have an on phone interview with you. She is really chill so don't worry about the on phone interview. Sorry about the late reply.

Actually yes there is a magic number. You have to get in touch with Lissette Mercado at (646) 981-4602 and also send her an email at [email protected]. Once you send out an email to her she will have an on phone interview with you. She is really chill so don't worry about the on phone interview. Sorry about the late reply.

It's all good. Thanks for the reply.

I think that they did. Dr. P called me yesterday to discuss my application and told me that a decision should be made within a few days. I am applying out of state. Did anyone out of state have a formal interview?

Yay!

I'm so excited that this thread is finally picking up, for a moment, I thought I was the only one really looking into this program.

Shheeesh $18,000, I was budgetting for a tad less than this but I guess it's worth it.

I got the info for the Program from Obed... I wonder if I should be calling the number for the phone interview.

Also, i think it's be interesting to know, from people applying, what kind of background everyone is coming from? I.E. postgrad, engineering major... etc.

does anyone know if there is enough financial aid (stafford loans) offered to cover tuition and cost of living, or do we need to take out private loans?

What does Ms. Mercado ask during the phone-screening?

does anyone know if there is enough financial aid (stafford loans) offered to cover tuition and cost of living, or do we need to take out private loans?

I'm wondering the same.... there's so limited information on the program that it's hard to find. I'm still searching. Best bet is just to call and ask. In the meantime, FAFSA should probably be completed.