TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yay!

I'm so excited that this thread is finally picking up, for a moment, I thought I was the only one really looking into this program.

Shheeesh $18,000, I was budgetting for a tad less than this but I guess it's worth it.

I got the info for the Program from Obed... I wonder if I should be calling the number for the phone interview.

Also, i think it's be interesting to know, from people applying, what kind of background everyone is coming from? I.E. postgrad, engineering major... etc.

Hey! I was just accepted into the program! I am super excited to be going to Touro! I am a recent graduate from UF. Major animal science, minor leadership. I have my EMT-B certification as well. Tons of volunteer and hands on training. Anyone else accepted and has any info on tuition, books, class schedule, orientation? I am going to see the school Wednesday, so if I find anything out I will post it on here. Good look to all of those who still need to hear!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I was just accepted into the program!

wow! congratulations thats great! Hopefully there will be some feedback for the rest of us soon. How were you notified of your acceptance, if you dont mind me asking?

wow! congratulations thats great! Hopefully there will be some feedback for the rest of us soon. How were you notified of your acceptance, if you dont mind me asking?

I got an email from Obed. I was told I will be getting a hard copy in the mail as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted too :highfive:

Congrats OrorDO! About how long was it between you sending your materials and receiving an acceptance? Did you visit the school for a formal interview before the acceptance?

Also, when do classes start for this program? I know in the past they had summer sessions, but from some of the above posts it looks like they have gone with a more traditional Fall/Spring schedule. If any past/current students can post some more information regarding the program that would be great. Maybe you can even encourage some of your classmates to jump on the SDN bandwagon and speak their minds as well. It is always good to hear different perspectives.

wow! congratulations thats great! Hopefully there will be some feedback for the rest of us soon. How were you notified of your acceptance, if you don't mind me asking?

Hey everyone! this is my first post on this thread. I got accepted! I'm so excited! looking forward to meeting all of you!

Congrats to everyone who was accepted ! did you guys have a phone interview or personal interview? I just had my phone interview and it was really laid back but I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing lol. Thanks !

Hey I spoke to Mr. Figueroa and he told me that the summer session is optional. I think he said its around a thousand dollars extra for a month before the fall semester starts. They teach anatomy. I also only had my application completed but no news as of yet. How about u?

Congrats OrorDO! About how long was it between you sending your materials and receiving an acceptance? Did you visit the school for a formal interview before the acceptance?

Also, when do classes start for this program? I know in the past they had summer sessions, but from some of the above posts it looks like they have gone with a more traditional Fall/Spring schedule. If any past/current students can post some more information regarding the program that would be great. Maybe you can even encourage some of your classmates to jump on the SDN bandwagon and speak their minds as well. It is always good to hear different perspectives.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted ! did you guys have a phone interview or personal interview? I just had my phone interview and it was really laid back but I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing lol. Thanks !

My interview was over the phone too, and same as yours it was pretty laid back. That isn't a bad thing. As long as you came across pleasant you're good :thumbup:

Hey everyone! this is my first post on this thread. I got accepted! I'm so excited! looking forward to meeting all of you!

Is anyone else on here searching for housing? I'm looking at the prices to live in NY and they are steep! I wonder if the school has an office that recommends satellite housing :confused:

My interview was over the phone too, and same as yours it was pretty laid back. That isn't a bad thing. As long as you came across pleasant you're good :thumbup:

I just had my phone interview yesterday ... how much longer after your interview did you hear from them? I really wanna go to Touro !!! :banana::banana::banana:lol

I just had my phone interview yesterday ... how much longer after your interview did you hear from them? I really wanna go to Touro !!! :banana::banana::banana:lol

Congrats! How long was it after you sent your materials that you received a call/email for an interview? Do you guys mind sharing stats? Feel free to PM me if you're cool with that.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hey Belleafrique, they actually emailed me two days later to let me know their decision. I hope you get in too! Nice name btw, Are you a francophone ?? My family is originally from the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Congrats! How long was it after you sent your materials that you received a call/email for an interview? Do you guys mind sharing stats? Feel free to PM me if you're cool with that.

thanks! About a week, they were supposed to receive my app last Thur

Hey Belleafrique, they actually emailed me two days later to let me know their decision. I hope you get in too! Nice name btw, Are you a francophone ?? My family is originally from the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Oh ok cool! I'm pretty sure some of my letters of rec are on the way still though... hmm
and thanks! No I'm actually from Nigeria :)...but that is cool!

They replied to me about 2 weeks after I sent my application in :)

They replied to me about 2 weeks after I sent my application in :)

So if they received my completed application a week ago...should I expect to hear from them sometime this week or should I give them a call? I know Mr. Obed is in the process of retiring so I've heard it's really disorganized...

So if they received my completed application a week ago...should I expect to hear from them sometime this week or should I give them a call? I know Mr. Obed is in the process of retiring so I've heard it's really disorganized...

Retiring?... lucky him; he looks pretty young still! Anyhow, maybe this is why no one has replied to my emails as of late. I was wondering if I was unlucky and hit a vacation week or something. LOL! I'm sure it has to be quite busy this time of the year though, so, patient I remain.

Retiring?... lucky him; he looks pretty young still! Anyhow, maybe this is why no one has replied to my emails as of late. I was wondering if I was unlucky and hit a vacation week or something. LOL! I'm sure it has to be quite busy this time of the year though, so, patient I remain.

Yup, Lisette Mercado told me he was in the process of retiring...

As far as emails, they've been really bad at getting back to my emails too. Try calling them? They're a little better at that :)

hey everyone

I RECEIVED MY ACCEPTANCE EMAIL !!! YAY !!!!!!!!!! :biglove::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::highfive::highfive::banana::banana::banana:

now to find an apt/roomates in the city -- im soo excited !!!

I'd suggest calling x2544 .. Cheri Hunter, she is usually available

Is there a facebook group for our year yet? If not we should make one! :)

hey everyone

I RECEIVED MY ACCEPTANCE EMAIL !!! YAY !!!!!!!!!! :biglove::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::highfive::highfive::banana::banana::banana:

now to find an apt/roomates in the city -- im soo excited !!!

CONGRATS!! I RECEIVED MINE TODAY TOO! (I was called for an interview today as well. They got back to me really fast.)

Are you considering the preview anatomy course in July?

hey everybody !!

I got my acceptance today !!! So excited to get started and meet everybody. Do we have a facebook group yet? Has anyone started looking for apartments yet?

CONGRATS!! I RECEIVED MINE TODAY TOO! (I was called for an interview today as well. They got back to me really fast.)

Are you considering the preview anatomy course in July?

thank you! congrats to you as well !! :)
where did you see information about the course ??

hey everybody !!

I got my acceptance today !!! So excited to get started and meet everybody. Do we have a facebook group yet? Has anyone started looking for apartments yet?

yay congrats !!
I don't think there is a facebook group yet & I was looking for apartments tonight ... looks like best bet is at least a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment

yay congrats !!
I don't think there is a facebook group yet & I was looking for apartments tonight ... looks like best bet is at least a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment

Thanks for the heads up belleafrique.... If I'm not mistaken Dr.Pranken told me that he was going to create a type of listserve for everybody in the program but I'm not sure.

hey everybody !!

Congratulations!

thank you! congrats to you as well !! :)
where did you see information about the course ??

Actually, a friend of mine told me about the course and then during my interview, I asked about it a little bit too. He said he definitely recommends it. It's a 4 weeks anatomy course that doesn't count towards our GPA beginning in July...It costs $1000 more to the tuition.

Congrats to everyone who's heard back already.

I'm so anxious!! :xf:

@Lilyflower207 - interesting Ill have to look into that

@iamshedoctor - thanks & good luck !!

is anyone else planning to go to the tour/event on Thur, June 16? About becoming a doctor in Harlem?

yay congrats !!

I've been looking for places too and the prices are sky high! I'm headed up to NY this weekend to check out places. Would any girls on here be willing to room together and split on an apartment?????

I think it would be a good idea, we'll all have the same work load, so that would allow us to study together! :clap:

Hello Everyone,

There is a FB group for the TOUROCOM Masters class, its a private group. It was organized by Obed since March but now that he is leaving, there is noone to add you guys in. So if you are interested in joining the rest of the students that have already been admitted send me a PM with your info and I can add you.

I've been looking for places too and the prices are sky high! I'm headed up to NY this weekend to check out places. Would any girls on here be willing to room together and split on an apartment?????

I think it would be a good idea, we'll all have the same work load, so that would allow us to study together! :clap:
Thank you! I am interested in rooming! I will PM you

I didn't hear about this tour/event. Do you have the details?

its on the website under student news/events :

Information Session: Become a Doctor in Harlem Presentation & Tour of the facility
Place: 230 West 125th Street, New York, NY, 2nd Floor
Dates: May 12th & 26th, June 16th & 30th, July 14th & 28th, August 4th & 18th
Time: 5 PM
RSVP: Ms. Cherie Hunter: [email protected] or (212) 851-1199 ext. 2544

I want to go next thur! (june 16)

its on the website under student news/events :

Information Session: Become a Doctor in Harlem Presentation & Tour of the facility
Place: 230 West 125th Street, New York, NY, 2nd Floor
Dates: May 12th & 26th, June 16th & 30th, July 14th & 28th, August 4th & 18th
Time: 5 PM
RSVP: Ms. Cherie Hunter: [email protected] or (212) 851-1199 ext. 2544

I want to go next thur! (june 16)

oh wow. sounds pretty cool! but i don't think i can make it to NY next thurs :( That's really soon! (maybe I can make it to the june 30th one...definitely have to look into it. thanks!

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted, I was also accepted to this program and was wondering what people are doing about housing. How are you all finding roomates if needed and I would be interested in rooming with people for the upcoming school year.

Hey for anyone who has been through this program, how hard is it to get through with the 3.5?

how hard is it to maintain a 3.5.....

how hard was it to get into the program itself?

Anyone care to share stats and numbers? I'm soooo nervous. I wonder if they are contacting out of staters first and coming back to grab us New Yorkers after; it seems (I could be wrong)most people who were accepted as of now are out of staters.

:xf: Here's hoping.

@belleafrique

The info sessions are just general tours and info about the school. It was actually through the tour given by Obed that I found out about this program (I did one earlier in the year).

It was pretty informative and informal info. Mostly about what makes Touro Harlem stand out from other schools.

@belleafrique

The info sessions are just general tours and info about the school. It was actually through the tour given by Obed that I found out about this program (I did one earlier in the year).

It was pretty informative and informal info. Mostly about what makes Touro Harlem stand out from other schools.

yea I thought so. Ive never been to the school though so I figured it'd be a good opportunity to look around. Thanks for the info :]

I'm reading a lot about Harlem, but not seeing much about Touro-CA MSMHS program... the little feedback I got from it has been bad.. can anyone talk a bit more about MSMHS? pros and cons?

I'm reading a lot about Harlem, but not seeing much about Touro-CA MSMHS program... the little feedback I got from it has been bad.. can anyone talk a bit more about MSMHS? pros and cons?

I think this specific thread is all about the TouroCOM - Harlem Program. There might be another one for Touro-CA ;)

hey guys,

Has anyone heard back from Touro since sending in the response email. I know they have been busy at the school but I just wanted to see if they had gotten back to anyone yet.

hey guys,

Has anyone heard back from Touro since sending in the response email. I know they have been busy at the school but I just wanted to see if they had gotten back to anyone yet.

All I got was a follow up email with my student number on it. I tried to call Mrs. Kopeland a few times about handing in my immunizations record and I have gotten no answer and no call back. Does anyone know when fees are due and how much?

All I got was a follow up email with my student number on it. I tried to call Mrs. Kopeland a few times about handing in my immunizations record and I have gotten no answer and no call back. Does anyone know when fees are due and how much?

Thanks for the heads up. I sent in my response to the email that the acceptance came in but I still haven't gotten a follow up one with an id number. Clouds22 who from admissions sent that one to you?

hey guys,

Hey, I actually wanted to know the same thing. I emailed my response form back to the school (scanned it in) and I haven't yet received my student number or any reply. I know they got it though because I asked Lisette Mercado.... How long does it take to get the student number?