Tourocom-ny secondary or How To Recycle My Primary In Ten Easy Steps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

girlsporty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, this has been brought up in the Touro-ny thread a while back, but I'm kinda stuck. Their secondary statement seems very well answered by my primary statement. Do I overlap? Do I talk about completely different subjects?

Advice? Thoughts? Jokes?

Many many thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

My primary statement was pretty much just about my desire to be a D.O., and how I first became interested in medicine. My secondary was more focused towards why Touro is the place for me, and I described a couple of my shadowing experiences. I haven't been invited for an interview, though, so take that for what it's worth.

I would overlap a little if you have to, but maybe elaborate on different things than were thoroughly discussed in your primary.

GOOD LUCK!

it took me a while to write this one down as well, but when I finally had my secondary done, it actually didn't repeat anything from my primary. I felt this was my turn to let them know what I've been doing since I filled out my primary back in june. So other than my interest in DO, the rest of my secondary was completely different from my primary. Think of it this way - the more they know about you from these essays, the better picture they can paint of you as a person. The more you repeat yourself, the less they have to work with. Hope that helps. Good luck :)

Thanks! by the way, good luck after your interview today!