TPR Verbal

twinklz

Lover of Lagomorphs
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2003
North Carolina
On the first TPR verbal I got an 8, and as an English major I was shocked and appalled. On the real thing I got a 13, and I hadn't "studied" for it in between time (well...other than what was required from my English classes). Hope that makes you feel better.

About the Ads

premed

15+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2002
HAAAR-vard of the West
  1. Medical Student
The Verbal workbook by TPR is very similar to the real thing. I think it has a bunch of practice passages followed by 4 verbal section tests in the back. TPR is by far the best test prep company (with the exception of Exam Krackers...they only offer classes in the East coast from what I've heard, but the books are awesome).

size_tens

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2003
I think the TPR verbal is significantly different from the actual MCAT. In general TPR has much more of those "read and search for answer" type questions. The real thing is based much more on understanding of the passage and conceptual ideas. For what it's worth I scored 10-11 on most TPR verbal sections and 12 on the 4/03 MCAT.

premed

15+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2002
HAAAR-vard of the West
  1. Medical Student
Originally posted by lotanna
Didnt like TPR verbal, Examkrackers is best verbal option!

Yea...that's what I meant. Here is how I think the prep companies rank:

1. Exam Krackers
2. TPR
3. Kaplan
4. Other [email protected]
5. Some more [email protected]
6. Berkeley (BTW, Todd's an @$$)

If you guys have any questions PM me. I was involved with alot of MCAT test prep stuff.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.