Traffic Ticket?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Add in the fact that internet trolls have personality defects on display even when on on the internet.

Poor driving skills and poor judgement, case in point. You were going 140mph, on a public, American freeway (and not even one in the middle of the desert, going that fast in the middle of nevada with a 10 mile visibility could be excused, imo. Only person getting hurt is yourself), in the rain. The autobahn has a 120kph speed limit that comes into effect (and is universally followed) in inclement weather, for good reason.

Actually, the Admissions deans do, and and we faculty members have friends at other schools. I know people at MUCOM, Touro-CA, TUNCOM, and LECOM, just to name just a few. Start thinking about Plan B. A couple of years in the military will go a long way toward helping you both grow up and be a more attractive candidate.

EDIT: Admissions deans also read SDN. I know my wily old Admissions dean does!

@Goro I'll probably be applying to all the DO schools next application round. If you see one with a misdemeanor traffic violation, you'll know who it is! lol do DO adcom members communicate inter-university-aly?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Add in the fact that internet trolls have personality defects on display even when on on the internet.

See, what I am curious about is how their personality defects compare in person vs. online. Like is OP, in reality, the annoying driver in a satin brown camry driving 54mph in the left lane, because he's terrified of speeding, while the trucks pass on the right at 75.

For starters:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...rolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886914000324

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24322012

See, what I am curious about is how their personality defects compare in person vs. online. Like is OP, in reality, the annoying driver in a satin brown camry driving 54mph in the left lane, because he's terrified of speeding, while the trucks pass on the right at 75.

Members don't see this ad :)

I actually don't agree with this. I believe it's the anonymity of the internet that causes this to occur so frequently, not a sudden increase in sadism and psychopathy. On the internet you can just see the humour in working people into a tizzy and experience none of the guilt. I'd wager that very few trolls are legitimately sadists or psychopaths, just kids with immature streaks.

The problem with this study is that they gave a questionnaire to people on the internet who self-identify as trolls, and then asked them to rate how highly they agree with statements like "I enjoy hurting people" (looked up the full text of the article). People who consider them trolls would obviously rank this very highly because they think it would be funny to do so. Why would a troll not troll an online questionnaire? Seems like a pretty significant flaw to assume that people who lie on the internet for fun would answer your internet questions truthfully.

I guarantee if they had a text box to express their feelings at the end of the quiz, you'd end up with statements like "Every night I smear mayonnaise on my body and sacrifice a cocker spaniel to Poseidon, oh Great Sea God I pray to thee!". Very disturbing to a psychologist, completely unsurprising and tame to anyone who has ever been on reddit.

Reactions: 3 users
I actually don't agree with this. I believe it's the anonymity of the internet that causes this to occur so frequently, not a sudden increase in sadism and psychopathy. On the internet you can just see the humour in working people into a tizzy and experience none of the guilt. I'd wager that very few trolls are legitimately sadists or psychopaths, just kids with immature streaks.

The problem with this study is that they gave a questionnaire to people on the internet who self-identify as trolls, and then asked them to rate how highly they agree with statements like "I enjoy hurting people" (looked up the full text of the article). People who consider them trolls would obviously rank this very highly because they think it would be funny to do so. Why would a troll not troll an online questionnaire? Seems like a pretty significant flaw to assume that people who lie on the internet for fun would answer your internet questions truthfully.

I guarantee if they had a text box to express their feelings at the end of the quiz, you'd end up with statements like "Every night I smear mayonnaise on my body and sacrifice a cocker spaniel to Poseidon, oh Great Sea God I pray to thee!". Very disturbing to a psychologist, completely unsurprising and tame to anyone who has ever been on reddit.

In real life in the most respectful kid you'd ever met. But online... .... ....

9de.gif

It wasn't a T-bone. I cut them off and they swerved a bit and we had a little collision before they rolled off the road....
Dude, the way you're phrasing this makes it sound like "meh, it was no big deal, my car barely suffered any damage"
Then your ticket says "Injury to another with serious bodily harm". Maybe the fact that you are emphasizing the 'little collision' instead of the person you put in the hospital is why people are reacting so poorly. You have to own both. Hell, you didn't even admit that there was a crash at the beginning, never mind that someone else was seriously hurt.

If I were an adcom and you framed something as a speeding ticket and I later found out it was an accident where your reckless driving under poor conditions put another human in the hospital, you'd be done just for the way you tried to pull one over on me, never mind the actual event.

Why do you guys always hijack my topics? This thread was talking about traffic tickets, not the correletion between trolling and psych issues.

/THREAD

Why do you guys always hijack my topics? This thread was talking about traffic tickets, not the correletion between trolling and psych issues.

/THREAD
Because it turned out the thread wasn't about a speeding ticket, but about putting a person in the hospital and then seeming not to give a flying frak. That leads nicely into psych issues.

Does the traffic ticket mention 140mph or just "over 80 on the highway"?

No one knows I hit 140 that day...except you guys.

Then, in general, I don't think you're going to get rejected for getting in a wreck while speeding (does it even say that much?). You probably shouldn't have made this thread though. Thats pretty dangerous. I'd go back and delete all identifying information and hope it dies.

/THREAD

Alright time to make you understand some basic etiquette.... I doubt you'll understand but I'll bite.

Threads don't simply end when you say it does. We aren't servants your family bought for you on a silver spoon.

Threads don't get closed simply when a question gets answered. If that were true all threads even a few days ago would be locked, but that's silly since some people come back with follow up questions, want to contribute, or call you out on your ridiculousness that is your irresponsible point of view. You have a problem with claiming responsibility and play it off as if it's light. Not sure what you expected with that violation. Same with your other thread.... just because you have a silver spoon doesn't mean you won't choke on one. You don't like it? Don't come back.

Mods are human too, so they don't close every thread when every person asks for it. Some may be volunteers, but even if they aren't they have their own lives to attend to (like actually being a doctor for instance). You must also recognize that getting banned once before in the span of a day doesn't really make you credible either when you try to make claims. The way you speak and your point of view screams entitlement and spoiled, and I don't want to get any of that on me.

Fortunately for both of us I'll probably never have to see you from Canada. Do your potential patients a favour and take that silver spoon out of your mouth....

Reactions: 1 user