1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Training Programs for CPE ONLY (no TOEFL, no BSCE, no NAVLE)

Discussion in 'Veterinary' started by maksara, Jan 10, 2014.

1. GabyC

Hello! First of all, I’d like to congratulate you for all the effort you put on the process!! I really find this very helpful because I’m feeling very nervous just by thinking about it. I’m currently working as a vet technician, the doctor, owner of the place I’m working, is encouraging me to get the license. But I’m afraid of few things, and one of them, is the clinical experience that I have (or don’t have) specially with large animals. Is it possible for you to tell me where you did the non paid externship? I’m also thinking about how to get experience in surgery. I’ll start studying before applying to Pave or ECFVG program.

maksara likes this.
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. its_ketch

4. its_ketch

Hi Maksara, can you please share the link to your compiled youtube videos for your CPE prep? Thank you.

maksara likes this.
  5. maksara

2+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Hi Indvet,

Did you take the CPE last year? how did it go? If you dont mind please find an afternoon to post here your experience training for the test, what materials did you use to study and where did you go train? We woul appreciate it!

6. maksara

2+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Hello,

Did you take the test already how did it go? do you mind posting in the thread what was your training experience for the test? Thanks!
    Maksara

7. maksara

2+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    What are the changes?

8. maksara

2+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Hii,

Did you take the test already? how did it go? do you mind posting in the thread what was your training experience for the test? ThankS!
    Maksara

9. maksara

2+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Hii,

Did you take the test alreadyi? how did it go? do you mind posting in the thread what was your training experience for the test? ThankS!
    Maksara

10. maksara

2+ Year Member

Veterinarian

Hii

Did you take the CPE already? how did it go? do you mind posting in the thread what was your training experience for the test? ThankS!
    Maksara

11. maksara

2+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Hi Gaby,

Where are you in the process? My recommendation is to take things by steps... first take your toefl and then the BSCE, dont worry about the things ahead. When you are ready for CPE, then come back and there are many places you can go to train/shadow.

Best of luck!
    Maksara

12. maksara

2+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Message me privately

13. maksara

2+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Hello everyone,

Im sorry I have been away lately... after I passed the CPE I matched and compelled a small animal rotating internship and then was hired as an associate at a very very busy practice. Now im back here, wanted to continue to help all of you. Where is everyone at in the process? In case you guys dont have my CPE videos playlist:

CPE - YouTube

Im also recovering the necropsy video! Msg me privately soon!
    Good luck and hope to hear from all of you soon. And if you already passed then write a post about your training and experience!
    Maksara

Ritchie likes this.
  14. brownkilla

Veterinarian
    Hey guys. I've been preparing for the CPE and plan to take it this year. After reading the positive posts about Lat36, ill be going there for training of the bovine and equine portions later this year. I work at a clinic in my city, so I get practice with radiology, anesthesiology and small animal medicine so im pretty confident on those sections. Ill be asking the local SPCA society if I can get practice at doing spays and even a necropsy if thats possible. If that doesn't workout, I might go to Humane Alliance In North Carolina for practice.

15. Keep_going_

Veterinarian
    Doctor, would you mind if I ask you some information about the small animal section and anesthesia?
    I am reading MOA and the appendices but It is difficult for me to know how to write the forms and there was no example too...

16. maksara

2+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Hi Keep going,

I think you should message brownkilla privately and perhaps you guys can set something up... good luck!

17. Karen1602

Veterinarian
    Hi, good afternoon, did you pass the exam? any advice, or notes where i can study!!
    Thanks!

18. Basja

Hello everyone! I’m scheduled for cpe in October. Does anyone know how do we suppose to open heart for necropsy? I found different ways and can’t figure out which one is the best.
    Thanks!