Transcripts for quarter system

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rrmix

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should you submit your transcript before spring grades or not? What are the pros and cons

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I submitted mine with just my winter grades and updated the schools on my secondaries with my spring grades.

Pro:
Early submission

Con:
they might feel you don't have enough units. This personally wasn't an issue for me since I was already senior standing units wise at the beginning of my junior year.

I was going to make a new thread on this, but I found this one.

Is there a consensus on this? My Spring quarter grades won't be officially posted until ~June 20th, so that would be the earliest that I could go to request an official transcript and have it sent out to AMCAS. I'm not sure if I should go ahead and send in my current transcript without my Spring quarter grades in order to submit earlier or if it's worth delaying submission to get a full transcript sent with my primary application.

The quarter system sucks for traditional applicants :/ This quarter is super busy for me and I'm trying to put everything together for AMCAS!

Members don't see this ad :)
If there was a possibility that your GPA will be higher after Spring quarter grades are posted than it is after Winter quarter, then I'd say that the delay would be worth it. If not, submit asap rather than waiting.

Also take into account whether a critical prerequisite will be on the later transcript. For example, if you got a C in Chem II, but will have an A in Ochem, you might want to wait.

And be sure you already have the equivalent of 90 semester hours on your transcript, since many schools require that minimum.