Transcripts

2011yes

Nov 12, 2010
  1. Pre-Dental
    Not sure what to do.
    I have an old transcript in interfolio but I took a course last semester and had to drop due to my work schedule. Should I submit a new transcript with the W on it and explain in my application or use the old transcript?

Kahr

Moderator Emeritus
    10+ Year Member
    Navy
    Air Force
    Feb 1, 2008
    Okinawa, Japan
    1. Dentist
      I would use updated transcripts. If you're accepted to dental school, you'll be required to have official transcripts sent from your school to them anyway.

I also don't see why you'd need to explain a "W" in your application. Simply be ready to explain if it comes up in an interview.

About the Ads

Kahr

Moderator Emeritus
      10+ Year Member
      Navy
      Air Force
      Feb 1, 2008
      Okinawa, Japan
      1. Dentist
        i have yet to see this request

Midwestern-AZ requires it.

Edit: I believe UW also told us if we were accepted we would be required to send official transcripts. I'm guessing this is something you only find out once you make your deposits post-acceptance.

Judging by your predents, can I assume you were accepted only at UMDNJ? If so, did you put a deposit down but never receive a checklist of required things? Perhaps not all school's require official transcripts sent directly post-acceptance, but the fact is, some do (I double checked some threads, LL, UK, and Baylor also likely do in addition to MWU).

Hmm, now you've got me wondering which schools do in fact do this, think I'll start a thread.

Edit: Thread created, though in it's infancy, it's showing that indeed many schools do make this "request":

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=908595

Last edited:
        This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.