Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2011yes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure what to do.
I have an old transcript in interfolio but I took a course last semester and had to drop due to my work schedule. Should I submit a new transcript with the W on it and explain in my application or use the old transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

I would use updated transcripts. If you're accepted to dental school, you'll be required to have official transcripts sent from your school to them anyway.

I also don't see why you'd need to explain a "W" in your application. Simply be ready to explain if it comes up in an interview.

i have yet to see this request

Midwestern-AZ requires it.

Edit: I believe UW also told us if we were accepted we would be required to send official transcripts. I'm guessing this is something you only find out once you make your deposits post-acceptance.

Judging by your predents, can I assume you were accepted only at UMDNJ? If so, did you put a deposit down but never receive a checklist of required things? Perhaps not all school's require official transcripts sent directly post-acceptance, but the fact is, some do (I double checked some threads, LL, UK, and Baylor also likely do in addition to MWU).

Hmm, now you've got me wondering which schools do in fact do this, think I'll start a thread.

Edit: Thread created, though in it's infancy, it's showing that indeed many schools do make this "request":

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=908595

Last edited: