Transfer Grade AMCAS Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

singergirl18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spent two years at one school and then transferred to another. At the beginning of my second school's transcript, it shows all the classes they accepted for transfer credit. Do I need to list these again on the AMCAS app even after listing them with the grade for the first school? Some of the titles are different. For example, I took Quantitative Methods of Psych at my first school and it was accepted at my second school as Elementary Statistics 1. Do I need to list it again or ignore it?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe so. That is what I have done. because the credit was awarded from University 1 while it is listed on University 2's transcript. You have to have an official transcript from every school at which you have credits on file.

I have an official transcript from each school, and the courses with the grade are listed under University 1. Won't it mess up their credit hour count if I list them under University 2 also?

Members don't see this ad :)
They just call things Communications Elective or Fine Arts Elective on the second transcript for some of them. There is not even a course number since they didn't directly transfer as anything.

This is what I found on the MIT website:
Do not list the course twice. Indicate the school you attended and list the course you took there. Do not list the transfer credit course under courses taken at MIT. AMCAS will verify the transfer credit by reviewing all of the transcripts you submit. Transcripts should be submitted for all college institutions attended, except for courses taken through cross-registration with Harvard or Wellesley as these courses will be included on your official MIT transcript.

As a transfer myself, I actually only listed courses taken at both universities. Was verified without any problems. But you should call up AMCAS and ask.

I did not list transferred credits that came from University 1 on the list of courses listed under University 2.

For example:
Calc I at Community College of Narnia
Intro to English Lit at CCoN

100+ hours of Bio UG at University of Hogwarts

List of courses:
CCoN-
Calc I
Intro to Lit

UoH-
course 1
course 2, etc etc

Wish I went to College of Narnia and University of Hogwarts :p