Transfer (M3)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Necr0sis713

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
edit:
Please delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think even if you graduate from a Caribbean medical school, the glaring red flag of failing out when you were nearly done with M4 at a USMD will put you on almost every program's DNR list. Maybe a PD can chime in but that looks like one of the most massive red flags of a Carib grad you could see.

Reactions: 2 users
I think even if you graduate from a Caribbean medical school, the glaring red flag of failing out when you were nearly done with M4 at a USMD will put you on almost every program's DNR list. Maybe a PD can chime in but that looks like one of the most massive red flags of a Carib grad you could see.

Thanks for chiming in. I’m aware this is a red flag, and an uphill battle. In sum, my goal is to *try* to fix an already difficult situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should not go to a caribbean medical school.

Not trying to call you out, but there's obviously way more to your story than what you are offering up. No way a USMD school dismisses someone after 3.5+ years of medical school due to a failed 4th year rotation, especially someone who was a strong enough candidate to get 20+ residency interviews. That's what you are claiming, right? There must have been other major issues to result in a expulsion at that point in your schooling.

You had your shot at becoming a physician, it sadly did not work out. Going to a caribbean medical school (3rd tier caribbean school at that) will not be your path to redemption.

You got into a USMD school, so you must be an intelligent person. Use that intelligence to build a happy life that doesn't require you being a physician.

You should not go to a caribbean medical school.

Not trying to call you out, but there's obviously way more to your story than what you are offering up. No way a USMD school dismisses someone after 3.5+ years of medical school due to a failed 4th year rotation, especially someone who was a strong enough candidate to get 20+ residency interviews. That's what you are claiming, right? There must have been other major issues to result in a expulsion at that point in your schooling.

You had your shot at becoming a physician, it sadly did not work out. Going to a caribbean medical school (3rd tier caribbean school at that) will not be your path to redemption.

You got into a USMD school, so you must be an intelligent person. Use that intelligence to build a happy life that doesn't require you being a physician.

I laid out all the details that led to my dismissal, whether or not you wish to speculate for other reasons is up to you. I’m just looking for advice regarding the two options mentioned. Thanks for your input anyway.

I didn't see where you laid out your story, sorry, but I can tell you that schools let go of people in their 3rd and 4th years for reasons OTHER than discipline or failing out. It can and does happen. Not getting a US residency is not the worst thing in the world. Irish med students do residencies in Australia, England, Ireland, etc. If you can't do residency here, you can always come back afterwards. 25% or more of practicing US physicians didn't train here.

I didn't see where you laid out your story, sorry, but I can tell you that schools let go of people in their 3rd and 4th years for reasons OTHER than discipline or failing out. It can and does happen. Not getting a US residency is not the worst thing in the world. Irish med students do residencies in Australia, England, Ireland, etc. If you can't do residency here, you can always come back afterwards. 25% or more of practicing US physicians didn't train here.
This is patently false and a ridiculous statement. There are many US physicians that did medical school outside of the US, but >99% of US physicians did residency in the US. Exceptions to allow practicing medicine, in any US state, without completing residency in the US are exceedingly rare.