Transferring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sherry 1361

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear guys,

I accepted in Loma Linda university for dental school and all my family live in Maryland.

Does any of you know if I can apply this year again ? Or is there any transfer option?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Transfers are extremely rare. Extremely.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you drop out to reapply that's going to be a huge red flag to other programs and you will have to tell them. Having your relatives living in another state is not anywhere close to grounds for transferring. My advice: finish up at Loma Linda, try to enjoy your time in another part of the country, and then move back to Maryland when you graduate. The time will go fast.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 2 users
If you drop out to reapply that's going to be a huge red flag to other programs and you will have to tell them. Having your relatives living in another state is not anywhere close to grounds for transferring. My advice: finish up at Loma Linda, try to enjoy your time in another part of the country, and then move back to Maryland when you graduate. The time will go fast.

Big Hoss
Thank you for your response.
I don't want to quit the school. Can I reapplying while I am in D1? to see if I accept in Maryland University or Howard University?
I have no idea if I can do that. or from whom I can get this information?

Thank you for your response.
I don't want to quit the school. Can I reapplying while I am in D1? to see if I accept in Maryland University or Howard University?
I have no idea if I can do that. or from whom I can get this information?
Did you not get accepted by Maryland or Howard last cycle? If so, why do you think you will this go around? Like I said, it's really not going to look good if you drop out of Loma Linda - you will look risky to any other program. Even if you can manage to get into one of the two, you'll almost certainly have to start over as a D1 which means you've lost an entire year's time and tuition. Are you just feeling a bit homesick right now? My best advice for that is to reach out and make some new friends, either inside or outside of the dental school.

Big Hoss

Time will go by extremely fast. As nerve wracking as you think it will be, being away from family, it'll be a nice growing experience.

Last edited:
Howard took a transfer student this year, but its complicated, and the transfer student is super lost because Howard doesnt know what the hell theyre doing. The student has been attending classes for 2 weeks now, unregistered, no supplies, no books, no access to blackboard, emails etc. Everyday faculty is leading the student to dead ends on who to talk to. its a mess