China and Eastern Asia Transferring

Started by PhilAm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PhilAm

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,

The threads on these forums has been a great source to get some vital information although I didn't come across anyone wanting to transfer back to the US (or Carribean) DURING medical school. Can it be done and/or has it been done? What would it take? I'm a native Californian and will be going to UP this June.

or

Does anyone out there think that going to a Carribean Medical School (like St, George or Ross) is more viable to get back to the US than going to the Philippines?

Any help on the matter is much appreciated?
 
PhilAm said:
Hello All,

The threads on these forums has been a great source to get some vital information although I didn't come across anyone wanting to transfer back to the US (or Carribean) DURING medical school. Can it be done and/or has it been done? What would it take? I'm a native Californian and will be going to UP this June.

or

Does anyone out there think that going to a Carribean Medical School (like St, George or Ross) is more viable to get back to the US than going to the Philippines?

Any help on the matter is much appreciated?
You got accepted to UP already Phil-Am? Do you know someone from the admissions staff? I know UP is very very difficult to get into and I hear most years they do not even accept foreigners, and most years only 1 or 2. Do you have a parent who graduated from there. I thought about applying there but decided to change my mind, since people told me it was basically impossible to get into that school even with my 3.7 science GPA and 3.5 cum (Biology major) with a 90th percentile NMAT, since I have no connections with the admissions board. Anyway, if you got into UP, then you should not have a problem with getting into med school here in the states?