Traveling for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anatomicalagb

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Michigan resident and most of my secondaries were from school outside of Michigan, specifically California, Florida and North Carolina. I am wondering, of those of you who have received interviews, how long from when you were notified of an interview to when it was scheduled?

I would love to go to school out of state, but I am on a budget and think driving to California or Florida would be a good option. Hoping I get more than a month's notice so I don't get reamed on flight prices.

Members don't see this ad.

All four interviews I've gotten have been at least one month out

I am a Michigan resident and most of my secondaries were from school outside of Michigan, specifically California, Florida and North Carolina. I am wondering, of those of you who have received interviews, how long from when you were notified of an interview to when it was scheduled?

I would love to go to school out of state, but I am on a budget and think driving to California or Florida would be a good option. Hoping I get more than a month's notice so I don't get reamed on flight prices.

Schools can give everywhere from a few months advance notice to a week.

Don't drive:

1) Waste of energy
2) Florida and California are BIG states. You could potentially have up to a 6 hour drive after you cross the boarder
3) The drive would near 20 - 30+ hours and would have to be split up - so you're adding a night at a hotel in addition to gas
4) Most interviews are conducted on weekdays so flights are typically cheaper, even on tight notice

Reactions: 1 users

It will actually probably be cheaper for you to fly.. I know it sucks I'm dealing with unexpected travel costs too but in the end you're gonna achieve a huge goal of yours by attending these IIs so it's all good!