Traveling to Creighton This Weekend??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Fargoan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody else nervous about the big winter storm? :scared: I don't know if it will reach Omaha or not, but it's supposed to be windy and lots of snow when I leave Fargo at noon on Thursday. I assume it will be bad as I drive through South Dakota. It's supposed to continue snowing through Friday with up to a foot of snow in Fargo and Northeastern South Dakota. ARGH!! I knew trying to travel in March would come back to bite me. I'd rather drive in -30 degree weather. So this is pretty much just me venting. But is anyone considering not traveling? I don't want to snub them, but I don't feel like risking my life for a pharmacy school interview. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Though my trip to Creighton is less than an hour (I live in Lincoln, Nebraska), I think we'll be fine. Perhaps you could leave a little early on Thursday to give yourself some time, but the timing is key because the weather doesn't look rosy for Thursday.

I'll be driving in from Minneapolis which is supposed to get a lot of snow Wed-Fri. I decided to leave Thurs morning instead because by that night there will be at least 6 more inches of blowing snow:scared:. Good luck- drive slow- hope to see you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm driving from Chicago with my brother and sister-in-law...
Hopefully we'll all get there safe and sound.
Good luck, and travel safely!!!!

Well I'll be calling Creighton this morning to ask to reschedule. :( I-29, the major highway I would use the whole way down to Omaha, is already in rough shape according to the South Dakota Dept. of Transportation website. I don't think it will improve in a day or two as it's supposed to snow 3-5 inches every day through Friday. It sucks, but I don't want to risk anything. Creighton will either understand or they won't, and frankly, I don't want a school that doesn't understand this sort of travel nightmare.

I'm sorry to miss it though. Good luck to everyone still going!!

I changed my mind and will not be attending the interview at Creighton as well. The storm predictions keep getting worse and I just found out yesterday that I got in to my other top choice- the University of Minnesota! No need to get myself stuck in the snow on the way there. Good luck to all that go.

PharmAnimal,

CONGRATULATIONS on getting into the U of MN!!! :D It looks like a great program and I'm sure you're relieved to not have to worry about it anymore! Maybe I'll get word today or tomorrow. . . Did you get a letter? Should I stalk my mailman?? I shoveled the stupid street for him (lazy guy won't get out of his vehicle so I literally have to shovel the street in the winter if I want my mail delivered).

I talked to someone in the Creighton Admissions office and she was fine with me missing the interview on Friday. She said I should watch the weather and let her know tomorrow (I don't think my opinion of the weather will improve after shoveling the first 6 inches of snow).

They sent a packet by mail. I just got it yesterday- but considering I only live 2 miles from the campus I'd imagine it will take a bit longer for everyone else to get theirs- especially for those that sometimes have to shovel to even find their mailbox- thanks snowplow!:rolleyes: Is it your top choice for acceptance? They really sold me on what they had to offer at the interview. Hope to see you there.

Well I got the thin envelope today. I'll be placed on the ranked waitlist and will find out my ranking in April. I think if I had been outright accepted I would have had a very tough time choosing between MN and NDSU. We'll see what happens. I'll probably still go to the Creighton interview after I reschedule it.

Well I got the thin envelope today. I'll be placed on the ranked waitlist and will find out my ranking in April. I think if I had been outright accepted I would have had a very tough time choosing between MN and NDSU. We'll see what happens. I'll probably still go to the Creighton interview after I reschedule it.

It looks you made the right call. There's a winter storm dropping multiple inches of snow right now. It's snowing so hard that my classes at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln were canceled today!:D So yeah, getting to Nebraska for tomorrow's interview wouldn't have been fun for you.:)

Yeah I didn't want to become the national news story about "some crazy girl walking to Omaha trying to get to a silly interview." South Dakota has blizzard warnings today so I definitely don't want to drive through that! However, my college refuses to cancel classes :mad:

Yeah I didn't want to become the national news story about "some crazy girl walking to Omaha trying to get to a silly interview." South Dakota has blizzard warnings today so I definitely don't want to drive through that! However, my college refuses to cancel classes :mad:

That's too bad as my college has been known to drag its feet when it comes to canceling classes.:eek:

I knew that it was going to snow today, but I didn't think it would be this bad in Nebraska right now. Though I think my path to Omaha tomorrow will be fine, it's probably better that you reschedule your interview. Knowing Nebraska weather, it'll probably be 60 degrees out in a couple of weeks when you come!:D