Traveling to Interview Tips ? MIZZOU advice needed !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

s.tochastic

UCD c/o 2020
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All-
I got an interview ! Across the Country ) :
I live about 7 hrs from the airport I will be flying out of. My interview is the morning of the 10th. I am house-sitting/ranch sitting until the morning of the 9th.
Right now my plan is to:
Jan 9th :
5AM Feed stock/AM chores( in Humboldt County,CA)
6AM Leave for airport ( ~ 300 miles driving)
1pm : Get to airport (SFO)
3:45 : Flight Leaves
11:30 (local time ) : Arrive in STL
Rent Car, drive to cheap hotel in Columbia, sleep

Jan 10th :
Interview at 9:45 AM in Columbia
Flight back home at 5:50 in STL
Get to SFO gets in at 10:30pm
Drive back to parents house 2 hrs away- sleep

So, I am not sure if I am crazy for coming up with this plan. Any advice ? I don't think I will be bringing enough to need to check a bag, but I am not sure how to keep interview clothes looking nice. I do have an hr layover on both flights.

For the people at Mizzou, any hotel advice ? Looking for cheap and basic. Don't really need anything other than a bed, parking spot and shower. How is the parking situation on campus ?