Mizzou 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there anything in particular you are waiting to hear about them?
I already submitted my fafsa, but still waiting to hear back from mizzou. Ive heard other schools are updating students about their loan info and disbursement info, but I have not heard back from ours
 
I already submitted my fafsa, but still waiting to hear back from mizzou. Ive heard other schools are updating students about their loan info and disbursement info, but I have not heard back from ours
I would recommend reaching out to Angelynn Simenson our financial aid counselor! She would be the most helpful with this
 
I already submitted my fafsa, but still waiting to hear back from mizzou. Ive heard other schools are updating students about their loan info and disbursement info, but I have not heard back from ours
I received a pdf with my acceptance letter that included some basic financial aid information and it said our aid packages with scholarship and loan offers, as well as official tuition rates, would be available mid June
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question about personal pets: does everyone take their own pets to the teaching hospital? Are there student discounts there? I have a dog and cat that are on a few medications and get regular bloodwork because of them, and I'm just trying to figure out how much money I may need to budget for their medical expenses. Thank you!
 
Question about personal pets: does everyone take their own pets to the teaching hospital? Are there student discounts there? I have a dog and cat that are on a few medications and get regular bloodwork because of them, and I'm just trying to figure out how much money I may need to budget for their medical expenses. Thank you!
You definitely can! There is a small student discount of about 20% for the ER fee and then I want to say a 10 or 15% discount for services. Have had to use them overnight for ER once for my chaotic dog when she decided to get chase down and kill a squirrel thay ended up biting her (when i tell ya it was a murder scene in our kitchen 🤦‍♀️) which is why I know that, lol. For primary care though I take her down to Jefferson City Animal Hospital and have been very impressed with them and have loved our short time there so far. They also have a boarded surgeon in case something happens (he also works at MU for surgery when he isn't there) which would be WAY more cost effective than taking her to MU.
If you are looking more in Columbia I would look into Horton Forum, they have a nice 20% discount!
 
You definitely can! There is a small student discount of about 20% for the ER fee and then I want to say a 10 or 15% discount for services. Have had to use them overnight for ER once for my chaotic dog when she decided to get chase down and kill a squirrel thay ended up biting her (when i tell ya it was a murder scene in our kitchen 🤦‍♀️) which is why I know that, lol. For primary care though I take her down to Jefferson City Animal Hospital and have been very impressed with them and have loved our short time there so far. They also have a boarded surgeon in case something happens (he also works at MU for surgery when he isn't there) which would be WAY more cost effective than taking her to MU.
If you are looking more in Columbia I would look into Horton Forum, they have a nice 20% discount!
Thank you so much!!
 
What books will I need throughout my 4 years at Mizzou? One of the doctors at my work is letting me take a look at her old books to see if there’s anything I could use, so if there’s anything I’ll end up needing I would like to take it while I have the chance.
 
What books will I need throughout my 4 years at Mizzou? One of the doctors at my work is letting me take a look at her old books to see if there’s anything I could use, so if there’s anything I’ll end up needing I would like to take it while I have the chance.
For school itself, you shouldn't need any books because we have online pdfs of all of them and your big should pass some VM1 books down to you! If you do want to take some, I could see the benefit of having a histology atlas and a radiology atlas but these are absolutely not required as we have pdfs of them. I would say maybe take some that interest you or that you could see yourself using outside of school
 
For school itself, you shouldn't need any books because we have online pdfs of all of them and your big should pass some VM1 books down to you! If you do want to take some, I could see the benefit of having a histology atlas and a radiology atlas but these are absolutely not required as we have pdfs of them. I would say maybe take some that interest you or that you could see yourself using outside of school
Thank you!!
 
Thank you!!
To add on, the anatomy dissection guide has changed in recent years so if they have one it wouldn't hurt to supplement what you learn but careful on accuracy/class content! If your big does not pass down a hard copy of the dissection guides its nice to have a hard copy to bring into the lab with you for studying!
Other textbooks should be based on your interests/something you know you'll come back to later on as was previous mentioned 😊
 
To add on, the anatomy dissection guide has changed in recent years so if they have one it wouldn't hurt to supplement what you learn but careful on accuracy/class content! If your big does not pass down a hard copy of the dissection guides its nice to have a hard copy to bring into the lab with you for studying!
Other textbooks should be based on your interests/something you know you'll come back to later on as was previous mentioned 😊
Thank you!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a call this morning asking if I'm still interested and that I'm next on the OOS waitlist, but wasn't offered a spot yet. Still deciding if I would accept or not, but does everyone on the waitlist get this call?
 
I got a call this morning asking if I'm still interested and that I'm next on the OOS waitlist, but wasn't offered a spot yet. Still deciding if I would accept or not, but does everyone on the waitlist get this call?
I've only heard that people get the call once they're off the waitlist, not before 🤔
 
I got a call this morning asking if I'm still interested and that I'm next on the OOS waitlist, but wasn't offered a spot yet. Still deciding if I would accept or not, but does everyone on the waitlist get this call?
My guess here would be that they are anticipating offering you a spot soon and that's why they called! Typically if you get a call there is a spot for you
 
My guess here would be that they are anticipating offering you a spot soon and that's why they called! Typically if you get a call there is a spot for you
Ah ok, makes sense. I am still considering if I would accept or not, so I hopefully have time to think about it.
 
On the line item "books and supplies" $495 per semester. Is this pretty accurate since you mentioned the PDFs? Or do you have to pay for the online materials? Just trying to get a decent idea of what all would fall into that category.
 
On the line item "books and supplies" $495 per semester. Is this pretty accurate since you mentioned the PDFs? Or do you have to pay for the online materials? Just trying to get a decent idea of what all would fall into that category.
You shouldn't have to buy any books. Maybeeeee a dissection guide if your big doesn't have one but that won't be $495. The only way I can see you spending that much is if you are getting a laptop or tablet
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad