Trends.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HawaiiMedMan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you guys notice trends with your MCAT practice tests, or did they tend to be fairly scattered until the latter portion of the ones you took....

Just wondering to make sure I'm not having weird results. haha

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My subsection scores were scattered (ranging 10-14, different almost each time) but my overall score stayed pretty constant (32-33, I think I got a 35 and a 31). I took all the AAMCs and a few Kaplans. Actual MCAT - I got a higher PS score than I had ever gotten and a lower BS score than I had ever gotten. I don't know about others, but I wouldn't worry too much about having some scattered scores.

It is very common for your practice scores to be scattered initially. You'll likely encounter topics that you haven't studied yet on some tests and only topics that you've covered on others. Once you're later on in your studies and you've covered everything, your scores should start to stabilize out. The initial tests should be used as an indicator of what subjects you're strong in and what needs work, as well as how your timing and stamina are working out. The later tests should be used as a more accurate estimate of your current score.

Took all the AAMC practice tests. Ranged from 30 to 36 with at least 10's in each section and averaged a 32 total score. Real score was a 32 with at least 10 in each section.