Technology Treo 600...$199!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mward04

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
that's amazing!!!!!

have you or anyone that you know gone ahead with this deal for the treo? if so, how long did it take to get the rebate?

silverandblack

silverandblack said:
that's amazing!!!!!

have you or anyone that you know gone ahead with this deal for the treo? if so, how long did it take to get the rebate?

silverandblack

I bought mine through Amazon last year and the rebate takes about 6-8 weeks. Incidentally, I bought my previous Treo through Amazon as well and the same occurred.

Gotta love rebates!

Members don't see this ad :)
I read the Amazon customer reviews, and many of them have written that the speaker dies on the Treo 600 often?! :confused:

TheWingThing said:
I read the Amazon customer reviews, and many of them have written that the speaker dies on the Treo 600 often?! :confused:

Not true...I've never had that happen to me

:laugh: That's not true. I've had my treo since its debut on T-mobile and its perfect. Does it crash? Yes, it can...but any PDA can. Just track which programs you load at a time so you can simply remove the outdated/incompatible program version that is causing the problems.

Otherwise, the Treo has been great. :D Mine functions as a:
1) Phone - I use mp3s/wave files as ringer or alarms
2) PDA with all my med programs (5 minute clinical consult a must, plus stedmans dictionary and epocrates)
3) MP3 player with my 256mb SD card in stereo
4) Camera - decent to post quick pics snapped straight for the web/blogs.
5) Voice recorder - I use this to dictate messages and numbers in a hurry.
6) Live AIM/MSN/Yahoo messenger - if that's your thing.
7) Email checker - love this, esp. for school where email is communication central
8) Video games - Spy Hunter is my favorite to pass time.

There are other similar pda/phones but few if any have a decent full keyboard. The Tungsten C as a PDA is awesome. I like larger keyboard and screen for sure. If they had high definition screen on the treo 600, it would be perfect. Otherwise, it does the job well.

People rave of Wi-Fi but I doubt anyone is closer to a Wi-Fi broadcaster than not. Therefore, I have to admit, wireless internet is the bomb...despite being sluggish...but perfect for mobile hotmail, checking other email accounts, and pda webpages where its not that slow for basic functions.