Technology Treo 650

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snoopy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? How do you like it?

Members don't see this ad.

Snoopy said:
Anyone have one of these? How do you like it?

I love mine. pretty good phone. I got all the palm med programs. Great text messaging, its like u are on AOL instant messenger and can text like super fast so u can communicate w others during rounds and or the club when its too hard to use the phone. Got a 1 gig card so it can store alot of stuff, mp3s, videos, photos, etc.. Also, sprint vision gives it good internet capabilities although its slow compared to wifi. I could have waited for the treo700 but i wanted the palm os so i could use the palm med programs.

later

Edited: due to first post promoting illegal acts

Thanks. What is a key generator? When is the 700 coming out? Is it still going to be Palm based? I know there is a Windows version coming out in January.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a 650 and find it very useful. If you carry both a Palm and a cell phone, then you should get a Treo. It's a great combo.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the future is for support of the treo 600 and 650, now that Palm has announced the Windows version.

BTW, as an admin, I am required to point out that key generators are illegal - it's stealing. Do the right thing and buy the software. Many software vendors offer large discounts or free versions for students.

plain and simple. the treo rocks! nothing else better IMHO. i also have a 1gig card for storage. its hard because alot of programs require some space on the main storage of the phone, and it only has 25mb. so that part sucks. but i just put the programs on that i need for that rotation, and then switch it up when i go to the next one. the treo makes it easy to carry only one small device in your white coat or scrubs if you are doing surgery. very convenient. also, you can be text messaging but it looks like you are looking up something on your PDA. cant really bust a cell phone out during rounds. :thumbup: :thumbup: BTW havent heard about the treo700. figures, as i just purchased the 650. :thumbdown:

could anyone expand on the comments about the treo. specifically what is the problem with running programs off of the expansion card? for instance, would it be possible to download and run the foloiwng progrmas on the treo at the same time even though they take up a lot of memory, ie could they all be run off of a memory card on the treo at the same time: the full epocrates; a medical dictionary; surgical recall, and netter electronic flashcards; and a few other programs.
thanks

http://skyscape.com/estore/store.aspx?category=65
http://www.medicalwizards.com/client/productdesc.aspx?productid=62&ProviderID=3

dsp said:
could anyone expand on the comments about the treo. specifically what is the problem with running programs off of the expansion card? for instance, would it be possible to download and run the foloiwng progrmas on the treo at the same time even though they take up a lot of memory, ie could they all be run off of a memory card on the treo at the same time: the full epocrates; a medical dictionary; surgical recall, and netter electronic flashcards; and a few other programs.
thanks

http://skyscape.com/estore/store.aspx?category=65
http://www.medicalwizards.com/client/productdesc.aspx?productid=62&ProviderID=3

the problem is alot of the programs require to be on the main memory, not the expansion card. i am not familiar with the programs that you mentioned except epocrates. all of epocrates except for DX required it to be on the main memory. I havent had a problem with running out of memory, because most of the programs I use can be put on the card. Check the programs you want, and make sure it will allow you to run them on an expansion card.

I think one of the big issues with the Treo650 is memory management given it's filesystem.. otherwise it handles mostly all software applications like a champ. I am considering picking one of these up soon... but I'd like to know more about the Treo700. I'm not sure if the Treo650 comes w/ WiFi.. but that seems to be the big thing now... I could probably live w/o it. Thankfully, you can go hands-free w/ this baby when talking :)

wifi.........funny you should ask. apparently it was supposed to have one, but palm hasnt released a driver for the wifi cards. if you are really wanting one, you can easily google a hack so you can use one. ;)