Program-Specific Info / Q's Trinity Washington DC Admissions OT Fall 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTYogi89

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Waiting to hear back from Trinity Washington DC. Applications were due on January 30th. I know they are doing interviews this year. Has anyone heard back from them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi All,
Waiting to hear back from Trinity Washington DC. Applications were due on January 30th. I know they are doing interviews this year. Has anyone heard back from them yet?
I haven’t heard from them yet neither! Hopefully we hear something soon

Members don't see this ad :)
I got invited to interview! Interviews will be held March 31st - April 4th.

My interview is via skype now b/c of Corona.

Any idea how many people they're interviewing and how many people they intend to accept this year? My interview is tomorrow and while I have a good GPA, I barely got the minimum shadowing hours and am nervous about my chances. Good luck to everyone interviewing this week!

No idea about how many ppl are interviewing :/ Interested to hear about your interview and the questions asked. Mine is tomorrow. Good luck!

Any idea how many people they're interviewing and how many people they intend to accept this year? My interview is tomorrow and while I have a good GPA, I barely got the minimum shadowing hours and am nervous about my chances. Good luck to everyone interviewing this week!

I'm curious to know how many people they're interviewing as well. I was assuming the interviews are individual now, but anything is possible. Would you mind letting me know? Best of luck to you as well!

No idea about how many ppl are interviewing :/ Interested to hear about your interview and the questions asked. Mine is tomorrow. Good luck!

Good luck to you tomorrow! Mine is Saturday

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious to know how many people they're interviewing as well. I was assuming the interviews are individual now, but anything is possible. Would you mind letting me know? Best of luck to you as well!

It was an individual interview! I think they originally had planned a group interview because the timeslots changed from a 3-hour timeslot to 45 minutes. Mine didn't take the entire time, I think they just want to get a sense of who you are. Sure you'll do great!

It was an individual interview! I think they originally had planned a group interview because the timeslots changed from a 3-hour timeslot to 45 minutes. Mine didn't take the entire time, I think they just want to get a sense of who you are. Sure you'll do great!

That's great news, thank you! I figured that originally there would be a group component in person, but with everything changing all of the sudden, I wasn't sure if the plan was to have a virtual group or what not. I feel much better knowing what to expect going into it, so I really appreciate you getting back to me! One less curve ball :) I hope it all went well, and I hope you stay safe and healthy!

Hello! Did anyone happen to ask when we should expect to hear back? It completely slipped my mind. I'm already getting antsy and I just had my interview this morning, lol!

Hello! Did anyone happen to ask when we should expect to hear back? It completely slipped my mind. I'm already getting antsy and I just had my interview this morning, lol!
Hello, I did and they said No later than two weeks. Two weeks isn't teo long but feels long when you are awaiting for answers that will change your life! good luck to all

Hello, I did and they said No later than two weeks. Two weeks isn't teo long but feels long when you are awaiting for answers that will change your life! good luck to all

Two weeks does feel like forever! Thank you! Best of luck to you

One week of waiting down- anyone have any updates? I know they said no later than 2 weeks but was hoping for the sake of my nerves it would be sooner rather than later.

Also hope everyone is staying safe- especially those who already work in the medical field. Sending best wishes to you all!

One week of waiting down- anyone have any updates? I know they said no later than 2 weeks but was hoping for the sake of my nerves it would be sooner rather than later.

Also hope everyone is staying safe- especially those who already work in the medical field. Sending best wishes to you all!

I haven’t heard anything yet either! Just obsessively checking my email and then checking this forum every 5 minutes hoping for an update. I’m a nervous wreck as well!

Best wishes to you!

Same!! I was hoping to hear something before two weeks as well. It does help to hear that everyone is in the same boat here. Stay safe and stay sane, friends! :lol:

Reactions: 1 users
I haven’t heard anything yet either! Just obsessively checking my email and then checking this forum every 5 minutes hoping for an update. I’m a nervous wreck as well!

Best wishes to you!
They were closed for the Easter holiday so Ms. Bond says we should hear back something this seek.

Hey friends- just got my acceptance this afternoon! So excited to start this fall! Fingers crossed for everyone else here! :)

Hey friends- just got my acceptance this afternoon! So excited to start this fall! Fingers crossed for everyone else here! :)

Hi!! I just received my acceptance about 30 minutes ago! I’m beyond thrilled! Congratulations! I can’t wait to meet you!

Hello!
I am excited for you and is excited to study alongside you as we begin our Journey to becoming excellent OTs. see you at orientation.

Hey guys!! Congrats to you all. I also got in and was wondering if there was a Facebook group for this cohort yet?

Hey guys!! Congrats to you all. I also got in and was wondering if there was a Facebook group for this cohort yet?

Hi! Congratulations! I checked as of last night and hadn’t found one. If you find one, or know how we can start one, please let me know. I’d love to help!

Hi! Congratulations! I checked as of last night and hadn’t found one. If you find one, or know how we can start one, please let me know. I’d love to help!
Same here. I thought about starting one but was waiting for orientation to inquire if there were any restrictions. I cant fathom how no other class before us established a facebook or any other means by which future students can get a bit more info. If there are no restrictions then we can set the trend by sharing our experience throughout our journey so future OT Trinitarians can get a taste of it all.

Hi guys! Congrats on your acceptances! I am a prospective student would you be able to put your stats in this thread?

I just got my official acceptance today - I got a phone call last week to let me know I got in. This has been such a long waiting game!

Hi guys! Congrats on your acceptances! I am a prospective student would you be able to put your stats in this thread?

Sure thing. I have a 3.89 GPA and slightly higher for my OT requirement GPA. I barely scraped by with the shadowing hours, though, and they called me out on it during my interview. (Yikes! Haha) (16 hours in a hand clinic and 38 in elementary schools). They really value a range of settings for those hours. I think what helped me is that I was a TFA teacher and had a clear answer on why I wanted to be an OT based on my experience in the classroom.

I get why you're asking for stats, especially because I myself poured over these threads and tried to research admission stats for all the OT schools just trying to see if I stood a chance of getting in. My advice is to try not to get too wrapped up in that- you'll see people post their stats as having 300 hours of observation, internships, 4.0 GPAs. The fact of the matter is there will always be those people (possibly here on this very thread!) but don't let that rattle you. I'm sure you'll be fine!

If it helps your research, I also got accepted to Shenandoah, but am choosing Trinity. :)

Thank you and yes I’d love to!
Gpa-3.5
Pre req Gpa- 3.5
Observation hours- 92 ( pediatrics, geriatrics, mental health).
Jobs that helped me become a stronger candidate- Registered behavior technician and caregiver.

I can promise that this process will definitely not be easy. There will definitely be ups and downs but have faith in yourself and trust the process. I only applied to two schools -Trinity and Shenandoah. I got waitlisted at Shenandoah which definitely made me uneasy considering the fact that I only applied to two schools but my faith pushed me to where I am now. If you need any help, you can message me separately if need be. Good Luck and you got this!!

I just got my official acceptance today - I got a phone call last week to let me know I got in. This has been such a long waiting game!
[/QUOTE

Congrats on your admission! Looking forward to meeting you!

Same here. I thought about starting one but was waiting for orientation to inquire if there were any restrictions. I cant fathom how no other class before us established a facebook or any other means by which future students can get a bit more info. If there are no restrictions then we can set the trend by sharing our experience throughout our journey so future OT Trinitarians can get a taste of it all.
yes please do this!! I plan on applying for the fall 2021 semester

I plan on applying for the fall 2021 semester too! Anyone have any idea as to when they will begin accepting applications?

I plan on applying for the fall 2021 semester too! Anyone have any idea as to when they will begin accepting applications?

Hey they had an information session today via zoom and said applications would open up mid September and are due in January

Hi! I am interested in applying for the upcoming term. Can you provide me with some in site regarding the MSOT program/professors from a student's perspective?

Hi, congratulations on your acceptance! I am interested in applying for the upcoming term. Can you provide me with some in site regarding the MSOT program/professors from a student's perspective?

Hi! I am interested in applying for the upcoming term. To the individuals that got accepted congratulations! Can one of you guys provide me with some in site regarding the MSOT program/professors from a student's perspective?