Trouble editing "College attended" on the AACOMAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phillyvicky

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble editing the dates for a college I already entered under the "College attended" section. The instructions say:

Q: How can I edit a school in the “Colleges Attended” section?
A: To change an entry in the Colleges Attended section while completing an AACOMAS application, click on the pencil icon to the right of the institution to make any changes.

However, there is no pencil icon to the right of the institution. I have looked at every page and every section and there is no pencil icon next to the college I need to edit. Or any other college for that matter. I even deleted ALL the courses I entered think that would work- NOPE! I thought there was a problem with my browser; however, I viewed the application on a Mac laptop, Windows desktop, iPhone, LG tablet, Firefox, internet explorer, Google chrome and the icon does not appear. This appears to be a flaw in the website.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm having the same problem!!! I need to delete a college. Did you figure it out??? If so, please let me know!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I'm having the same problem!!! I need to delete a college. Did you figure it out??? If so, please let me know!!

sxco3, they said it is a technical glitch. I would send an email requesting this icon be added to your account. I sent an email and they said they are working on it and to keep checking my account. It's been two weeks and it still has not been fixed, so the sooner you send it, the better. Phone calls are not productive because I called 49 times (no exaggeration) and held for 2 hours and 21 minutes one time and never received help. I did send an email to the help desk and the COO. Within a few hours I heard back from IT saying they were addressing the issue. Hope that helps!

sxco3, they said it is a technical glitch. I would send an email requesting this icon be added to your account. I sent an email and they said they are working on it and to keep checking my account. It's been two weeks and it still has not been fixed, so the sooner you send it, the better. Phone calls are not productive because I called 49 times (no exaggeration) and held for 2 hours and 21 minutes one time and never received help. I did send an email to the help desk and the COO. Within a few hours I heard back from IT saying they were addressing the issue. Hope that helps!

Hey guys! Did anyone figure this issue out? I was planning to submit today but couldn't because I really needed to edit some crucial info -_-

I also sent an email to the help desk using their form. Is that how you guys did it too? I emailed the AACOMAS contact email as well, and plan on calling them tomorrow morning.

Anyway please let me know if you guys got this issue resolved! I'm getting real nervous.

Also, how did you contact the COO? I couldn't find his email listed anywhere :/

I was not able to resolve my issue. It is my hope that they will address the issue soon because I believe this is affecting many students. Possibly if enough students bring this to their attention, they will provide resources to resolve the issue. I was not successful when I attempted to contact them by phone. I called 49 times, which is not an exaggeration. During one phone call, I held for 2 hours and 20 minutes. This is also not an exaggeration. Your most reliable option is email. It was the only avenue in which I received a response.

You can find information about the leadership at:
http://www.aacom.org/about-aacom/leaders

Furthermore, you can contact the leadership at:
http://www.aacom.org/about-aacom/contact

The Chief Operating Officer's name is John E. Roane, Jr.

Hope that helps, and best of luck.

Vicky

I was not able to resolve my issue. It is my hope that they will address the issue soon because I believe this is affecting many students. Possibly if enough students bring this to their attention, they will provide resources to resolve the issue. I was not successful when I attempted to contact them by phone. I called 49 times, which is not an exaggeration. During one phone call, I held for 2 hours and 20 minutes. This is also not an exaggeration. Your most reliable option is email. It was the only avenue in which I received a response.

You can find information about the leadership at:
http://www.aacom.org/about-aacom/leaders

Furthermore, you can contact the leadership at:
http://www.aacom.org/about-aacom/contact

The Chief Operating Officer's name is John E. Roane, Jr.

Hope that helps, and best of luck.

Vicky

Wow, this is ridiculous. You haven't submitted your application yet, I assume?

I am submitting my message right away to the COO. This should not be happening.

I just emailed a bunch of people from leadership. I hope they get back to me soon because this is really testing my patience...

Last edited:
I am calling AACOMAS tomorrow - if by any chance I have the slightest shred of luck, I'll let you all know what happens.

I am planning on telling them that other students have experienced this issue and it's a huge deal because it's preventing us from submitting our applications. Hope it's okay if I refer to you guys (if they ask, I doubt they will).

I had the same issue but submitted my app yesterday. Call the helpdesk and ask them to make the edits in the system for you in order to bypass the glitch. The effect was immediate for me and I submitted my app 30 min later

Reactions: 1 user
Just called AACOMAS. The woman on the line was extremely sweet and helpful and helped me bypass the glitch, as @yeasureyoubetcha said! Feeling all kinds of giddy right now.

I suggest calling as early as possible so that you don't have to wait much. I wasn't put on hold for too long when I called just now - only about 5 minutes.

Good luck guys! :)