Trouble Getting DO letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thaman91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
_

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should probably hedge your bets and continue to try and get the original letter as well as find another DO. I had a Doctor who offered to write me an amazing letter but she was a locum and I couldn't get a hold of her for weeks after she stopped working in my ED despite having both her personal and professional email addresses. Fortunately I was/am an ED Scribe so finding another letter writer wasn't a problem.

A week went by and I did not get a response, so I emailed again. A few more days and still nothing, so I called his office. The staff got down my name and number and said they'd call back…they didn't. A few more days went by and I emailed again, but still nothing. I ended up calling two more times and emailing one more time. But it's now been 3 weeks and I have not even gotten so much as an acknowledgment that the stuff I sent him was received and that he was working on my letter or would work on my letter when he had time.
Shadowed a DO from 9-5 once. Without me asking, he offered to write me a letter. I had back/shoulder pain so I saw him twice more as a patient, and he still brought up the topic of writing me a letter. So I sent him an e-mail with all my stuff and it's been almost a week with no acknowledgement.

What did I do? :idea:

I printed out the Interfolio paper, resume, a photo of me, and my personal statement. I also took a letter envelope, addressed it to Interfolio (which apparently has the same address for sending AACOMAS transcripts), return-addressed it to him at his office, and put a forever stamp on there. All of this way put into a manila envelope. I then wrote my name in the center. Over that, I scotch-taped a "thank you" card for first fixing my back/shoulder pain so effectively and second writing me a letter. I put that card in its lil envelope and put his name on the outside. I then personally dropped it off with his front-desk secretary as he was in with a patient. And so... I'll let you know how it turns out :D

I encourage people to start gathering letters six months to a year in advance.