Trying to live with my wife....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halifax

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all I need some advice +/- ideas...

I'm currently doing IM residency and will finish in july 2010. My wife has just joined Peds residency in another program <100 miles as my town doesn't have one. I have just matched into a fellowship for pulmo/critical care in a mid west university town starting in 2010. Now there is a peds program there and my question is

- Do I get in touch with them on behalf of my wife or do I ask my wife to get in touch with them?

- she has just started her internship in the new program. BTW she has trained in England and is due for waiver of her 1st year of training and will this complicate the transfer process???

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should talk to your wife and work out between the two of you how (or even if) she should switch programs.

Hi Sweet tea

that's not the issue we both want to be together I just want to know who should make the move should it be her or should I go through maybe my future fellowship PD or email on my wife's behalf introducing myself as a future fellow in another speciality in the same university....which stands a better chance if at all any.thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah okay. That makes more sense.

I would have your wife talk to them. And you should talk to your program director for fellowship and see if they have an in with the peds program director. But as far as talking to the peds folks, I think your wife should call.

Ah okay. That makes more sense.

I would have your wife talk to them. And you should talk to your program director for fellowship and see if they have an in with the peds program director. But as far as talking to the peds folks, I think your wife should call.

I agree. A call from your wife will show that she is interested in the program and willing to take initiative. She needs to be up front about her/your situation, but hopefully she's enthusiastic about the program too. After that, supposing they are receptive, it wouldn't hurt for your PD to talk to their PD if he/she is willing.

Thanks Stitch & Sweet tea. Hope this works.