TUCOM-CA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just canceled my interview for October 25th. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I tried to use the link late at night a while ago and it didn't work (right around the time you posted), but checked again the next day and it was fine.

it isnt working again

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the admissions office and they said they've been trying to contact Touro-NY about the broken link but no response yet. The NY offices were closed a couple of days this past week due to the Jewish holiday, and they're not sure when the link would be fixed. You can mail your application in with a check to Touro University-CA if preferable.

Just interviewed here!

The day started promptly at 9 AM. The campus can be a bit confusing (especially if you follow a GPS that takes you in the wrong direction!!), so leave early enough that if you get lost, you will still be there on time.

First, we started with a short info session and financial aid overview. Then, 30 minutes on the DO/MPH program. Then, the Dean of TUCOM talked to us. He gave us plenty of time for questions.

The tour was from about 11 - 12.

The group interview was 12 - 1. My day had 2 groups of 5. We were each asked 2-3 questions from EACH interviewer (hence, it was about 6-9 questions total).

KNOW YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT AND APPLICATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be prepared to answer questions about them directly... like, "why did you write about this?" "can you elaborate on this?" etc.

No pens were provided, so you might want to bring your own.
The day ended at 1:30 PM.

Good luck!

Hey everybody, hope the admissions process is going well so far. I'm currently a first year at TUCOM-CA and absolutely love it so far. PM me if you have any questions about the school.

Good luck to all who interviewed back on 9/26. I can hardly wait to receive that email tomorrow! I hope everyone hears good news!

Good luck to all who interviewed back on 9/26. I can hardly wait to receive that email tomorrow! I hope everyone hears good news!

Everyone who has interviewed from 9/26- 10/4 will find out tomorrow :)

Woot Touro!!! Cant wait for my interview, 2 weeks and counting!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think today. Dr. Haight said they're closed tomorrow for a holiday

we hear tomorrow, not today...right?
(I know they meet today)

They do meet today. Dr. Haight said decisions will be mailed out today because the school is closed Friday. He said interviewees that emailed him after the interview asking for decision by email that he would try to get them out today too. So I'm assuming sometime in the next 3 hours...

LOL TUCOM - NV sent me an email declining an interview...what a coincidence. Gave me a jolt to say the least.

High-Waitlist. Oh well--at least I have longer than 2 weeks to think things over!

Donald is excited to announce that I've been placed on the medium wait-list.

Awesome! considering the fact that he said he never pulls from the medium wait-list...

Anyways I'm not too disappointed cause it's quite a journey over to California although I wish I wasn't 2/2 on wait-list:eek:

Low waitlist. Maybe if they had asked me more than one question during my interview, they'd have a better idea of who I was. I'd be totally bummed if I hadn't totally hated this school. Prob just gonna withdraw.

Sadly the first line of my email (which you see in gmail before opening a message) is..."I am pleased to inform you..." I definitely got excited that I had made it...then saw the "Medium waitlist" part upon opening the email. That hurt.

Donald is excited to announce that I've been placed on the medium wait-list.

lol I was thinking the same thing when I read my email. Did anyone get accepted from our group??

(And sorry, no house for ya in Tenn, btw.)

Accepted... My stats are:

30 mcat
3.65 sciGPA
3.63 cumGPA
Have various ECs
CA resident

I've already searched the interview feedback section of sdn, but I was just curious, what kinds of questions did they ask you guys? Any ethical scenarios? Health care reform? Or just specifics off of your application? Thanks and congrats to those who were accepted!

lol I was thinking the same thing when I read my email. Did anyone get accepted from our group??

(And sorry, no house for ya in Tenn, btw.)

no problem...thanks for trying! I got wait-listed anyways.

I've already searched the interview feedback section of sdn, but I was just curious, what kinds of questions did they ask you guys? Any ethical scenarios? Health care reform? Or just specifics off of your application? Thanks and congrats to those who were accepted!

When I was interviewed, they asked a LOT of specifics off of our applications. The typical why med/do/our school jazz. I'm pretty sure they asked one guy a scenario question, something about "say you're running a clinical trial - what results would make you feel like you've truly succeeded." They asked specific questions off of our PSs, but no ethical questions that I remember..

On the other end of the spectrum, I was seriously grilled with ethical questions, 4-5at least in addition to the questions about my application. I'm guessing it might've been because I've taken ethics courses in my undergrad, but still, I wasn't expecting that and it's been on my mind ever since.

Oh, and Dr. Haight was also pleased to announce their decision to put me on the wait list. Even though he told us they'd try not to... :confused:

Wow, it seems like there's a whole bunch of waitlist in the last couple of weeks. That makes me even more nervous about next week, ahhhh!!

yeah- so far I see what appears to be 5-6 waitlists and 2 acceptances...isn't this strange?? After that whole speech about how there are plenty of spots to accept and that he encourages the committee to "pull the trigger" (Dr. Haight's words, not mine). They only had 40 of us to consider and have an unlimited number of seats, how can they waitlist so many of us??

beats me. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be a long year :lame:

I didn't get any ethical questions. My questions were directly from my application: PS, ECs, classes, essays, etc.

sadly the first line of my email (which you see in gmail before opening a message) is..."i am pleased to inform you..." i definitely got excited that i had made it...then saw the "medium waitlist" part upon opening the email. That hurt.

+1...........

is anybody else interviewing on 10/10, or am i the only person interviewing on a national holiday????

anyone know how frequently they're offering interview dates to applicants? or if their interview spots are filled up for the time being?

Oops... I lost my interview confirmation email, can anybody please please please PM me the details of where to meet, etc?

To those that interviewed, did they give each of you an opportunity to ask questions at the end? Thanks!

To those that interviewed, did they give each of you an opportunity to ask questions at the end? Thanks!

Our interview ran a bit late and they had a conference to go to, so the group had ~2 minutes to ask questions (we got 2 questions out). I'm sure that most interviews will leave more time to ask questions, but ours didn't.

so only two weeks to decide...to all you guys who were accepted on Thursday, you think you're gonna put down the deposit?

to the waitlist people...have you gotten your packets in the mail and do the packets have any details about when they let waitlist people know...or do they wait until June before touching the list??

Edit: nevermind- I see that they don't let anyone know until after June...

Last edited: