• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

TUCOM-CA Rotations

maxhealth

Langendorff Land
10+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2005
CT
  1. Medical Student
    Are there any TUCOM-California students out there who can share their experiences in clinical rotations? Where (what hospitals) do you do most of your rotations? Are they ward or preceptor based? Does the school set them up for you? Any information would be helpful as I am trying to decide which school to attend. Thanks!

DblHelix

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Nov 17, 2005
      DODO said:
      Yeah I am interested in this as well. Since you basically have to set it up on your own, is it possible to rotate at the same sites as say, UCSF and Davis students?

I also really want to know the answer to this question. Lets keep this post alive till a TUCOM-CA student answer us :D

About the Ads

MasterShakeDO

The Drizzle
      10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jan 26, 2005
      Southern Cal
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        DODO said:
        Yeah I am interested in this as well. Since you basically have to set it up on your own, is it possible to rotate at the same sites as say, UCSF and Davis students?

Sorry we're all preparing for block exams! First year here, so I don't know much except that my fiancee is going throught the pre-rotation chaos and we want to stay in the Bay Area for obvious reasons.
        You aren't on your own. Dr. Towne has done an amazing job getting enough spots for us. 3rd year you are set up on mostly full-year sites and can go to Touro-affiliated hospitals. as of now we have 40 available slots in the Bay Area and an additional 40 or so in SoCal.
        4th year I've heard you can set up yourself anywhere you can get them to take you. The openings in Bay Area are mostly separate from other med schools and preceptor based.
        I don't have any experiences to share about where is good so hopefully a 3rd/4th year can chime in!

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.