Tucom mcat and gpa average

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

verizonsucks25

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what my chances for TUCOM mare island. I am northeastern resident who attended a flag ship state school in new jersey. I have a 3.8 overall gpa in a liberals arts concentration with 3.98 science gpa with 29p on the Mcats

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering what my chances for TUCOM mare island. I am northeastern resident who attended a flag ship state school in new jersey. I have a 3.8 overall gpa in a liberals arts concentration with 3.98 science gpa with 29p on the Mcats

Sorry. You're stats are way low. Averages at TUCOM-Mare Island are GPA=765.23 and MCAT=9,867ZZTOP.

Members don't see this ad :)

Are you serious? Either you are very naive or you are just trying to show off. If you are going to ask a question, ask a serious question.

Are you serious? Either you are very naive or you are just trying to show off. If you are going to ask a question, ask a serious question.

It is a serious question because I believe TUCOM Mare island has one of the highest averages for MCATs and I heard it was competetive to get in there if you are from the east coast

your stats are exceptional, but stats aren't everything...stay in touch with dr. haight..he hand picks the interviewees...best of luck! :)

your stats are exceptional, but stats aren't everything...stay in touch with dr. haight..he hand picks the interviewees...best of luck! :)

Does he really? Guess Ill be shooting him an email :)

As you'll hear often here, NUMBERS AREN'T EVERYTHING.

We don't really know you. We don't know what you've done with your life. Maybe you're a lab rat with no interpersonal skills. If this is the case, then you can't HAVE numbers good enough to get you in.

Dr. Haight personally picks the interviewees, and so he doesn't pick anyone that couldn't eventually be a medical student. Also, we're not all that into competitiveness, showiness, or being a gunner. The VERY few gunners that we DO have eat lunch alone. Stop obsessing about your numbers. DO obsess about whether a school is right for you or not. Being from the East coast, have you ever seen the campus? Talked to students? Talked to staff/faculty?

Make an informed decision based upon:

1)Where you get an interview invite
2)Where you'll fit in best.

Notice that numbers aren't anywhere on this list.

Must...get..back..to...neuro...:sleep:

I have heard really awesome things about TUCOM. So for those attending, tell me why it was right for you? What are the pro's and con's. Give us the inside scoop!

If you PM me I can tell you why I decided after acceptance that TUCOM-MI wasn't the best fit for me. It was initially my top choice school. While it wasn't right for me, it may be a perfect fit for you.

It's MCAT not MCATs. There's just one.

If all you have in your profile is good grades/decent MCAT and minimal exposure in healthcare, good luck.

Remember, it's NOT all just your grades and what school you went to, it's also what you have done in addition that displays your commitment to human service.

I got an interview invite this past Monday from Touro CA and I have a 3.1GPA and 27MCAT.
So, obviously, they consider much more than just your numbers.

In conclusion, your chances if you don't apply are ZERO!