TUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dirtyharry82

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a paramedic student presently applying to undergrad school and happen to come across a new combined program with touro college in bayshore long island and with TUCOM. I would like to know anything and everything about TUCOM, I really dont know much as to the medical school system but anything I can learn will help i guess.

Thanx everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Harry, I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but you might want to check out the TOURO University website at <a href="http://www.touro.edu." target="_blank">www.touro.edu.</a> I hope that helps. If you need more info, you might want to contact dean Haight at [email protected]; he is a great guy and will answer your questions if he can. Good luck and take care! :)

DirtyHarry-
I'm not sure what combined program you're talking about...I'd be interested in knowing. However, the only combined program that I do know of is a combined program with Bay Shore and Technion (Israel - ) MS/MD - Is this what you were speaking of? If not whats this other program...

Members don't see this ad :)
Its a new program, that might still be unofficial. when i was calling colleges i got in touch with the asst dean of the undergrad and met with him, he told me of this program but also said i would be the first student trying to get into it. Basically from what i understand is that i would do 3 years of undergrad at Touro in bayshore and as long as i keep a 3.5 gpa and get a 25 on my mcats i am already retroactively accepted to TUCOM from the beginning. What i am looking for is ppls opinion on TUCOM, ups and downs. if ppl think its a good school. the website is very basic. thanx everyone

As a student here I can say that noone at this school has heard of that.

Sorry I goofed and hit return.

Anyway the program you have heard of is not new, but it is the program with the MD school in Israel. Our school requires a BS degree (as does the Long Island/Israel program, it's a 5 year MS/MD combined program), and we are not allowed to transfer in any credits toward graduation unless they come from another US medical school. Schools generally only allow 3rd year transfers.

Hope this helps :)

sorry to confuse every1. i didnt think that ne1 would know of the 7 year bs/do program...it isnt on any papers(at least i dont think so) but thats not really my main worry...i wouold really like information on the TUCOM school.

Touro is in the process of relocating their undergraduate school to the Mare Island Bay area campus where the DO school is. I believe it will be done by 2003. I wouldn't be surprised if along with this they began a BS/DO combined program.

As for the quality of the school, I personally will be attending starting this coming year. (so it must be great--just kidding :wink: ) Although it is still relatively new and the facilities are not yet as developed as at some other DO schools, the quality of the students and the professors seems from all I've learned to be top-rate. And I have heard great things about the professors and administration really caring about the students. I would suggest speaking with Dr. Haight in admissions about your possible interest. I'll be able to say more next year after I'm there for a while! Good luck!