Tufts 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still had to fly back home the next day, and everything was fine of course, but now I just feel weird about it. Telling people the story makes me feel way scared-er than I did in the moment!

But with the accepted day, do you think most people are planning to go?

I'll be there! But I'm only an hour drive away so thankfully no planes for me
 
Hey all- looking for advice re physics. It doesn't say online that Tufts only requires 6 credits and no labs, can anyone confirm this for me? I think I have an email about this somewhere, but I can't find it, and the office hasn't gotten back to me yet to say for sure. I'm currently taking Physics 2 online to complete a lab requirement that I needed for other schools I applied to, but if Tufts for 1000% sure doesn't need it, then I'm dropping it, since I already accepted my seat.

Thoughts??

I'd check with the school, I got the impression that Tufts does not accept online labs, and for me it was hard to find an online org chem lecture for them to approve (I already have lab). They require that all online courses need to be approved beforehand so I'd definitely check with the school for sure.
Good luck!
 
I'd check with the school, I got the impression that Tufts does not accept online labs, and for me it was hard to find an online org chem lecture for them to approve (I already have lab). They require that all online courses need to be approved beforehand so I'd definitely check with the school for sure.
Good luck!

I'm already taking the class - I want permission to stop! I don't think I actually need permission, I just want something in writing before I officially withdraw from it. I'm pretty sure I got an email about this months ago, but I think I was dumb and deleted it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm already taking the class - I want permission to stop! I don't think I actually need permission, I just want something in writing before I officially withdraw from it. I'm pretty sure I got an email about this months ago, but I think I was dumb and deleted it.
I see, that should be easier! Don't worry, you'll know when they get back to you!
 
Could someone please talk about the large animal/food animal program at Tufts? If I am interested in LA hands on experience, are there many opportunities available in the area (of course I'll look hard for them🙂 ?
 
We need to join from a tufts webpage, not from the WebEx website.
Or you could also call to join!

I got nervous that if I called I'd have to talk - I was at work so I couldn't talk to anybody...I don't really know how these things work
 
I got nervous that if I called I'd have to talk - I was at work so I couldn't talk to anybody...I don't really know how these things work

Haha I had the same worries when I had my first conference call (where I was the most insignificant person)! It turned out to be more like a webinar, and our microphones were disabled so we couldn't talk when a presenter/panelist was talking 😀
 
Did we need reapply for financial aid for our 2016 income a week after we submitted our financial aid information that included 2015 tax returns??
 
I just called financial aid (again lol) and they still don't have a specific date but said the emails will go out this week. Fingers crossed


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed Tufts that I'm not going to attend next fall, so my spot will be going to someone on the waitlist! Good luck to everyone!
 
Has anyone called recently for an update? I'd just like to know for my own sanity if there are spots that opened up.
I feel ya. Remember they may not know till the end of the day if/how many spots there are (since people may be waiting last minute to respond).
 
I emailed yesterday and was told that the class is currently full. There may be a few spots that open up from now until August, but it's anybody's guess now.

Personally, I'm relieved hearing that as I've already planned for a gap year. Now I can truly relax for a bit before re-applying!
 
I just spoke with admissions, They said they took 5 people off the waitlist. I wasn't one of them. 🙁 They said the waitlisters that they accepted have 2 weeks to respond.
 
So I heard about a facebook page that we can join to look for roommates and such, does anyone know anything about it? I really want to get started looking for housing since I live close!
 
Does anyone know where to send our transcripts once we have officially graduated? I remember something about sending to VMCAS but since our account is closed I don't see why thats needed? I know Tufts need them though right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad